Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on January 23, 2017
One of our favorite books when my kids were younger. It's one of those books that stay with you because the characters are so real. It is a lovely story, and reading about the Dutch educational system was a real eye opener for both me and my children.
on October 8, 2013
Many years ago I purchased this book to read aloud to my fifth graders shortly after it was published. I did so for many years, and at that time, these young people really enjoyed it, as I read to them after lunch to relax them. Since then I have recommended this book to many people, and now that I am retired and nearing 80, I still buy it to give to neighborhood children. Adults seem to like it, too. It's magical - at least in the early years, before television - because it made I think, the children see in their minds what was happening and what good can happen when people work together. It's a story of adults and children joining together to accomplish the goal of getting the storks to return to their village. It's predictable, but marvelous and has always been one of my favorite books of all time. Magically motivating. Look for other books by De Jong. I think you won't be disappointed. I have read it many times and each time I am happier and even feel myself becoming a resident of that village. I'm no longer 80, but instead - 10 years old again.
on January 8, 2018
A really beautiful story! With the help of a new teacher, children learn to value members of their community as they try to attract a stork to their village.
on September 13, 2013
it captures the imagination describes the era and literraly takes you on an amazing travel through time and cultural customs I read this book as a child 45 years ago and enjoyed reading it again at the age 0f 53 and still got all the feelings of wonder excitement and the thought that good things do happen in a world that perhaps was a liitle different that what it is today
on May 16, 2015
Excellent book. I am buying for a library in the Philippines and I am trying to read the books before I send them. This one I will not send because it is so good I want to keep it for my self. I remember reading it when I was young and still love it as I am now old.
on October 6, 2015
A fun book to read out loud to my 11 year old. It is well written. We had a youth group book discussion on it. There was a lot to talk about mainly on how people treat each other and why. The book is well written. I would recommend it.
on August 10, 2016
Such a beautifully told tale. Engaging and remarkable -- held my child's interest all the way. Highly recommended for read-aloud on up through middle grade.
on July 19, 2016
I have not read it, but when my granddaughter saw the book she said that was a very nice. My teacher friend says she would read it every year with her students.
on September 20, 2017
I bought it for my sister and she was so surprized but really did love it.
on April 8, 2013
My teacher in fourth grade read this book to our class and I wanted to share it with my granddaughter. She loved it as much as I did.