Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
on September 20, 2012
I was looking forward to this book from the day I first heard about it. I ordered it the day it came out and went through it a couple of times and haven't since. It's surprising because there probably aren't too many bigger fans of the Velvet Underground than I am.

The book has lots of great photos and some interesting interviews, but it just didn't work for me. I was much happier with a bio that came out in the 1980's called Uptight. I would highly recommend that book.

This one is good and I have no doubt that there are many VU fans who will love it. You may too and I would probably defer to the other reviews if I were someone considering buying this book. For some reason, it didn't resonate with me very strongly.
on April 19, 2010
Wonderful book full of rare & well-reproduced photos, on heavy high quality pages. How about Lou Reed performing at Syracuse University for rare? How about the Falling Spikes (with Lou, Sterling, Sterling, & Angus, before Mo) on the streets of New York City, for rare? The photos are of every imaginable aspect of the group's history (including a contract with MGM Records, July 1966, signed by Christa Paffgen & the others). Probably more than a casual fan of the group would want, but a real goldmine for the most velvet of Underground fans. Includes several interviews with Velvet Underground members that are interspersed throughout the photos. A chronology, compositional music sheets (including "Heroin"), publicity photos, record labels/covers, are among the photos. My only complaint is the lack of an index.
on January 14, 2017
Used book in excellent condition as advertised. Also came with a c.d. Granddaughter is very happy with it.
on November 28, 2013
An impressive collection of photos, gig posters interviews & remembrances of the magic that was the VU! This book has some real heft. As a big Velvets & Lou Reed fan, there was a lot of material I hadn't seen before and I appreciate that care was taken in finding high resolution and top quality photos and and promo material from the 60s.
on September 9, 2012
this book is a dream come true for velvet nuts..if you think of the velvets and a high art form you will find them treated that way for the first time..super images in a sumptuous book on good paper a true art book..a true bible of velvet images,,love it love it love it...