Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 62 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 77 reviews
on December 2, 2011
This show is one of the best shows Fox has done. It seems like Fox treats the good shows like they are red-headed step children and lets the garbage stay on the air forever. I will never understand why they do this.
on July 12, 2012
If you can get past Michael Rappaport waving his arms around like he's trying to land a plane as he speaks all his lines of dialogue, then this show is HILARIOUS. I thought "The War at Home" was pretty funny when it originally aired, and the Season 1 DVD was cheap enough through Amazon for me to take a flyer on it and watch it again. Honestly, it is even funnier than I thought the first time around. The show is a classic, and it holds up on repeat viewings. Moreover, they were ahead of their time interjecting short confessionals for the characters in a fully-scripted show. This format has been somewhat duplicated by "The Office" and "Modern Family", except these shows use the convention under the guise of "making a documentary" (But who is to see these documentaries? Seemingly, they are for no one). Unfortunately, "The War at Home" will never be as highly regarded as those other two shows I mentioned, and it just might be the funniest of the three.
on March 13, 2017
Ok I have two reviews:
As for the show this is one of my FAVORITE TV shows!!! 5 STARS ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As for the DVD so damn mad when on episode 5 it stopped working completely episode 5-7 do NOT play at all!!! It doesnt skip the screen goes black and I have to restart the player all together :/
on September 9, 2016
I saw this show when it aired on television and thought it was funny. That's what the four stars are for. However I recently tried ordering season 1 on DVD from 3 different vendors on Amazon and every copy had an issue playing. I've gotten so fed up with returning and re-ordering that I've given up on owning it :( It really stinks because I like the show.
on August 13, 2016
This show is hilarious. Season 2 needs to come to DVD
on December 4, 2010
I love this show. It's hilarious and I wish it lasted longer. It's like Married With Children mixed with Family Ties! In the dysfunctional Gold family, we have Dave, Vicky, Larry, Hillary, and Mike who always clash with each other. In the early episodes, Dave believes that his son, Larry is gay. Hillary is always trying to be sexy to make her dad mad. Throughout the season, Larry crossdresses and steals his mom's car, Hillary wants implants, Larry runs away, Mike wants a Bar Mitzvah, and much more. I highly recommend THE WAR AT HOME: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON!!!
on October 24, 2016
WORST BUY EVER!
DVDs ALL SCRATCHED UP, WOULDN'T PLAY!
SO DISSAPOINTED!
DONT WATSE YOUR $ W/THIS COMPANY!
IF I COULD I'D PUT NOOO STARS!
on February 25, 2015
This was a great show was super funny !!

Whoever made the decision to cancel this show must be kicking themselves when Modern Family took off !!

If you need an edgy Family show that will deliver some beyond funny moments then make sure you add The War At Home DVD to your TV Show collection !
on March 12, 2015
Great!!!!!
on May 2, 2015
Wonderful entertainment. Never heard of this series until my granddaughter asked me to get it for her. She'd seen it online and knew I'd enjoy it as well. It is a funny series and you'll definitely laugh.