Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 22, 2015
I get excited every year they put another one of the Omnibuses out. The artwork is phenomenal, and the inclusion of additional covers, sketches, and other drawings at the end is a welcomed finish. It is a big heavy book, so definitely designed as a collector's item. Highly recommended.

Update: anyone know if #7 is coming out? These have been perfectly timed in the past to come out around the holidays and this year, nothin.

Update: I contacted a distributor and they said while they don't have an official release date for Omnibus 7, they estimated sometime in July/August 2017
on September 3, 2015
I watch the show and I heard the comics were a bit different, so I decided I should read them. So far, I'm enjoying it until I just about reached the halfway point. There about 20 pages that looks like they ran out of ink when they were printing. THIS SUCKS!! I missing major parts and I think someone died during the faded pages....

Do they not have people for quality control? Sigh...
review image review image review image review image
66 comments| 338 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 23, 2015
Purchased for my son for Christmas and was pretty impressed with the size of this book. It reminds me of old phone books - big, thick, heavy. The graphics are great. I scanned through the book before wrapping it to make sure there were non issues with missing pages or smudged art like other reviewers mentioned, but everything was perfect.
on November 26, 2016
I'm a big fan of the tv series. I'm sure I'll get a couple of eye rolls from the hardcore fans that started reading well before the show came out, but that's okay.

I think the Illustrations are wonderful, though I have some trouble distinguishing between characters every once in a while (probably my problem).

As for the dialogue it's also fantastic, but every once in a while it kind of jumps a bit quick making you reread or getting you lost for a minute until you go back and figure out what happened or missed.

I'll be ordering the next two Compendiums with a smile on my face.
on July 27, 2016
The package was in perfect condition when received. If you like the Walking Dead series you will love adding this compedium to your collect. I have purchased all 3 compediums. The pages are nice sized, easy to read with a lot of details in the pictures. It does have somw strong language in it just so you know in case your buying it as a gift. I'm hopefully they'll come out with the 4th compedium soon.
on August 3, 2012
While looking through the other reviews I see some comments saying "Definitely not the brightest style of writing" or "Very repetitive use of certain phrases" and Im first going to start out by saying that these comments are not completely wrong in what they say. As I read through the book I noticed how certain lines such as "conserve your ammo" or "don't shoot if there is just one" which can get annoying to a point but then I look back and tell myself "Wouldn't those be points of survival I want to stress the most?" which is basically my way of saying "I know its repetitive but I'll let this one slide..." as for the more picky readers, this book probably isn't for you, Im not going to say its basically Dr. Seuss with zombies but Im also not going to lie and say that Edger Allen Poe would be coming back to life and grabbing this book.
Its a fun little read and I enjoyed it, the only downside I see to the book (while overlooking the overplayed comments of "repetitive phrases" it that fact of the large amount of foul language. Personally I'm not saint when it comes to how I speak and a zombie apocalypse would defiantly amplify that but this book may just have more foul language in it the a group of teenagers playing a war-game over Xbox or Playstation.
Now thats Ive looked at the bad, I can state the good. It is just a personal opinion (just like most reviews are) but I find the artwork in the book to look nice and in some cases, decently creepy (creepy...not jump out of your seat screaming type of scary though). Plus the fact that the book it A LOT quicker pace then the AMC Series which isn't terrible but is EXTREMELY stretched out with basically everything compared to the book and if you don't believe me, then just look at the fact that it took AMC hours and hours of film (the whole season 2) to get to the prison while this whole book basically reaches to the point where they find the prison (and the book ends there)

I defiantly will be placing a order in for Book 2 when I find the time. If you enjoys zombies and a decent story, at least give this comic a try. If you not comfortable with buying it before you try it, there are always websites where you can find little previews of the book/comic.
The world is changing. This feels like a very pivotal and historical time in the Walking Dead series. Towns are forming and a new civilization is slowly developing. It's weird to see it all unfold; it's almost like reading historic documents. Also, Negan is one of the best villains I've ever seen.
on June 28, 2017
I love the Walking Dead series, even more than the show. The illustrations and plot are awesome. I hope the show follows the storyline closely i the third compendium, as it is exhilarating at every turn!
on April 21, 2014
If you're a fan of the TV show and want to get more of the fascinating characters and story then you won't be dissapointed in the least. Having been a fan of the series from the beginning I have often considered reading the comics as a way to see more of the story. If you're worried you will be bored since you have watched all the episodes - don't be. It's different enough that I never know exactly what is going to happen next yet similar enough that I feel I "know" many of the characters already which makes it all the more compelling. It's almost like a look at an alternate walking dead universe where it's mostly the same people we know but the relationships between them, the ways the meet up, and the triumphs and tragedies they experience are often altogether different from the world you've seen. Once the story really got rolling along I found I was having a very similar experience to reading a good novel - getting lost in the story and wanting to hurry up and turn another page to see what was going to happen next. I've almost finished Compendium One now and already ordered the second book so won't have a gap in reading. The artwork is great and altough it's completely in black and white I found it didn't take anything away from it and perhaps even sets a better tone. The book itself is quite heavy and well constructed. The cover is a thick paperpack style and the pages a have a glossy feel like a really high quality magazine. Any fan of the show will love this read, go ahead and get it!
on July 25, 2017
This is the BEST series EVER! Addicted and hooked on this series. We LOVE the show and had to read the books. Can't put them down. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Can't go in to detail, just trust me..BUY!!!