Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on March 29, 2013
I absolutely loved Jill Martin's and Dana Ravich's book, The Weekend Makeover. The book is a delightful read filled with funny anecdotes from both Jill and Dana. It's loaded with wonderful ideas to reduce the stress in your life through useful and practical methods to improve your confidence and motivate you to declutter your life and improve your organizational skills. Each weekend tackles a new area in your life where you may be overwhelmed and just too tired to tackle on your own. I especially enjoyed reading the chapter on the beauty makeover. My shelves were filled with old makeup that I just didn't know what to do with. By reading the chapter, I allowed myself to toss makeup away that had expired or that I haven't used in a while. My drawers and cabinets in my bathroom look amazing. I also found the closet makeover chapter extremely helpful. I learned to separate my clothes into piles to determine which items are essential, and which items are nonessential. My closet looks and feels fantastic now. I no longer dread having to go into my closet and figure out what to wear. Since reading this book, I never put off doing something until Monday. Thank you Jill and Dana!
on July 1, 2013
The main reason I've given this book four stars is because I think it takes a topic that so many people would like to embrace (changes to our lifestyles/habits/etc.) and breaks it down into easily digestible (and executable) chunks. I haven't read the entire book, but I have read several of the "makeovers" and they all seem to follow a basic pattern - choose one area of your life to change and devote just ONE weekend to it; by the following Monday morning, you should be on your way. This does fly in the face of the established understanding that it really takes about three weeks to truly change a habit, but I think this book gives reasonable guidelines to approach one area of change -- after all, it's a rare person who doesn't have just ONE weekend to spare to better one part of their life (and it could be three days, not necessarily a weekend). Of necessity, the chapters are relatively brief; I would have liked to see more on how to stay dedicated while engaged in the overall plan during the weekend (i.e. suggestions for filling time that is not directly taken up by makeover activities and ways to fend off interruptions by family, friends, work, whatever), but I understand the book could only be so long. All in all, if you are a very busy person but have some things you'd like to change, check out the reviews to see if your "topic" is covered and give it a try.
on May 20, 2013
The book was refreshing! I got a hard back bc i was planning on having in on my coffee table. Unfortunately it didn't arrive in the best condition. The seller refunded me let me keep it.. Thank you. Although I don't have it out... I've read it a few times over for ideas for making myself over. I have lent it to my sister and friend...they agree! This is something to keep for sure!
on January 15, 2015
Love it! Some of the info is obvious...but if you're like me, you need reminders.
on July 26, 2017
A helpful book for the disorganized women in your family..........LOL

Very helpful and useful..... :)
on May 24, 2013
This was a "feel good" book. I liked the overall message of the book: taking care of yourself mentally, physically and emotionally is important. This means being honest with yourself, and making time for yourself. Jill and Dana definitely made some good points throughout the book.

Unfortunately, overall, I felt that it was a bit over the top and "Hollywood-y". I think that they have good intentions with their message, but much of what they suggested was just not realistic for the everyday wife/mom/girlfriend. Ultimately, they come across as out of touch and uninformed about the audience they are reaching out to. Their section on the relationship makeover, for instance, was just ludicrous. There are some things that just shouldn't feel like a "to do" list.

I really wish I would have checked this one out from the library instead...not sorry I read it, but wish I wouldn't have spent money on it.
on May 12, 2013
If you take one weekend a month and use the makeover plans listed in this book--will end up with entirely new life by end of 12 months. Lots of good information for people that are busy and still want to keep on top of things. I used this with How To Declutter and Make Money Now. Very helpful.
on February 17, 2014
No surprises, nothing I didn't already know. Just usual suggestions. Lead there by a newspaper article. Will pass it on.
on May 9, 2015
Just okay. With all of the stuff I have it would take several weekends but I'm getting there.
on December 20, 2013
I love it an author just tells the truth of the matter and offers realistic solutions. This is a great book if you feel stuck and just want to move forward.