Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 137 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 151 reviews
on January 4, 2014
So, you played through Season 1 of The Walking Dead. I'm guessing since you're looking at this DLC, you liked it. If you have a heart, you probably liked it a lot, and want more. So does this do the trick? Lets take a look:

Setting
This DLC focuses around a truck stop and different people/groups who passed through there, some for a short time, some for a longer time, in the first 400 days of the zombie outbreak. It doesn't focus on the same people as season 1 and doesn't do anything to fill in a gap between the first 2 seasons. This is really a stand-alone vignette.

Gameplay
Have you played The Walking Dead? Have you played The Wolf Among Us? You get the idea. Telltale has this genre down to a science. You make timed decisions on dialogue, you occasionally have basically quick-time events or, "move target to right spot and click, usually for some brutal zombie kill," the game tells you that characters took notice of how you're responding in positive/negative ways, and the story plays out. It's not very gameplay-intensive but is an amazing way to tell a story.

Length
As I mentioned, this DLC focuses on different groups of people. You start at a "hub" where you can play any of the people/groups in any order. I don't think the order will change anything, but if you play the stories in timeline order, it'll be a little bit easier to notice little things which go between the different stories.

The whole DLC is maybe 2-3 hours in total. Each story is maybe 15-30 mins, tops. So this game can either be powered through in one session or, if you'd like, you can easily play the game in short bursts over time without a long commitment in any one session.

Conclusion
Some might argue the length is short. I'm more of the thought that a game's quality is much more important than the length. This DLC is exactly as long as it needs to be, to tell a great story in this world. As for the platform to play it on, try to stick to what you played season 1 on, as Telltale has said that decisions you made in season 1 and 400 Days will be taken into account in season 2. I played it on PC and loved it. Highly recommend.
on December 6, 2013
I'm not completely unfamiliar with this particular genre of video games, having played my fair share of quirky Japanese dating sims and other story-based, choice-making adventures. The Walking Dead is one of my least favourite games in the genre, but this isn't because the game is poorly-designed. If you're a fan of emotional drama and fixed endings, The Walking Dead is for you. You'll find that your decisions lead to different paths, sure, but they ultimately converge in the end. It's great that it means there isn't anything like making a 'wrong' choice here, since you'll end up in the same place in the end.
I despised the level of emotional drama in this game. I've always felt The Walking Dead, as a television series, fixated more on the relationships of survivors rather than the sci-fi aspect of zombies, and the game is true to this as well. There's a lot of bickering and tough choices to make, but it seemed like tension was around every corner in the game - good for bewitched game players, not so believable for the average skeptic. The conflicts felt forced and orchestrated, and often I felt that the tension didn't even have to exist in the first place. I do believe the developers wanted players to make tough decisions, but this wasn't the case for me in my playthrough, as I felt that the whole situation had degenerated into needless, faked emotional drama rather than a story about the difficulties of surviving in an undead, chaotic world.
The strengths of the game lie in the dialogue, which lend better dimension to the characters. None of the NPCs came across as stock characters to me, and this was refreshing. Many will find themselves rooting for Clementine as a strong, growing survivor. The mechanics of the game are simple too, and don't require much improvement.
Overall, The Walking Dead just isn't for me, but will probably be a favourite of those who delight in melodrama.
on November 28, 2013
Definitely worth playing if you enjoyed the full game. Some people are complaining that it's too short, but I think that's not fair. This DLC is base $5 (though you can and should get it for much cheaper, about $1.25 here on Amazon) and it took me just about 2 hours to complete, not that much shorter than most of the chapters. The base cost of The Walking Dead was $25 when it came out (obviously much cheaper now), which comes out to $5/chapter. So here you're basically paying for an additional chapter. It's well worth it in my opinion as a couple of the stories in this game are great. One of the reasons it's shorter than a normal chapter is that you don't have a lot of the open-ended areas that take a while to walk around and click through everything. It's much more full steam ahead all the time.
Another complaint is that it has nothing to do with the main story-line, which is mostly true. But I'm pretty sure this ties into the second season somehow, so there's that.
on February 3, 2014
I normally don't play anything that's not a full on game (expansion packs, DLC, etc.) but being that this is The Walking Dead, I wasn't going to pass this up. It was the same franchise that many have come to know and love, but of course it's very short, and because of that, you don't have much opportunity to explore many different outcomes, or get to know the characters. This is to be expected, since it's only an hour or two of play time, and that's going pretty slowly through it. If you've played Season 1, and you can get this on sale, I'd recommend it, but for me (being a total cheapskate) I wouldn't have paid 5 bux, though I was glad to get it for what I believe was $1.25 on sale.
on April 12, 2014
This episode is meant to fill in the gaps between seasons 1 and 2 of The Walking dead. It wasn't extremely long and didn't quite have the emotional impact that the first season did, but it did its job of tiding me over until the next set of episodes rolled out. If you plan on playing the second season, I do recommend playing this first as it does relate to the events in the second season.
on April 26, 2016
not bad at all if you're a fan of the comics and tv show youll likely enjoy this
on February 12, 2014
400 days overall is ok compared to the first season of this series. My major problem with this bridge from season one to the next is that the focus on multiple stories made me feel disconnected from each story. As soon as I start feeling some sort of attachment to a story it ends. Without a central focus on one story I couldn't get the same enjoyment as I had when playing an episode from the first season. 400 days while ok doesn't live up to what it followed.
on August 15, 2013
While I am THRILLED that another chapter of TWD was released, I was much less impressed with how short each story was. There were 5 chapters (I miraculously managed to play them all in chronological order) and each was only about 15 minutes...20 minutes at most. it was interesting how all of the characters' stories intertwined in the 400 day span that this chapter takes place, but makes you wonder what happens to some of them, when they are at one place in the beginning, and a while later, they are no where to be seen. I guess more questions could have been answered if this chapter wasn't over in barely over an hour.
on November 12, 2013
The Walking Dead: 400 days, is split into 5 or 6 mini-sodes of gameplay, around 2 hours. Some of them are extremely short, and it might be a little difficult to feel something for the characters when you only play 15-30 minutes of each of the characters. The situations are still intense as the original game and gives the same feeling, although I think these are more comedic than dramatic compared to the original game. I got this for $1.25 on an Amazon sale, and its definitely worth it for that price. It is still worth it for $5.00 but anything above that is a stretch.
on December 24, 2013
...didn't live up to expectations I've got after playing the great Season 1. And it was little to short, it was supposed to be like 1 episode, but it took me like 40 minutes.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.