BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 28, 2014
Video was not that crisp and for an older movie, should have been included free with Prime membership. Story line seemed to have a lot of cliche's and some characters were undeveloped.
on June 15, 2013
This movie was a waste of two hrs. Movie slow and I kept waiting for the plot to develop and the characters to show more emotion. You has to read between the lines a lot.
on October 23, 2012
This is a very well acted film. The characters are given time to really connect so it is slow moving but well worth ones time.It has a soothing silence to it.Sweeny really shines as a well loved gay partner. I think it is some of his finest work.
on June 23, 2013
Just somewhat dull. Maybe a certain audience would enjoy it, but I really didn't. Just not my style. Gena did an admirable job.
on February 3, 2009
i so wanted this to be one of the really interesting, but it did not even come close. boring, boring, boring. absolutely, nothing interesting. i thought that it would be alot more sophisticated due to it's subject matter and actors. sad but true.
on November 6, 2010
the product was great and in great condition and lastly arrived in a timely fashion
on February 10, 2014
Marian (Deborah Kara Unger) and John Kerr (Jared Harris) are expecting an old friend, Lyle (David Conrad) for a weekend visit to their beautiful upstate New York home. Emotions run high since it is the one-year anniversary of the death of John`s brother, the handsome and charismatic Tony (D.B. Sweeney), who had also been Lyle`s lover.

Marian, who is still inconsolable after losing Tony to AIDS, is upset when Lyle brings his new boyfriend, a young artist, Robert (James Duval).

Meanwhile, the situation is just as tense at the Kerr`s neighbors` house, where oft-widowed, free spirit Laura Ponti (Gena Rowlands) gets a surprise visit from her resentful, angry daughter, Nina (Brooke Shields), and her married lover, Thierry (Gary Dourdan). Matters worsen when the battling mother-daughter duo joins the Kerr household for a dinner party, where the pain-riddled diners engage in a messy emotional showdown.
on October 19, 2013
I laughed, I cried, and I laughed again... and cried again!.. and then I smiled.
The Weekend stands as a slightly understated film that made quite an impression - and splash.
It's a story of loss, resentment, desire, pain and forgiveness.
Gena Rowlands is simply charming as Laura Ponti, a seasoned lady who lives her life as she chooses without judgment. A young James Duval delights as Robert, the doomed new lover of Lyle - who recently lost the love of his life.
If you like paced dramas with a hint of peril, The Weekend is for you. At least your heart will smile a few times.
on March 21, 2014
I don't really know what to say about this movie.. I am happy I didn't pay $12 to see it at the movies. A little to slow for me and I kept waiting for more of a story to develop but it didn't. I do like Gena Rowlands so it wasn't all bad ... Maybe just something to watch while you are multi tasking :)
on October 14, 2013
I really enjoyed this moving. Guess I didn't read the cast too well prior to watching. I was pleasantly surprised by seeing Brooke Shields. It's a slow paced movie, a lot of time spent on developing the characters which I love.