Bubble Witch Saga 3 BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Jessi James decker PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on April 25, 2017
My Man - Abraham!! One of the greatest American icons - and full of wit and wisdom. A pleasure to carry this book in my library to sink into the depths of the man. It lifts me out of the down times. It restores my faith that there are possibly good hearted and caring men (and women) still walking around out there and hopefully sharing their wit and wisdom with the world around them.
VINE VOICEon April 24, 2017
I had high expectation for a book about 'the wit and wisdom' I was very disappointed in that this book is only a collection of quotes,organized imperfectly in broad categories, with no context much more than the quote and the source. There is no story, no opinion. Just quotes.
on September 6, 2015
Love this guy!! What a mind and a perfect leadership capability to handle the United States especially at such a time in history when this country was so torn apart and so close to internal combustion. Honestly, I don't think that there was another person who could have guided us through this mess that we had created for ourselves. And to think that we re-paid Mr. Lincoln by an award of a bullet to the head!
Please keep books like this for my reading pleasure. I love it!!
on October 19, 2016
At first I was a bit taken aback by the fact that this is just a bunch of direct quotes from Abraham Lincoln, but as I read more and more, I felt like I got a good feel of this larger-than-life man and was ultimately grateful that the words I read were only Mr. Lincoln's. I feel that all irrelevancies were omitted and that the organization of the quotes gave a fairly in-depth look at Lincoln's opinions and beliefs. As someone who often is turned off by boring history and will quit reading anything that I don't deem interesting, I did find it compelling enough to read cover to cover.
on June 5, 2017
Lots of good quotes — some familiar, others more obscure. Includes excerpts from personal communication between Lincoln and his confidantes, before and during the Civil War.
on October 28, 2016
This book does a nice job of gathering well chosen excerpts from Lincoln's speeches, remarks and letters that give you a feel for this amazing philosopher and leader. Ideally, we would all read the 9 volume complete works of Abraham Lincoln. But for those of us who aren't ready to invest that much time and money this book will whet your appetite.
Readers and admirers of Lincoln may quibble with the choice and some of my own favorite were left out. But here's enough here to merit a read.
on January 15, 2013
Should be read by every thinking person; not once but anytime one wants a quiet moment or a moral boost.
on April 21, 2017
There are amazing stories and quotes from this wonderful man
on August 31, 2017
Bought as a gift for my dad and he loved it
on July 29, 2017