Bubble Witch Saga 3 Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Cyber Monday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Echo Show Cyber Monday Deals: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 20, 2017
I was sad to see Lilly’s friends sacrificed, but, want more of her leadership chronicled! I cried at the final death of Penny Blake, but, was overjoyed at her release from her prison of undead-ness, with Bobs song of love and grace in her ears, a much better way to go than by the sword of a samurai.
on October 22, 2015
I suppose I am very biased since I love all things Walking Dead, but all the books in this series have been superb. I thoroughly enjoy getting to learn some back-story for some of the characters I know from the TV show, but I also greatly appreciate reading alternate story lines from what has happened on the show. My only criticism is regarding the writing style. There are numerous moments in each of the books that will reference some upcoming danger in the distance that the main characters don't notice because of some other task they are all preoccupied with at the time. This type of set up occurs way too often. There's no problem at all with describing some dangerous circumstance or event that is about to occur without making reference to the fact that no one sees it coming yet. That type of scenario is a little over-used and unnecessary, and eventually it begins to make those characters seem a little slow or at the very least way too unobservant about their surroundings considering the conditions of the world there are living in.
on May 18, 2014
I am an obsessive Walking Dead fan. I love the comic books and I love the TV show. This was my 3rd hardback and while it's okay....I wasn't bowled over by it. It's just okay. I think I was only lukewarm because of Lilly. I'm just not getting hooked on her. Her character just doesn't pull me in. Maybe because I identify the Walking Dead by the TV characters? Dunno. For anyone who has never read the comic books or seen the TV show this series would be an awesome read but for me it was just okay.
on May 4, 2014
I enjoyed the entire series, but this was by far the best of the four. It was quite a ride as the main character, Lilly, went from wallflower in book two, to decisive leader in book four. This series is a must read for Walking Dead fans as it told from the perspective of the residents of Woodbury and gives the "other side" to the story. Kirkman and Bonansinga make a great writing team and I hope they continue with more novels like this one, as well as the graphic novels. I for one will be lining up to buy them if they do!
on January 25, 2015
Woodbury is in shock from the mutilation of their leader, but The Governor recovers, only to seek revenge against Michonne and those at the prison. But Phillip Blake soon discovers that he's not the badass he thinks he is (I love it when bullies get their just rewards), and there just might be a new sheriff in town. There were a few scenes that I thought were completely unrealistic. For instance, one of the characters is killed by Phillip. He takes heavy gunfire after the killing, which makes no sense. Why would the snipers at the prison just let Philip have his way, and then try to take him out? Some more prison characters are introduced, but like the previous book, the storylines are completely different from the television series. I don't know about how it compares to the comic books as I have not read them. It's still a fun read, but a lot of the phrases and descriptions are a bit trite.
on May 3, 2016
Almost everything was great up until the last part where it mentions diesel fuel exploding. Diesel fuel doesn't explode like gasoline, it was great for the story but lacks actual real context there, just passing a note for more research into certain details like that. Altogether though, it was put together very nicely to wrap the Governor's story up. Now Jay needs to get busy writing up for Began, that's a book I would really like to 'sink my teeth into'.=-)
on August 7, 2017
Interesting view from inside the Woodbury folks; it humanized them a little, but it stops just a little short of making them sympathetic.
on September 29, 2014
I loved the rise of the governor and the road to woodbury but the fall of the governor part 1 and 2 were too much of a rehash of what is in the comics, the rest is just kinda mehhh not too great, although it is awesome to know the other parts of what was going on other than what was in the comics, and whats going on with lilly and how things go a little after the governor dies, its still just not that great, I found myself skimming over a good bit because it was just re telling what happened in the comics. the rise of the governor was the best in this book series so far. road to woodbury second best.
on June 16, 2014
I really enjoyed all of the Governor series books..my only gripe with this one was the last 100 or so pages just dragged on so much I had to start skipping pages just to get thru it...the book itself was good, just the end was slow
on May 6, 2014
It's a good book, mostly typical of Kirkman/Bonansinga style as in the previous reads, but I don't like Lilly's character and would have preferred a better ending that suits my dislike for her. I won't post any spoilers as to why I don't like the ending, but I also disliked her character from "Road to Woodbury", yet I still enjoyed that novel and the 1st "Fall of the Gov" novel. I would re-sell this book on amazon, but I hate to break up a set. Kinda like I wouldn't re-sell Star Wars episode 1, even though it sucked, since it is part of a series. But that's my opinion.