Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 1, 2017
For those that don't know, The Walking Dead is a book about a zombie apocalypse. It follows the story of a small town cop, Rick Grimes, after he wakes up from a coma to find the world changed. In this volume he has to adapt to the world as it is now and seeks to find his wife and son.

The thing that I like about this book (and the TV show) is that it isn't all about the zombies. Sure, they are ever present, but the focus is really on the survivors. This is such a character driven book and is bolstered by focusing on mundane things at times. The characters feel like real people, even if they can be a bit extreme at times, because their reactions seem natural.

I like the art a lot. It's very distinct and can make certain scenes very unsettling. The art certainly helps set the tone of the book between some of the creepier moments and the landscape images. The lack of color is an interesting choice and it doesn't hinder the book in any way. One thing that stands out to me is that all of the characters have a distinct look. This doesn't always happen, especially for minor characters. This isn't just another zombie story.
on March 22, 2017
Normally I wasn't a fan of the comic book series until I saw the television show back in 2011. Since it was so addicting I couldn't stop watching it. Eventually I found myself curious about the comic book that started it all. Maybe its not too late to be a fan of the comics.
on March 26, 2017
Awesome ☺☺😊😊 the storyline is great, love the characters. We need Daryl tho. Also rick looks different from the other comics.😕
on March 3, 2017
I became a fan of this comic because of the show I admit it. I am actually not a huge fan of the deviation from the comic book story found in the show although I realize they need to keep the show interesting for comic book fans that already know the story. I'm glad to see that this episode keeps very close to the original story.
on January 2, 2014
I love the television series, The Walking Dead on AMC. I also watch the show after it called The Talking Dead. I often wondered, after hearing discussions on The Talking Dead, how the television series is different from the graphic novel, what those differences are, but now after reading the first installment, I don't care ... lol ...The graphics are awesome, and now I get to see how the story was originally meant to be. Great job Robert Kirkman.
on September 15, 2016
Perfect for any TWD fan that likes to collect or wants to know more about the progress of the covers of the comics. The quality of the pages are really nice, no complaints on my part.
on July 13, 2017
I should say that, despite the fact I never read any of the comics or even watched an entire episode of the TV show, this was a good introduction to the world of The Walking Dead. Definitely interested in more of it.
on April 3, 2017
So close to the TV show at first then it strays pretty far but this is by far better than the show. And yes I know this came first.
on June 4, 2017
I loved it. Went together nicely. I was impressed. To bad Shane died so quickly. I would have liked to see more of him.
on July 19, 2017
This is how it started and a great way to get more out of the series! The format is well done for electronic viewing.