Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 141-150 of 649 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 852 reviews
on January 6, 2013
The storyline bordered on the anemic, and the character development was sorely lacking. I would not recommend this title to ardent fans of the francise who are looking for a good backstory. Seek elsewhere; this book will eat your brain faster than a walker/biter.
on August 6, 2014
This is a novel, not the comic. I love the story line of the TV show and enjoyed seeing how the book was different. Of course, you need to buy both books to get the full story. Clearly written, kept me captivated.
on January 22, 2013
This is a nice lead but a little too predictable from beginning to end. Also while it does give the beginnings of the rise of the governor , there is little time spent on the character that is the governor. The writing reminds me of something I read as a teenager and that no longer challenges me in my adult readings.
on March 21, 2015
After reading the comic books I expected more from the Governor but was sadly mistaken.

It was very slow. If they write a book on Negan though I may bite. :)
on February 6, 2012
Personally, a very disappointing read. With the Governor being a fan favorite, I was waiting on pins and needles for this to arrive. They dragged out the first three quarters of this book with so much rambling and overly drawn out scenes, that they completely butchered and rushed the tail end - where the action finally began to pick up. I hope it wasn't intentional in order to capitalize a Governor sequel, i.e.: "The reign of the Govenor" followed by "The death of the Govenor", because that would almost spell a simlar fate awaiting the rest of the cast(Michonne, etc.).

As a fan, you almost have to read it after coming this far - and yes, it has its share of WTF moments. It just seems very poorly edited and could of used some honest non-fanboy feedback prior to publishing.
on July 30, 2015
A gritty and gruesome beginning to an evil man. Good read. I enjoyed learning about The Governor's background and did not expect the ending!
on October 14, 2014
This was a pretty good book. It's not a classic by any means, but if you are a fan of the walking dead getting the back story of the governor, one of the best characters in the series, is very nice.
on April 5, 2014
I enjoyed this read. It got a tiny bit tedious at times, but in the end it was worth it. My only regret is that I didn't read it before I met the Governor on the TV Series. I will give away nothing! I'm on to The Road to Woodbury.
on November 25, 2012
I really enjoyed this little Gem, it tied me over between seasons and stopped me from joining the ranks of undead. It gives us background into the making of a monster. If you love the G/novels and the series why would you wana buy it. If your reading this you are not Un-dead and obviously like books..... So Buy it. :-D
on January 9, 2014
This book makes you a ponder life after disastrous circumstances occur. The battle of the living and the dead. Descriptive and makes you wonder how would you do if this happened? Kudos to do we Robert and Jay. A must read for any walking dead fan.