Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on April 18, 2016
Let me begin by saying this is my seventh reading of the series. In the Dragon Reborn(TDR) Jordan begin splitting the story between the 3 boy's stories, as well as the power girls. I still find myself reading through the slower filler moments to get back to another character that was left at a cliffhanger in a previous chapter. Later books in the series do this to a far greater magnitude. But in TDR, we are still on the starting character's. After TDR, IT can be a bit tedious. However,I feel this end of innocence story closes the opening movement of saga, nicely.
on October 4, 2012
I've read the book many times and I'm reading it again in preperation for the final book coming out this Jan, 2013. I think this is another great book in the series. It's even better having read the all of the books that are out so far, because find new forshadowing that I didn't notice before every time I read it. Prophecies, hints, clues and the like that have started being fulfilled and revealed in later books. It's good reading the first time around, but you appreciate the skill in writing it with additional reads.

This book is more about character development than a lot of action. That's not to say that there isn't plenty of action in the book, but I feel like it's a turning point for many of the characters. When they begin to start to realize what their roles may be. It's when they can no longer say that they are just simple farm folk who just want to go home and settle down. You're introduced to many plot threads that carry the characters through most of the rest of the series. I highly suggest people read this book after reading the first two and continue on through the rest of the series.
on November 30, 2011
I recently started rereading the WoT series, after putting it down at the end of the second book several years ago. I thought I could skim through and catch up, however I was wrong.

This book built upon the last book, "The Great Hunt". I have always liked how Jordan keeps one chapter on a character until the end. I fell like it allows me to be drawn into the character, and it helps the character develop. This was never more true than with the character Mat Cauthon. I felt like this book really brought out the development of Mat. I found myself at times wanting to yell at him for something stupid. Another character that was developed nicely was that of Perrin. The first two books left Perrin as almost a secondary character, where as this book really showed how he is one of the main characters.

One of the downfalls that I have found with the WoT series is the predictability to how the end will happen. One can tell when the end of the book is nearing when multiple point of views are appearing in one chapter. This was the same with The Dragon Reborn. However, the path that was taken in this book left me on the edge of my seat at times. There were times I did not want to stop reading because I was captivated in the moment of the book.

This book had its moments where there was alot of fill-in, and as usual the author described everything in detail for us to picture. With the length of this series, it almost becomes hard to remember all of the main and secondary characters. Thank God for [..]

All in all this book was a great addition to the wheel of time series, and a great page turner.
on May 9, 2017
The more of these I read, the faster I finish each book. I can't wait to read what happens next! Truly an epic fantasy!
on January 21, 2014
A friend of mine talked me into starting this somewhat intimidating series. The sheer volume of material had put me off for years, but he convinced to just start. The first step is usually the hardest. I breezed through the first three books in a few weeks. I was hooked pretty quickly. The story is really cool and held me rapt for hours at a time. The only thing that got to me a little was sometimes things felt to drag a bit, and a few times Robert (I'm having a difficult time explaining this right now) would "remind" readers of things that had happened already. I understand that's it's helpful, it helped me a bit, but he did it a bit too much for my taste. I would encourage anyone who is a fan of fantasy to try this one out. Don't get overwhelmed :) I have heard people complain about the latter books, and I'm only on book 5. So keep in mind that some fans have felt burned toward the end.
on November 18, 2017
I have been through this series so many times. What a joy to do it again. The wheel weaves ages go to pass...
on December 8, 2013
The apparent forerunner to the sword of truth and game of thrones series's, and you can see where Martin and Goodkind got their inspiration.

I absolutely love these novels. The world Jordan created is deep and enticing with many characters, creatures, and places to come to enjoy. I've just started the third book of this series and I'm surprised that I was able to put it down to sleep, let alone write this review.

Jordan's writing style however takes some getting used to. The constant long-winded, overly descriptive sentences and abundance of comma splices takes some time to acclimate to. Before you are used to them it can cause a slight struggle to get beyond them. Do not take this to be an insult of his writing style, I merely mean to point it out. While it does get irksome over time, typically I am grateful for the extra descriptions as they add to the story rather than detract from it.
on October 12, 2016
great series...it gets slow and redundant in books 7-10, i thought, but with a series of this scope, that is not unusual, and given Jordan was ill and concentrating more, i believe, on trying to get the story sketched out enough to be completed by Sanderson after he passed, forgivable...books 11-14, written by Sanderson, standing in for Jordan posthumously, wraps it up beautifully...these first 3 books kick the series off in fine high fantasy style
on October 24, 2015
I would give this series 10 stars I could. This is my favorite fantasy series of all time. Highly original and imaginative, extremely well written and enormously engaging. Jordan was a master. A great, great read, from book 1 to book 14. I have the full series in hard back but as soon as I got my tablet I started buying up the Kindle versions because I will read this series again and again and again.
on July 9, 2016
I have read this book many times before and so I know just how well-written the books are and how well-developed the characters are. What starts out as a sort of slow ride turns in to the ride of your life! Not to mention the characters'! Read with pleasure and enjoy! You have to get to pages in the sixties for the wild ride, but you need the background, so be patient and PAY ATTENTION. The information given stays with you throughout the entire series. I LOVE THIS SERIES!