Oil month Automotive HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on March 14, 2016
I've purchased all volumes up to 22 and the TV show has just about caught up to wear I am in the novels. These books are friggen awesome. I don't read much and my buddy lent me VOL 1 after he knew I liked the show. Well, I burned through the first one and then just went on a tear buying 4 volumes at a time...the price is pretty good for what you get out of these. $9-$15 is the range I've paid per novel, I'm not sure why they aren't the same but anyways, I keep buying them none the less. The story was written before the TV Show and the show follows the story but there is some differences. The written story is more violent and graphic then the tv show but the tv show does a decent job of sticking with main ideas. I've noticed that certain plot things that happen in the book also happen in the show but there is a unique twist like a different character it happens to or something like that. Which makes reading these volumes great cuz I have some idea of where the story is going (after having watched all tv episodes) but there are still surprises. If you like the TV show and haven't read these, give it a try and you will get a whole new experience of the Walking Dead story. I'm putting this same review under every volume I've purchased (1-22) so people can see it. go buy these!
on July 7, 2014
I started reading the comics after I learned the TV series was based on the comics series. While there are some similarities, the TV series is very different from the comics. This is definitely an adult comics series. It is very graphic, brutal and very realistic to what it would be like trying to survive in a world like that. There's a lot of profanity; which gets on my nerves, but sadly so many ppl feel the need to talk like that; however; the plot keeps me interested and I look past it. Many of our loved ones and friends just wouldn't make it and the comic series realistically reveals this. Not sure if I will look at the TV series the same; but at the same time I would not watch the TV series if it were just like the comics.Why would I buy the comic series if it were the same as the TV series. I am anxiously awaiting the Walking Dead Volume 21: All Out War Part 2 and the other volumes to follow.
on March 22, 2015
Rick really shines. He proves once again that he's a great leader. He organizes,he cares, and knows just when to get brutal. Taking Negan by surprise was genius, but I don't understand why Holly sacrificed herself. Maybe she wants revenge for Abraham or she just wants it all over. Maggie is another standout. She takes the reign of the Hilltop. Ezekiel has suffered some horrible losses, and he's a little unhinged. Hopefully Michonne gets him back in line. Another great volume!
on August 26, 2014
ITS ALL OUT WAR.....part 1 Issues 109 - 114 the first half of the war between rick and negan the artwork is pur awesome the story is very well written and its interesting reading the war tactics or each group and the mishaps and casualties of war

why i buy the volumes so the cheapest way to buy the series is the compendium i own compendium one and 2 but compendium 3 isnt out yet so i went back to volumes
on January 2, 2017
I love The Walking Dead series, it is pretty graphic, but the story line is done well. I love the characters in the story and I can't wait for the next volumes to come out.
on April 29, 2014
I've bought every on of theses and all of them tell a wonderful story, but this vol. 20 part 1 was more fluff then story, I know that it was used a lead in to the war in part 2 but it would have been nice to have more detail in the lead up, I felt the almost $9.00 price tag was over price for what was in the book, A fair value would have been more in line with 3-4 dollars.
on March 16, 2014
I love this comic! I buy them ALL right now I have all 20. I reordered number 20 and I will be doing the same with 21. This is the best comic i have read. the story is amazing the characters are rich and you cant help but relate to them. The books never boar you instead they leave you wanting more! I HIGHLY recommend collecting all the books and I pray they never stop making them!
on June 27, 2017
Really action packed. Quick easy to read, almost to a fault but it's really enjoyable. Kind of cartoony but it works for this book. Nothing too mind blowing though
on April 7, 2017
Great book! Love the similarities between this and the TV season finale. I just stayed reading the books and I'm in love
on December 21, 2015
It's a great read. I'm a big fan of the series. I will not rate each volume separately or go into the story but I do recommend the series. I will copy and paste this review for each volume.