BCA Month Salon Beauty Ali: A Life Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Enthusiast: Campingon January 20, 2016
I'm a huge fan of the TV series, just now starting to read the comics. Got #1 for free and loved it, so my fiance went and bought me the 1st compendium that has 1-48 and I read a bit every night. I can't believe it took me so long to get around to reading this comic series, but now I see why it is so popular. Definitely worth giving a try even if you aren't a comic book or zombie fan. Great character development and most importantly great story lines.
on March 22, 2017
Normally I wasn't a fan of the comic book series until I saw the television show back in 2011. Since it was so addicting I couldn't stop watching it. Eventually I found myself curious about the comic book that started it all. Maybe its not too late to be a fan of the comics.
on March 26, 2017
Awesome ☺☺😊😊 the storyline is great, love the characters. We need Daryl tho. Also rick looks different from the other comics.😕
on May 9, 2013
The grain of salt to take with this review is that I'm familiar with only one other graphic novel. I've watched and enjoyed some of the movie adaptations, so I decided to go back and read Watchmen. I loved that novel besides the ending, so I decided my next experiment would be reading The Walking Dead.

Honestly, the writing is kind of bad. It feels like the author would only write about Rick Grimes if he could because every other character is very stock at best or just a prop for Rick at worst. I would expect that a novel that wants to take a "Lord of the Flies" spin on zombie lit would spend more time exploring realistic grief over the loss of loved ones and society itself, but most of the characters seem to shrug it off like in any B zombie movie. Almost any personality or animation from the characters is between that character and Rick.

I don't think the graphic art is bad, but it doesn't have very much shading which leaves it looking pretty flat. I would say it reminds me a lot of a movie storyboard to be used as a rough guide for filmmakers or for zombie concepts for makeup artists.

I'm going to give Vol2 the old college try, but at $9 a vol I don't feel even remotely willing to trudge through all of it.
on March 3, 2017
I became a fan of this comic because of the show I admit it. I am actually not a huge fan of the deviation from the comic book story found in the show although I realize they need to keep the show interesting for comic book fans that already know the story. I'm glad to see that this episode keeps very close to the original story.
on June 10, 2017
A good read. I didn't know the art for this series is in black and white, but it looks really great! Now I know I'll eventually have to read the rest of this series, Daryl or no Daryl. Recommended.
on January 2, 2014
I love the television series, The Walking Dead on AMC. I also watch the show after it called The Talking Dead. I often wondered, after hearing discussions on The Talking Dead, how the television series is different from the graphic novel, what those differences are, but now after reading the first installment, I don't care ... lol ...The graphics are awesome, and now I get to see how the story was originally meant to be. Great job Robert Kirkman.
on April 18, 2014
This is a pretty short graphic novel, but being how the TV show remake of it has become one of the most successful horror TV programs of all time, this is well worth obtaining. The illustrations are all in black and white but very detailed and look very good on the Kindle Fire HD. It's interesting reading to see the skeleton of what the much more padded out pilot episode for the Walking Dead was based on. Bicycle Girl for one was expanded on in the TV version a lot more. I like seeing what Rick and the other characters were imagined to look like before TV casting happened as well.

There's also previews of another graphic novel after this one called Cloudfall which starts off with an opening frame of a naked woman in bed on top of a guy, she is being fondled and quite enjoying it. I mention this as the hard copies of the Walking Dead graphic novels are checked out by a lot of kids in the library (even though they are in the adult graphic novel section) where I work so this may be a deterrent for some parents.
on July 13, 2017
I should say that, despite the fact I never read any of the comics or even watched an entire episode of the TV show, this was a good introduction to the world of The Walking Dead. Definitely interested in more of it.
on April 3, 2017
So close to the TV show at first then it strays pretty far but this is by far better than the show. And yes I know this came first.