Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Walking Dead Volume 20: All Out War Part 1
Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 195 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on March 14, 2016
I've purchased all volumes up to 22 and the TV show has just about caught up to wear I am in the novels. These books are friggen awesome. I don't read much and my buddy lent me VOL 1 after he knew I liked the show. Well, I burned through the first one and then just went on a tear buying 4 volumes at a time...the price is pretty good for what you get out of these. $9-$15 is the range I've paid per novel, I'm not sure why they aren't the same but anyways, I keep buying them none the less. The story was written before the TV Show and the show follows the story but there is some differences. The written story is more violent and graphic then the tv show but the tv show does a decent job of sticking with main ideas. I've noticed that certain plot things that happen in the book also happen in the show but there is a unique twist like a different character it happens to or something like that. Which makes reading these volumes great cuz I have some idea of where the story is going (after having watched all tv episodes) but there are still surprises. If you like the TV show and haven't read these, give it a try and you will get a whole new experience of the Walking Dead story. I'm putting this same review under every volume I've purchased (1-22) so people can see it. go buy these!
on August 15, 2016
Another amazing volume of the Walking Dead. This volume brings a lot of action and combat into the Walking Dead, more than seen before, and sees the Negan & Saviours arc coming to a close. Definitely recommended.
on August 26, 2014
ITS ALL OUT WAR.....part 1 Issues 109 - 114 the first half of the war between rick and negan the artwork is pur awesome the story is very well written and its interesting reading the war tactics or each group and the mishaps and casualties of war

why i buy the volumes so the cheapest way to buy the series is the compendium i own compendium one and 2 but compendium 3 isnt out yet so i went back to volumes
on May 13, 2014
I've been reading the Walking Dead for sometime now, having read all the issues up to this one. I found this one to be nothing more than "more of the same".

It is starting to get old. Move the story along, guys!
on June 19, 2014
While The Walking Dead continues to impress, this particular volume, while keeping with the tone of the rest of the volumes, doesn't necessarily bring anything new or surprising to the table. War has started with Negan, who is a different sort of twisted compared to the Governor, but not so much different that he feels anywhere near as compelling or reviled, despite the fact that he is, in some ways, even more diabolical. There just isn't as much to make this issue emotionally compelling from my perspective, though I suspect that part two of All Out War may have more of a long term impact.
I suppose part of it is the fact that Rick and his close nit friends and family have already been pretty much torn to shreds by all the things they have faced in the past. Despite this being the 'biggest' battle they have faced thus far, it seems more routine given everything that has befallen Rick, Carl, Michonne, and Andrea in the past. Hopefully, part two will provide something new and exciting to latch on to going forward.
on July 7, 2014
I started reading the comics after I learned the TV series was based on the comics series. While there are some similarities, the TV series is very different from the comics. This is definitely an adult comics series. It is very graphic, brutal and very realistic to what it would be like trying to survive in a world like that. There's a lot of profanity; which gets on my nerves, but sadly so many ppl feel the need to talk like that; however; the plot keeps me interested and I look past it. Many of our loved ones and friends just wouldn't make it and the comic series realistically reveals this. Not sure if I will look at the TV series the same; but at the same time I would not watch the TV series if it were just like the comics.Why would I buy the comic series if it were the same as the TV series. I am anxiously awaiting the Walking Dead Volume 21: All Out War Part 2 and the other volumes to follow.
on March 22, 2015
Rick really shines. He proves once again that he's a great leader. He organizes,he cares, and knows just when to get brutal. Taking Negan by surprise was genius, but I don't understand why Holly sacrificed herself. Maybe she wants revenge for Abraham or she just wants it all over. Maggie is another standout. She takes the reign of the Hilltop. Ezekiel has suffered some horrible losses, and he's a little unhinged. Hopefully Michonne gets him back in line. Another great volume!
on November 12, 2014
I’ll start this review the same way I started my review of Volume 19—WOW. After a weak stretch post-prison, The Walking Dead is firmly back on track with the Alexandria Safe-Zone/Negan storyline. The battle lines have been set and, as the title suggests, an all-out war starts between Negan’s faction and the Alexandria Safe-Zone and its allies. Don’t let the Part 1 stop you (although at this point Part 2 has been out for a while): Vol. 20 ends on one hell of a climax AND cliffhanger (too often we get the latter without the former).
on July 22, 2014
I have been a fan of TWD comics since early on but have never before done a review. I really like this story arc and really like Negan as a villain. They don’t reinvent the wheel here but TWD remains in my opinion the best ongoing zombie apocalypse fiction out there. The characters remain compelling, the scenario and interactions remain realistic, and the story is woven together competently into something that still leaves me wanting more. If you haven’t caught up yet pull the trigger and order yourself the new books.
on April 29, 2014
I've bought every on of theses and all of them tell a wonderful story, but this vol. 20 part 1 was more fluff then story, I know that it was used a lead in to the war in part 2 but it would have been nice to have more detail in the lead up, I felt the almost $9.00 price tag was over price for what was in the book, A fair value would have been more in line with 3-4 dollars.