Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 280 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 333 reviews
on March 26, 2013
Like many other people that purchased this game, I was highly disappointed.
I will get the ratings over with first, then I will go further in depth with my thoughts on this game

Graphics: 1 out of 5
Story: 1 out of 5
Gameplay: 3 out of 5

The game is short. I have been recovering from surgery and can't move around too much, so taking my time with this game was the perfect opportunity to see what it was all about. Unfortunately, what I thought would keep me busy for at least a week or so only lasted for about a day and a half. I was left with the feeling, "That was it?!" The $50 price tag on this game is ridiculous for the short amount of gameplay. Although, I have to say the game developers were probably wanting to make this a game with "replay value." I only say that because as you go through the maps in the game, you can choose which roads you wish to take (which will bring you to different locations obviously). So, if you didn't visit the mall or the hospital in your first playthrough, you can start the game over and visit all the locations you had not visited previously. Some maps were more fun than others, but you will get that in most any game you play.

The main reason I purchased this game is because I love stories. I was psyched to learn more about Daryl and Merle's back story, about the crazy, unadulterated mischief they get into before running into Dale's group. But I was sorely let down.
(SPOILER ALERT*
Knowing exactly what happened to Daryl's father is kind of cool, but not cool enough to justify a $50 price tag on this game.
And knowing what happens to Daryl's father is about the deepest this "story" delves when it comes tothis game.
As another rater commented, at the beginning of this game, there seemed to be a hint of a story unraveling, but it quickly fell apart and the game just turned into repetitive zombie-killing, doing menial and highly boring tasks for survivors you find along the way and lots of driving. I would like to mention that no, you do not actually get to drive a car in the game (I would have given this game a higher rating if you were able to drive a car - imagine all the zombie-smashing possibilities!) - driving a car in this game just consists of watching your vehicle move across the map on the loading screen (which happens far too often).
*HUGE SPOILER ALERT*
The only other thing that excited me about this game is the fact that Daryl runs into Amy and Andrea's parents. But that excitement lasted for about a fifth of a second. I thought that maybe the story might get rolling at this point, but I was sadly mistaken. They only wanted me to go on a supply run for them.
And speaking of stories, this area of the story (running into Andrea's parents) doesn't fully line up with the show. You would think that after Andrea's father actually mentioned the names of his daughters to Daryl, that Daryl would have at some point mentioned to Andrea that he had run in to her parents in suburbia somewhere on his way to Dale's group. But I'm not pitting this against the game, because I know I'm being overly picky about that story loophole (like I said, I love stories, GOOD stories).

The graphics on this game are poor compared to other games being released. It is blocky, the animation is jerky at times, some textures are used too often, huge parts of some environments are left empty (and boring) and the zombies' hit boxes seem to disappear when there are a large amount of them grouped together. Truth be told though, I didn't expect much when it came to graphics when I heard it was an Activision game (as they're not well-known for being high quality players in the graphics department). So, all I can say about the graphics is, I kind of expected it.

Overall, the only thing I truly enjoy about this game and had fun with is the crossbow. Plus, I like the fact that Norman Reedus (Daryl) and Michael Rooker (Merle) actually did the voices for their characters in the game.

If you want a decent walking dead game, check out The Walking Dead by Telltale Games.
33 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2014
I personally love The Walking Dead comics and television show and the Telltale Games game. I had fairly low expectations for this game because the reviews were not good. The story of the game is fine. The big problem that I have with the game is the respawning. You can clear out the enemies on the maps, but then they keep coming back. The difficulty is high, so this is a major detractor. You also cannot save yourself, instead the game makes you replay the level if you start afresh, and otherwise you start back at checkpoints. I only finished a few of the levels before I became very bored with the game. The achievements are a nice aspect of the game, but not enough to make me come back.
on February 23, 2015
When you try to stab the zombies head you have to aim the camera PERFECTLY to actually stab it, and that has caused me to lose many times. Another thing is when you walk around you shouldn't have to aim the camera at the zombies behind you, when you can't see or hear them, so they kind of sneak up on you and attack you. The graphics in this game aren't the greatest, or the worst, but they don't take away from the story line. I think that they should give you more of a tutorial of how to kill the zombies, so you can learn all of the controls. They should've given you less controls to remember because I can never remember how to do this or that when I'm fighting a zombie. All in all this game isn't the greatest if you want a real feel Walking Dead experience.
on April 19, 2013
I love all things The Walking Dead, so that was the main selling point for me. Plus the presale price dropped significantly, so that was a bonus. In retrospect, though, I'd probably have waited until it hit the bargain bin.

