Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 182 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 210 reviews
on February 20, 2016
Great companion piece to the 75th Anniversary Special 2 DVD Set ! The book is filled with many rare photos & images, and it follows the "OZ" History in chronological order. PLUS, each of the Main Characters has a chapter of their own with full info. (Interestingly, I didn't know that sexy Gayle Sondergaard was originally slated to be the "Wicked Witch"...but I learned that and lots more in this great book.)

The authors know their subject well, and their love for "The Land Of Oz" shows on every page of this beautiful volume. AND, the Special Collectible Pouch full of rare memorabilia that's included, alone, is worth the price of admission: an Oz bookmark, minature copies of the lobby cards, cast photos & a frame to put them in, a full-colour poster, and, much more are included...even a "Death Certificate" for the Wicked Witch" !

All-in-all, if you love the movie, then you need, and will love, this book !!
on March 8, 2015
The authors were concerned about presenting new material, since there are so many Oz books out there already, but this book is fantastic and so much new info and photos to share. I loved learning so many new details and seeing so many new photos. The design of the book is just gorgeous -- I love the chapter spreads and character introduction pages -- the book has a real Art Deco feel to it. The extras are so cool -- that is definitely a trend I have seen in other Coffee Table books -- having removable extras. The extras are well made and easy to remove and put back safely in the pocket. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
on January 28, 2016
This book is a must for Wizard of Oz lovers. There is so much information in this book that you are guaranteed to learn something new about the movie. The colors are so bright on the pages. This makes for a great gift or a keepsake for yourself. Definitely a great conversation piece if left out for company to see.
on August 18, 2014
When I first bought the book for my birthday I thought it might be a revised version of the 50th anniversary edition. I am pleased to say this book is a totally new and original book. Oh some of the the old information is there but the history is more in depth and it gives more information about it's original stars. The pictures are a treasure trove of information and many have never been before seen such as Jack Dawn's marvelous makeup designs based on Denslows pictures, wonderful to see how they adapt the pictures for the movie and how they change it. Plus with the book you receive a packet of mini-posters, photos and wonders which are fun to look at. Great book and fun to read and look at.
on April 21, 2017
Great for a fan who wants the Anniversary momento, but if you're a true/diehard fan...you'll already know 99% of the information mentioned in the book. I liked it because it's a keepsake, but that's all it really is. The pictures are great, too!
on February 2, 2014
All the magic of the 1939 movie classic is to be found in the pages of this nostalgia treasure chest. The book is filled with great photographs and a fine text. Mostly it is a golden celebration to one of the most popular films of all time. And, can you believe they almost cut "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" from the film!!!!!!
on February 9, 2014
THis was a birthday gift to a fan of the wizard. She loved it and tells me she browses thru it all the time. She is an avid fan...has loved it since a little girl. I read thru the book and found it well done and the photos fabulous. A great coffee table book altho the person I gifted it to keeps it on her bedside table and reads a little each night. Says it's gives her pleasant dreams. I recommend it in behalf of what she tells me.
on March 5, 2014
It's hard to believe that a movie I've loved since I was a little kid is 75 years old, but it is. I have it on DVD and yet, when it's on, I watch it. This is an excellent book for any fan with quite a bit of interesting news as well as some myth breaking information. A fast, fun, read.
on May 6, 2015
I enjoyed this beautifully illustrated book very much. Since my father was understudy for Ray Bolger (Scarecrow) in the film, it had a very special significance to my sister and I. I was especially appreciative to be able to talk with both authors of this book, Mr. Jay Scarfone and Mr. William Stillman, who were very informative on how the creation of their book came into being, and also their interest in my fathers role, though minute. For any fans of The Wizard of Oz, I would highly recommend this bookt to you.
on May 19, 2014
The book arrived safe & sound in a better than timely manner. The Wizard of Oz has been one of my favorite movies for as long as I can remember. I wanted to buy this special edition when it first came out in catalogs but was hesitate because of the price. When I checked Amazon & saw how much cheaper the book was in comparison I was thrilled. Then I checked out the "used" books - an even better deal, so I took a chance & ordered a copy. I found nothing used about it & everything that was supposed to be included was there & in excellent condition. So I now own a brand new copy of a book about my favorite movie at a fraction of the cost!