Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

The Visible Man: A Novel
Format: Paperback|Change

on April 8, 2014
I have always enjoyed Klosterman's prose in his non-fiction. I am happy to say that is fiction is very good as well. I think with some more experience in the form he can become a top-notch novelist. The book moved along very well, the narrating character was mostly believable (the hardest thing about first person writing) and I could not wait to find out what happened next. Looking forward to reading more of his stuff.
on November 1, 2015
If you're already a fan of Chuck's work, then you should own/read this one too. It's really as simple as that.

Definitely a fictional departure for him, at least compared to Downtown Owl, in my opinion. Great read nonetheless.
on May 10, 2013
I loved it. I started reading Chucks books after I did google search to find out who that annoying guy was in so many music documentaries. Glad I did, love his quick sarcastic wit and observations. Love his novels/ stories even more. This is my favorite so far, very different than downtown owl or killing yourself....but all Chuck and main character completely off his nut
on January 17, 2016
Read this book for our book club. It kept me intrigued until the end. I was a little disappointed in the ending, quite weak, and predictable.
on July 23, 2016
The book is well written, but id only read it once, the concept is only kind of interesting.
on July 15, 2016
Good book. Good author. If you're looking for your next book then here you are.
on December 23, 2014
Recommended by a friend because I like popular culture. The language was humorous and easy to read as a conversation with a friend..I am reading Killing Yourself To Live next..
on March 20, 2012
Let me start by saying that I LOVE Chuck Klosterman's pop culture dissections (Sex, Drugs, & Cocoa Puffs; Killing Yourself To Live; Fargo Rock City). I think that he's got a voice when he's discussing the minutiae of music, movies, and popular culture that I haven't heard matched by any other pop-culture critic.

However, I've been less impressed with his attempts at original works of fiction (this novel and Downtown Owl). While his voice is still present in both books, the stories themselves aren't particularly compelling. His characters don't draw me in, plain and simple.

The Visible Man seemed to be mainly a vehicle for Klosterman to discuss his fascination with voyeurism and understanding how people *really* are (when no one's looking). While I think that it's an interesting topic to discuss, I wasn't overly impressed with the way that it was packaged in this story. If you're looking to read Klosterman and haven't before, I'd recommend you start with the aforementioned Sex, Drugs, & Cocoa Puffs or Fargo Rock City - they are much better representations of Klosterman's unique talents.
on May 1, 2015
An insight into a twisted mind. Some aspects left the reader unsure of how events concluded. All in all, I say a very clever plot.
on June 4, 2014
one of the best books i've read in awhile. different, thought-provoking and imaginative. this book is extremely intense and keeps you turning the pages long after you should have been asleep!