Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 5,231 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,899 reviews
on September 3, 2015
I watch the show and I heard the comics were a bit different, so I decided I should read them. So far, I'm enjoying it until I just about reached the halfway point. There about 20 pages that looks like they ran out of ink when they were printing. THIS SUCKS!! I missing major parts and I think someone died during the faded pages....

Do they not have people for quality control? Sigh...
review image review image review image review image
55 comments| 296 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2016
I've purchased all volumes up to 22 and the TV show has just about caught up to wear I am in the novels. These books are friggen awesome. I don't read much and my buddy lent me VOL 1 after he knew I liked the show. Well, I burned through the first one and then just went on a tear buying 4 volumes at a time...the price is pretty good for what you get out of these. $9-$15 is the range I've paid per novel, I'm not sure why they aren't the same but anyways, I keep buying them none the less. The story was written before the TV Show and the show follows the story but there is some differences. The written story is more violent and graphic then the tv show but the tv show does a decent job of sticking with main ideas. I've noticed that certain plot things that happen in the book also happen in the show but there is a unique twist like a different character it happens to or something like that. Which makes reading these volumes great cuz I have some idea of where the story is going (after having watched all tv episodes) but there are still surprises. If you like the TV show and haven't read these, give it a try and you will get a whole new experience of the Walking Dead story. I'm putting this same review under every volume I've purchased (1-22) so people can see it. go buy these!
on August 3, 2015
Hubby loves the walking dead and was wasting money paying a premium at the local store so I decided to get him the next 2 books int he collection for cheaper here. For the price these are a great catch.

I ordered the 14 and 15. The 14 came perfect but the 15 had a small imperfection int he corner where it was bent a bit. Hubby didn't seem to mind so I didn't contact the seller. Plus the other came perfect so I assumed it was a fluke.

Hubby is happily devouring them and I expect to order more soon.
VINE VOICEon April 2, 2012
I recently found out about this book after watching the season finale of Walking Dead on AMC. Wow!! I love the book! The series is so much like the book only it is expanded and not much has changed from the storyline.

Great story and I can't wait to read the rest of the books. The only problem I had with the book is that it took me a while to read in comic book format as I havent' read a comic book since I was a kid. But once I got used to it and looked at the pics it became easier to understand and read.

The whole Walking Dead storyline is so amazing and so realistic for this day in age. Yes it does have it's gore and violence but it is appropriate for this type of book. After all it is about zombies and the survivors of the zombie invasion. It doesn't get much better than this.
on March 3, 2016
In my eyes, The Walking Dead comics are the epitome of the real deal, a classic kind-of old school comic. A comic than can still keep you guessing and the text matches up perfectly with the drawings. Its totally raw and unfiltered but is ever so intriguing.The whole story-line, itself, is what truly distinguishes it away from any other series and/or comics. I was instantly engaged; I couldn't not reserve time to watch this very realistic post-apocalyptic show on AMC that I fell completely in love with either. I began to read the comics and wow, was I truly hooked. Robert Kirkman's comics have no rules, no limitations. Its all just so raw.I love The Walking Dead: Thank you AMC!!

Amazon: The only complaint i had with the compendium was that a few pages had fallen out of the book (of course, it is a huge book) but it was a gift for my boyfriend. Needless to say, I called Amazon and they were more than reluctant to help me :) to either refund me the price or send me a new Walking Dead Compendium, I ended up doing an exchange and I have no further complaints regarding this replacement copy! Thanks to Amazon the whole ordeal was simple and effortless.

Thanks
on May 20, 2015
This issue got me right back into the comic. I have to admit, All Out War was kind of underwhelming. The story went throught the usual Walking Dead comic tropes, killing off someone who is kind of important, but someone you definitely won't miss, while allowing Rick Grimes to win and do it the Rick Grimes way. After, however, we started getting to a point of normality in the wasteland, and building a world of wasteland politics and life after the apocalypse. This is the story I've been waiting for, there's an oversaturation fo stories about the outbreak, but not enough talking about what happens after, what happens when we adapt and are trying to live amongst the dead instead of fighting them. This is where it looks like it's going, and if I'm right, I'm in. There's some really good character devlopment from the other main characters in this book. We finally get to see more of Carl and his growth as a human in this world, we revist some old friends, and we get some developments along the way. There were some sloppy moves and tactics throughout the book, but if it pays off the way I'm hoping, I won't mind. B+, definitely give it a read.
on April 6, 2016
As an avid show watcher and owner of Compendiums one and two, I figured I should catch up and read compendium three to compare the show with the comics. I know Negan is beloved by the fanbase but I didn't find his setup very believable. He's a man that oppresses his own people and controls most of the resources (including women). However it didn't seem like he had a loyal inner group the way that Rick does, and is something he would need to protect his way of life. Withholding women from their original husbands/boyfriends would almost certainly cause a coup very quickly and Negan would be outnumbered by his own men. I do think some of the awe and respect for Negan is the brutal way in which he handled Glenn and is represented very well in the artwork. Despite all that, I found the Hilltop and the Kingdom to add to the WD universe and were interesting places to see. It's not often that Rick and the gang find friendly settlements (pretty much never happens). If everything is misery that gets tiring, so I'm glad to see these places in a positive light, at least for the time being.
on November 19, 2014
I have been a big fan of TWD since almost the beginning. I started reading it in college and am still picking up the new graphic novels just about as soon as they comes out. Kirkman keeps it interesting, at least for me. And he’s done just that again, spectacularly, with this new installment. He manages to tease you a bit, show you how well everyone is doing then gives you a taste of the new threat (or threats) lurking in the dark waiting for Rick and his band of communities to face them. This graphic novel probably did more for me than any other, not so much for content or new characters but for the possible gravity of the new assault they will soon find themselves under and what it will mean for characters and WD story universe. I’m sitting here the day after and I keep thinking about it, wondering how things will go for all our varied walking dead characters. Really well done, reinvigorating the story line for a whole bunch more zombiepocolypse story to come! Buy now!
on November 30, 2015
This latest compendium brings the comic up to where the TV show is. The horrible Negan, unexpected deaths, Alexandria, it's all here. While since about issue 75, I feel the comic has been up and down with some silly ideas (I still don't care for the zombies eating animals, the tame tiger was silly), it's still entertaining enough to keep me reading.
on December 16, 2015
I have been a fan of The Walking Dead for years now. I started watching when there were only three seasons on Netflix. So I pretty much binge watched three seasons straight, and then joined the rest of the world with watching every Sunday. Anyway, I didn't know the show was derived from comics until seeing an episode of Talking Dead. I discovered the Compendiums and I decided to buy it. I have been thoroughly entertained with these comics. I love reading them and seeing how they are the same and different from the show. I am almost finished with Compendium one, and hoping to get Compendium two for Christmas. This is a great read, just as good, if not better than the show. I am a fan of the show, and now the comics for LIFE!!!