BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

The Very Best of Winger
Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 4, 2017
It arrived in a timely manner! This is a great album! I would definitely recommend to family and friends!
on December 1, 2010
Winger was famous (or infamous if you were a B & B fan) for being the "epitome" of hair bands in the late '80s and early '90s - i.e. Good looks, lots of hair, lots of party, very little content or capability. However, Winger's singles are one of the main reasons I look back on that period fondly. This collection is perfect for capturing why Winger really is worth remembering.

First, I never was big on the whole "scene". Rather, I liked good "hair band" music because of the music. Winger was amoung the best at being great musicians writing fantastic hooks and playing the powerful, short, concise riffs. I always enjoyed Kip's voice and still consider Reb Beach to be criminally overlooked as one of the better guitar players of the last 20+ years.

The one weakness that Winger always had were the sometimes juvenile lyrics (Seventeen as a perfect example) that they wrote. Listing to some of their later singles, along with Kip Winger's solo work, I think those lyrics were more a bow to the "scene" they were in rather than an indication of their capability.

As such, this compilation comes off very well for a couple of reasons. 1st, all the big hits are here. I can not think of any that are missing that would improve on this group. 2nd, it is sequenced in reverse order. I understand that some people will not like that. However, I find that it has two effects that I enjoy - a) it is more like putting your best foot forward in that the more mature, better sounding material (call it "less fun" if you want) shows up first; b) it comes across a bit like listening to a Winger concert in the mid-90s. By the time you get to some of the trite lyrics, you are far enough into the music as to not care so much.

Since this is a compilation, I do not see a point in indicating my "favorites" here. Rather, if you are a Winger fan or a hair band fan at all, you will have your own favorites already. This may not change that, unless you have heard very little of their later music. Then, I would bet your opinion will change.

Bottom line: production is good, collection makes sense, and I personnally like the sequencing. In this case, it adds to rather than detracts from the entire set. Final bonus, the weaker material from the first two albums (at least lyrically) is mostly gone. From that standpoint, this should be the one Winger album you own and may be the only one you ever need.
on April 18, 2017
Great Price!!! Fast shipping!!! Great CD!!!
on April 6, 2017
Great Music from a Great time period!
on October 3, 2015
Came in great quality
on August 1, 2017
So many favorite songs that I am afraid to wear down the cd!!
on September 10, 2016
I was happy with this greatest hits. I liked particularly the mega hits" waiting on a heartbreak " and "seventeen". It is nice to relive your youth by just simply inserting the cd and hitting play.
on December 18, 2001
In high school I hated Kip Winger because he was prettier than my girlfriend. Now I have nothing but the deepest respect for this man and the unparalleled artistry of his music. This album has all the butt-rockinest hits from the eponymous breakthrough album, Winger, as well as the other album with the cover art that reminds me of my old Journey vinyl LPs. The previously unreleased track kicks all-world (***) too. Even the presence of the power ballad Miles Away can be forgiven, as it reminds me of the aforementioned girlfriend and how "romantic" she became after listening to schmalzy hairband love songs. (You may also wish to see my review of Skid Row first album with the hit single, I Remember You, for the graphic details.) Buy this album now, so that you too can relive the days when three chords, hair extensions, and spandex were all you needed to become a true icon of rock.
on August 22, 2003
For anyone new to the Winger sound, this album is a great "sampler" of their music. For a long-time fan like me, this album is terrific for offering the highlights from their previous albums (any die-hard fan would probably vote to have ALL of their songs on this album but this collection does offer the most well-known songs). In addition to hearing all my old favorites, I loved the new recording "On the Inside" done in 2001 when this compilation was made and also enjoyed track #7 "Hell to Pay" (an outtake from 1993's "Pull" -- I don't know why this awesome song didn't appear on that album -- it ROCKS in classic Winger fashion). This album just makes me wish all the more that the band would re-unite and start releasing more of their brand of kickass music!
on October 22, 2013
I liked Winger way back when. Like a lot of bands - for me anyway - they just aren't as good as I remember. Don't get me wrong, there is some good stuff on here, but largely it is from their first album and you have to listen to a lot of stuff I know I will never listen to again to get that far. You'd be better off starting out with their first CD. I wish I had just picked that one up instead. This went staright to the trade in pile.