Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 4,938 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,573 reviews
on September 3, 2015
I watch the show and I heard the comics were a bit different, so I decided I should read them. So far, I'm enjoying it until I just about reached the halfway point. There about 20 pages that looks like they ran out of ink when they were printing. THIS SUCKS!! I missing major parts and I think someone died during the faded pages....

Do they not have people for quality control? Sigh...
review image review image review image review image
66 comments| 257 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2016
STORY (SPOILER-FREE)
Wow. The story arc contained in this book, #13, was unexpectedly as much of a page turner as book #12. I prefer reading these hardbacks because it's similar to binge watching. See you in 2017 Walking Dead comics!

ACTUAL HARDCOVER BOOK
This actual hardcover book matches the quality of the previous 12. A great addition to the shelf now.
on October 13, 2015
This entire compendium is a steal. It's highway robbery and we are ALL committing the crime but it's fine, because this is what they wanted. This compendium alone save you more than $60 worst( probably more) and it only cost $36.00?(at least at the time I bought it) That alone is enough of a reason to buy. So much content for so little money, as is the case with the rest of the compendiums.

I'm going to try stray away from as much spoilers as possible but excuse me now if i happen to spoil anything.
This series continues to be fantastic. Characters gets more developed, stories get more wilder, and villains get maniacal. This new guy Negan, believe me when I say this (do not underestimate me) you are going to HATE this guy with every atom in your body. Every cell will yearn with anger. If you hated the Governor for any reason what so ever and couldn't him in the slightest bit, maybe you might not want to read this compendium after all. Negan is vile, evil, horrible, any synonym that derives from bad, he is that and so much more. There are times I wanted to rip out pages just because I didn't want his drawings there. When they put his character on the show, they are going to tone him down levels that weren't even known to be possible. Seriously, half his dialogue is F-bombs, the show probably begin to stray far away at this point in the comics more than it has even done. Makes me wish the show was on HBO instead of AMC.
There are going to character deaths that are going to upset you, I'm warning you right now (I don't consider this a spoiler, considering this is TWD and nobody is safe, so you already knew this was coming) I say this now, don't get attached to anyone, because nobody is safe after this. You might even hate Kirkman for what he has done. He is going to test your emotional limits and I tell you this now, you might not be able to handle it.
New characters get introduced, as is with TWD, some lovable, some dreadful. My favorite is still Paul Jesus Monroe and yes, I know, he got introduced into the end of the second compendium, but he develops into a much better character at the end of all this.

In all honesty, I could sit here and write everything I feel about the TWD and this compendium and what the story has become so far, I could write 20 essays but I think there is limit to how much you can right on an amazon review, or maybe there isn't, who knows. I'm just trying to stray from spoilers as much as I can to let you enjoy it as much as possible.
Regardless, if you love the world of TWD,and have made it this far, you are probably going to make it to the of this end as well. It's going to be another journey just like the first two. There will be ups and downs and moments of serious agonizing torment but you will get through this and you will throughly enjoy this. You have my word

And if not, you can just beat me over the head with Lucille.
77 comments| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2016
Great gift! I purchased this book for my nephew for his birthday. He's a huge fan of The Walking Dead and loves this book. He's had it for about a week and is almost done with it already. When ever he brings it over to my house, I sneak it away to read a few chapters.

I am impressed with how big the compendium is. I was expecting a much smaller book.

The graphics and illustrations are very well done. I haven't watched a lot of Walking Dead, so there were many surprises and twist within the compendium for me. I'm not a huge comic book reader, yet this one kept my interest well for the chapters I've read.
on November 7, 2016
Like a fine, fine, wine TWD just keeps getting better and better with age! Another amazing volume in beautiful hardcover with all the extras and covers included as well!
on November 5, 2016
In simple words.... It keeps getting better and the twist is amazingly shocking and intriguing due to the repercussions of it.
on March 13, 2016
I love the series. I ordered this a week ago and received it just today. When I opened it though the book was bent. I was wondering if I can get a new one?!
review image
on April 27, 2016
This book is super heavy! lol i don't even think my harry potter book was this heavy. Seriously, this book weighs like a brick and feels solid in the sense it is indestructible like a nokia phone lol i guess this book weighs heavy because of all the tragedy it holds within!

The book arrived to me with a torn and bent cover, but that's not so much my concern, as long as there are no ruined or missing pages. Shipping came on time i suppose. there was a little tracking issue where they said the item was delivered but really wasn't. Anyway! I love TWD show so I've always wanted to read the comic, especially with the intro of neegan this season, i just HAD to know what happens next. So I've been reading the comic from a crappy website but now i have access to issues 94-144 and i couldn't be any less happier. But with the size of this godly book, it feels like there's a whole lot more than just those issues.

The story is great! since issue 1, it only got better. having a collection of chapters is like reading 1 long book which is great. ill probably wait for the next compendium instead of buying single issues. The price for this was great. I remember wanting the 1st 2 compendiums and i believe they were $50.

There's not much to review upon without spoiling the story so I'm just gonna end my review here with a JUST BUY IT and READ it! Because, this IS worth the buy. I'm already half way through the book like 10minutes in. I can't stop reading, i want to know more and already I'm hating kirkman for the freakin deaths of people i loved seeing in the story. But, that's what keeps the story rolling.

Story aside, great art! I really loved the gorey detail and negan's group--really frightening!
on March 3, 2017
Absolutely does not ruin the show at all. If anything, it enhances the show. I own all three (3) books, and they are all BEAUTIFUL. beautiful to read, beautiful to look at and beautiful to display. Can't put them down! This may actually be a couple notches better than the TV series... And I am a huge fan of the show.... HUGE. You would not be disappointed if you bought this. (set)
on November 7, 2015
I'm a huge fan of TWD, originally got hooked through AMC's adaptation of the graphic novel and always wanted to go to the source material. What I love about this product vs either the compendium, volumes, or individual comics is that the books are hardcover, and slightly larger than the other versions. The compendium seemed a little to bulky and lengthy. Each book has a different color (Book 1 is red, Book 2 is blue, and so forth) which makes a collected set really stand out!

From what I've read so far, the dialog by Kirkman is a little basic but I am drawn more to Moore and Adlard's artwork. Landscapes, walkers, and character's facial expressions are all expertly penciled. The detail in all of the frames is amazing and I find myself staring at the full page drawings. Another nice point is the sketchbook at the end of the book which has full page color sketches that are stunning!

I cannot wait to have the full collection!!!