BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

The Wildlife Concert
Format: DVD|Change

on March 15, 2017
This last purchase was my second copy of this DVD. My 96 year old mother in law loved this so much we bought her a copy of her own. It has all our favorite Denver hits. I found an online discussion of someone who was actually at the live taping of this event (back in the 90's). She was there all three nights (1 night rehearsal and taping on two nights). I watched this DVD then read the discussion of the taping sessions. Mr Denver was the consummate performer and entertainer. Since we will never get the chance to see him in person, I recommend this DVD as the best alternative available. Loved it!!!
on February 5, 2015
John Denver had one truly great voice and appreciated the earth on which we live and all wildlife and plant life on our fragile planet. John was very involved in raising monies through his concerts to support the preservation of our earth, i.e., its plants and wildlife. I enjoyed all his will known great songs and his new songs directly about western/U.S. wildlife, plant life, and our natural resources. When the volume is cranked up a bit, what your hear is just as breathtaking as the words and scenery included on the DVD. I had lost (given away) my original copy. I just had to have this DVD in my own personal library!
on August 14, 2017
This DVD was somewhat disappointing. It didn't move me like I thought it would.
on June 1, 2013
John Denver never sang better! The concert and conversation by Denver provides a deeply personal insight into the man; his music and his character. I was deeply moved by what I heard and what I saw. This film provided a chance to get to know John Denver in a way that helped make up for never having had the experience of spending time in a personal visit with him. I personally do not know of any other film that provides as strong an intimate impact into Denver's personality and musicianship as a singer/songwriter; or that of any other such performer, for that matter! I highly recommend this film product to anyone who has enjoyed and continues to enjoy John Denver's unique song and singing style, and the very special personal connection he established with his audiences. The Wildlife Concert is a beautiful final tribute to John Denver's life and legacy.
on December 12, 2015
Love, Love, Love this Wildlife concert! John Denver's voice mesmerizes me and has since I was young! Bought one for my sister for Christmas as it's so good! Recommend highly!
on December 29, 2011
I came here to give my solid 5 star review of this DVD. But with 96 five star reviews (now up to 123!) already posted here, anything I could say would probably just be redundant. Oh well, I'll give it a shot in a simple summary fashion:

Musical Performances: Outstanding
Sound Quality: Outstanding
Video/Picture Quality: Outstanding

Seeing John perform these classics reminded my wife and I how much he is sorely missed. Neither of us got to see him live while he was with us, so a DVD like this one is a treasure. He was one of a kind, and we'll probably never see anything like him again in this, or anyone else's, lifetime.

Don't let the fact that this was recorded back in 1995 worry you in terms of the sound and video quality. Not sure if this has been digitally restored, or if it was just recorded extremely well to begin with, but the picture and sound quality are more reminiscent of something that was just produced within the last couple years.

What else can one say - A Must Have For Any Live Concert Collection !!
Buy It!
on August 27, 2013
John Denver's voice got better and better with time and it shows in his Wildlife concert. John's voice, music and lyrics take me to a unique place where no other singer or music can take me where there is peace, reflection, love for nature and life and all the best of it. His music is timeless; you can appreciate his voice and all the instruments unlike much of today's music where there is a lot of noise and you cannot fully hear and appreciate the voice, the lyrics and the instruments. Nothing like an acoustic concert like The Wildlife Concert to really appreciate and understand what real good music is. John Denver left a wonderful legacy with his music and his work; he was not only a great singer, musician and songwriter but also an environmentalist who was and will continue to be an inspiration to many.
on July 26, 2017
Still miss this guy....
THRILLED to be able to have this for our collection
Good delivery, good price
on November 21, 2015
A must have for all Denver fans! One of his greatest concerts, if not the best, in my opinion. I introduced my grandkids, ages 4 and 9, to his music and they love his songs. His inspiration is truly timeless. I also have the companion CD, "The Best Of John Denver Live" containing sixteen songs from this concert. This DVD contains the song "For You" and many other selections not on the CD. This is a legendary performance at a great price. Thanks Amazon!
on March 29, 2013
There were so many songs on this that I'd never heard. John looks a little older but sweeter too. I just loved it all the way through. To me, he was a true genius at song writing. And, bless his heart, you could understand every word he said. Not like the noise they call music now where you have no idea what they are saying. He was a national treasure and died too young. I am so glad that I was able to see him in concert in Fort Worth,Texas many years ago, probably in the mid 80s. It was wonderful. Of course he had lived here at one time and made jokes about meeting old high school friends again. My other favorite is "A Song's Best Friend" which I've seen on PBS and now own a copy of.