Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Since the get-go, my husband son and I have not missed an episode. Every Thursday I set the DVR so we can "Big-Bang-alize." This means throwing in a pizza, settling down in the living room and letting Penny....Penny....Penny....rip. Jim Parsons has got to be one of the most talented comedians around. But he would be lost without the chemistry between him and Leonard, throw in Raj and Howard, and then the slowly increasing female population, well, it's ridiculously funny. Amy, Bernadette, Penny...heck...ANY of these characters could have turned out to be cliche'. Happily, the writing talent matches the acting talent.

I remember when I first heard of this show before the pilot it was billed as "two nerds get the pretty girl." Ah what a disservice that advertising was!!

We watch each new episode repeatedly, I buy every DVD set that comes out, and then we Big-Bang-alize in marathon sessions off-season.

Don't stop at Season 5. You must MUST get all seasons!
on January 20, 2014
It's always been fashionable for Nerds to pose as superior beings who would like to believe themselves to be too sophisticated for the mainstream sitcom: except when that sitcom is The Big Bang Theory and plays all too nicely to their (our) particular intellectual and sexual wish fulfillment fantasies. In this aspect the show rather resembles Downton Abbey, which stripped to its core is little more than Days of Our Lives retooled for an audience that reads the New York Times. It's both embarrassing and fascinating (and relaxing) to be so addicted to a kind of TV show I would ordinarily despise.

Addictive as it undeniably is in its current incarnation, the show in some ways almost seems an evolutionary throwback to the 1990s when episode plots were largely self-contained and the laugh track reigned supreme. It's not hard to see how the show's creators could have made the show into something more adventurous a la Firefly or the original Arrested Development: the short lifespans of both shows probably explain why they didn't. One can't help but wonder what sort of mischief the talented BBT ensemble might have gotten themselves into if given the less constrictive canvas of online-only media to work with: a looser, more improv-driven style seems like a better fit for the show's spirit and is presumably much easier to make work financially via online streaming. Amazon would do well to snatch up many if not all of the show's actors and down the road give them something they can have a bit more fun with, while doing away with grating vestigial devices such as the laugh track that BBT includes presumably in order to make the show more friendly for syndicated TV.

In this sense the show might be thought of as before its time, if only as an example of what might have been (or still might be) possible had it started now, instead of 7 years ago.
on January 21, 2017
So I got this season 5 of Big Bang theory earlier than expected which is nice and everything seems ok except the discs do have a few minor scratches and scuffs so I'm hoping that won't be an issue but If anything changes I'll come back with an update but over all so far I'm very impressed thank you to The seller🙂👍🏻
on August 10, 2017
My husband loves Big Bang Theory and so having his own copies of all the seasons is great. The set arrived on time and in good condition. The case easily lets you take the dvd's out to put in the DVD player and replace into the case. No scratches or issues playing any of the DVD's.
on July 26, 2017
WOO! I REALLY like this show! My friend and I are already near the beginning of the last disk! Season 5 is special to me, since I met Katie Leclerc, and got her autograph to add to the set!
on January 18, 2015
We have never been fans of sitcoms. This was recommended to us by a friend and to appease her, we watched an episode a couple years ago. After that, we became hooked and looked forward to watching it each night since several episodes run back-to-back each evening. We decided that we needed to own each of the seasons as they came out so we could see them in their intended order. The individual characters are lovable in their own way and I love the fact that they included a character with selective mutism. Our favorites are Sheldon and Bernadette, though the series would not be the same if any one of them was phased out of the series. The storyline continues to develop nicely and it hasn't reached the point of becoming stale any time soon. The series is geared toward a mature audience. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a well-developed group of quirky characters.
on May 9, 2017
I don't have cable anymore so I made sure to buy all of these on DVD so that I could continue to love this show without the $100 cable bill!!! Lol
on December 7, 2014
This was the last substantially good season of TBBT.

Although Season 6 has a handful of decent episodes, the standard sitcom relationship humor tropes were really starting to overtake the original premise of the show. The supposed geniuses were starting to be seriously dumbed down - depictions of career and nerd hobby pursuits jettisoned to a large extent - to be led around by the nose by their (much wiser) girlfriends in familiar and tired ways. It's only gotten worse in seasons 7 and 8 (so far), which have been unmitigated disasters for fans who enjoyed the original premise of the show. Those who like the earlier seasons of TBBT may want to stop their collection here at season 5. If you really love the show "Friends", pick up seasons 6 and 7 as well.
on June 30, 2017
One of the THE best shows on television. Always funny, always relevant and always guaranteed to make you laugh. What a cast!
on March 4, 2013
I have to admit that I have not yet watched this particular DVD. At the same time I have seen all of season 5 episodes in prime time and, I have seen them again when they have been rerun. I have watched the DVD for Season 1, 2, and I am part way through Season 3. One thing you will appreciate is watching the shows without the commercial interruption. You will also get the "complete" version on DVD compared to watching late night reruns on TV. The DVD extras are an added bonus. I had mentioned in a previous review that I identify somewhat with a bunch of professors who have a love (obsession) with popular culture. In my day we taught Shakespeare and Chaucer, but we also went to conferences on Tolkien. Incidentally the portrayal of academic politics and academic pettiness in some of the story lines seems to me to be pretty accurate. All the characters are good for a laugh, but the best part to me is when Penny (the woman who is a few credits short of a community college degree) and Dr. Sheldon Cooper (who considers himself the smartest person in the world) interact. Sometimes sparks will fly, and sometimes there are extraordinary moments. Consider Penny and Sheldon doing "Soft Kitty" as a round.