Bubble Witch Saga 3 BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Jessi James decker PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

The Velveteen Rabbit
Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 14, 2017
I pray that all ages read this most profound Book....Make sure you have tissues near by and
I am not one to cry! After you read this Nursery Book, please read "The Veveteen Principles"
where the author pulls out the 'hidden' wisdom in this delightful book, God bless, Charity and
Grace
on February 17, 2014
This hard cover book of my favorite "children's" (I think the message is perfect for any age) book is beautiful. The size is larger than I thought it was going to be. The cover and the print are amazing!
on June 8, 2015
This is one of my favorite books. I was introduced to it in 1972 just after our daughter was born. I've always collected rabbits because it was my nickname so this book just touched my heart. I used to read it to some one every year but somewhere along the way I stopped. I'm currently in skilled nursing and therapy after a hip surgery that has had a few challenges. I'm particularly fond of one of the nurses so I bought this for her to read. She said it was wonderful. This is a very lovely book.
on August 16, 2017
I never forgot this story of what love does. When I saw a copy of the original book and illustrations, I had to have it for my Grandchildren . They are in the 1st and 2nd grade and I hoped the story would touch them as it did me so many years ago... it was a hit and they sat through the whole story. When it was done, my Grandson said he loved the story . It really was a special moment for me and love does make things real!
Very good book to read to your children. My wife loved hearing this story when she was little. I never heard of it until just last year when she told me about it. We gave the book to one of our friends who just has a baby and she loves reading the book to her son. If you want a good children's book, I would recommend the Velveteen Rabbit.
on January 3, 2012
A charming story of how toys become real.

A story about a rabbit who isn't much but a body, his little arms and a head. He realizes he's not like the other rabbits and inquires of the other animals what it will take him to become real.

Much like any idea, when something is important, when something has established itself as important and assumes a deeper meaning - it becomes real. The rabbit of the story in question, despite his drawbacks and the taunts issued him by the other woodland creatures has high importance to someone. He helps his person through a very difficult time in his life, a near fatal time and is repaid, ingratuitously with a trip to the burn pile... The short end of the long, he's rescued and becomes what he longed to be - still, none the less real in terms of physical dimension ala space consumed, but living.

A tale of despair, suffering, hope and ultimately transcendence.
Full 5-stars.
on June 2, 2017
I listened to the Audio supplied on one of the Amazon pages for the book. Bought as a baby shower gift. Have not had the pleasure of reading it personally. I am considering buying a copy just for my own personal satisfaction. That first chapter I heard was beautiful.
on December 6, 2014
Love this book! I purchased it as a baby shower gift for a friend (instead of a card guests were encouraged to bring their favorite children's book to start a wonderful library). I had to sit down and read it again before wrapping it up. The story is timeless and this edition is beautiful.
on March 26, 2017
It is a beautiful, loving, sentimental story with a happy ending.
I first read this to my 31yr. old son when he was a toddler & have kept the book to pass on to a grandchild if I should be blessed to have one. I always cherish the memories of bedtime reading.
on May 10, 2017
Beautifully illustrated. A classic for sure. Ordered two one for myself and one for a gift to a very special friend. The message is timeless. This book is a keeper. Recommend it to anyone for many reasons....great story line, child or adult, deep message to touch souls.