See, I'm not a huge fan of Daryl (I mean, he's cool, but he's not even in the comic!) so I do not fall in the range of people who MUST have this game.

From a strictly gamer standpoint, the graphics are not crisp, gameplay is a little jerky and awkward, and overall it's just kinda meh (sorry for the technical jargon).

Of course, it's not without its merits. Like I said before, I love all things The Walking Dead so...um...yeah. Killing zombies over and over can never be too bad, right? I guess you could say there is a bit of realism as the walkers can 'smell' you so you can't just rush in like a Tyreese-in-the-gym and take them all on.

If you can find this game for $20 and you're a TWD fan, I say pick it up. Why not? Otherwise, spend more if you just can't wait to hear Norman Reedus' voice.
on April 8, 2013
I was pumped about getting this game as a big fan of both the show and zombie first-person shooters, but was really disappointed. I dont want to repeat what everyone else has said about the sub-par graphics and such, I have a different bone to pick.

After beating the game, I decided to do a second run-through to try out the other levels, collect more relics and save as many people as possible. Everything was going smoothly until the final board (Firesign Stadium). There's a point where a cut-scene happens and this helicopter crashes, and this is meant to set up the final part of the game...except on my second run-through, the game freezes every single time I hit this point and I have to restart the system, which then puts me back at the beginning of the board and it just keeps freezing every time I restart and then hit that point again.

Don't waste your time buying this game unless you get it on the cheap. A weekend rental would be plenty of time to beat it.
on April 15, 2014
First Things First---
You must put this in to your ps3 and tell yourself this is a ps2 or ps1 game and do not expect any graphical splendor!
If you live for graphics and criticize anything with bad textures to no end this is not for you!.
don't expect rag doll physics or a detailed limb/head damage factor.
This is zombie killing fun, search the 3 buildings and or or areas for required special item/items and get out.There are a few fetch quests,but that is the sum of the game.It is simple, and you can do each part in 15 minute sittings if you want.
Weapons are fun making the battle for survival a treat.the gunplay and motion mechanics are fine, and sneaking around is great.the game is long enough to warrant the $20 or less purchase.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2015
This game was alright. My son played it many times, who is 14. However, the graphics are not as good as most PS 3 Games. It did have a good plot/ story though. Walking Dead Lovers would probably enjoy it as much as my son did.
on April 19, 2013
If you're a hardcore fan of the show, you might get a couple hours of satisfaction running around stabbing walkers in the face as Daryl Dixon, but anyone who has any idea what to expect out of a modern game will be disappointed. Graphics are just plain bad, and the gameplay is horribly repetitive. There were a couple good ideas here, but none of them were executed well at all. Decent sound design and voice-acting by the actors from the show are pretty much the only strong points of this game.
on April 6, 2013
I purchased the game during a sale knowing from the trailer and lack of initial reviews that it would not be worth the usual $59.99 price tag.

Some pros: You'll probably enjoy the back story provided if you're a die hard TWD fan. For example, I own the actual paperback novel, the graphic novels and watch the television show. It was cool to get some incite into some main characters. The voice acting is also spot on.

Cons: Pretty much everything else.

Graphics 2/10
Story 4/10
Sound 7/10
Replay Value 0/10
Overall 2/10

Wait for it to drop during another sale and trade it in if you cant. There's no replay value.
on May 3, 2014
It's a good game, the graphics aren't the best, but good enough. Kind of a short game though. If you are a fan of the show, Meryl has only like 3 very short parts in the game. Even though his character in the show is a terrible person, I mean they are brothers, and this is supposed to be the time before they meet up with the group in the first season of the show, it just makes you wonder why Meryl is no where to be seen for the majority of the game. If you are a fan of the show or just a hard core zombie game lover I'd buy it, but if you are neither of those, their are plenty of better zombie games than this and that are longer than this too.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.