Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgerton Series, Bk. 2)
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on August 4, 2016
This book focuses on Anthony, the Viscount and eldest son of Edmund and Violet, and as stated in Ms QUinn's comments at the end of the story, centers on a personality trait that is little known about because it is often kept silent among young men- dealing with the loss of a beloved father years too soon. Also like most young men of wealth and power, he lived a life that was less than stellar. Then approaching his 30th year he makes the decision that he will fulfill his last obligation and marry, but his conclusions at 18 about life get in the way. He decides that his marriage will be one of comfort, amiability but no love- love causes hurt and pain. So he rationally choses a bride who is pleasant, competent, attractive, reasonably intelligent but one he will not fall in love with nor will fall in love with him. He selects one of the season's most attractive but doesn't take into account an older stepsister. I read the series of books several years ago and then back to re-read them before writing this review. I often notice that there are things in the second reading that impact on one's enjoyment of the stories. And while I do not regret purchasing the volumes, I concluded the first read through that after the first 5 stories, the young siblings' stories were not that interesting. This reading, I re-assessed again. This story was a bit difficult for me the first time because my own father died young and left sons barely out of high school or still in school. I also had a stepmother and younger half sisters.This one had a good stepmother, a consistent plot line and characterization as well as a solid relationship between the two sisters. Because the main character is an eldest son, I tended to want to force him into a female character but I had brothers and my father also died young so I understood Anthony better than some others might have. Because the writer presents a story well, it can hits "nerves" in one reader that distract enough so it only merits a "like" in rating, but its exactly because of that quality, it would be great to another. The story of the heroine is also very startling, and a reader who may have lost a mother early in life may find this a very difficult read as well.
on July 21, 2016
Julia Quinn's Brigerton series are wonderful stories. They are definitely a MUST read. I have collected all of these series.
on July 17, 2016
The !I've story of Kate and Anthony. When Kate meet Anthony it was hate at first sight. Anthony want to marry Kate's sister and she is will to stop it at all costs. Who will win? You like it.
on July 16, 2016
Love the whole Bridgerton Family series!
on July 4, 2016
2 helms

Please follow me on my blog :) Review originally posted on <a href="http://www.vellumvoyages.com">Vellum Voyages</a>

Not even sure where to start on this book. I was looking forward to reading the second installment in the Bridgerton Saga to see if JQ had redeemed herself in my eyes. The D&I was not bad once you looked past a few flaws but this didn’t even make an impact on me. It struggled to get my attention at certain points & the story was slow which is a shame as Anthony had a standout personality in the D&I. I didn’t mind the overprotective big brother act from the D&I which was well executed by JQ in my opinion.

Anthony wants to marry Kate’s sister Edwina as he has decided in his mind that she is the perfect wife for him in looks & personality. He didn’t count on falling for Edwina’s plain older sister Kate with her meddlesome ways & challenging personality. Anthony & Kate’s relationship was lost in the book & to be honest I can’t even remember how they fell in love once I finished reading. The usual modern vernacular can be found here too which again annoyed me. Sorry JQ! I just can’t seem to let this go! I did enjoy the Pall Mall game scene as I do love the Bridgerton antics as a family!

I’m going to take a break from the family & will eventually revisit them in the future. I don’t know why I can’t seem to get into this well loved series! Oh well each to their own I suppose. I am looking forward to eventually reading Colin’s story so won’t be too long till I get back into it :)
on June 29, 2016
Story of the person similar characters who doesnt see eye to eye and without realizing fallen in love with each other. I particularly very adore the bridgerton family of all the characters in that family. The love, the bond of the family is much much cherished!
on May 26, 2016
excellent
on May 16, 2016
great
on May 13, 2016
The characters in this book were involved and multidimensional throughout the book. The plot moves quickly and has many twists and turns,keeping the reader's attention throughout.
on May 2, 2016
This love story witty and full of entertaining characters. loved the pall mall scenes