Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 71 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 79 reviews
on November 4, 2012
I finished building my wood fired oven this summer and have been exploring the limited books written on using them. I've bought or borrowed every book I can find on the topic and this one's the best. From starting a fire, heating the oven, to the excellent recipes, this book explains how to use the oven in careful and easy to follow instructions. Explains the various levels of fire/ heat and their uses. Best explanation of how to pull a pizza dough of any of the multiple WFO and pizza books I've read. Great variety of recipes to get you started.
If you've invested in a wood fired oven, you're obviously going to want a few books on how to use it. Be sure to include this one.
on March 17, 2015
This is a decent read particularly if you are learning the fire management techniques for you home oven. While nothing is particularly ground breaking and can be found elsewhere having it in one place and presented so well really brought clarity to how I fired my oven and then managed the flame.
on April 15, 2017
Well written book that covers firing techniques for firing a wood fired oven. The book covers the authors specific brand of ovens but the techniques will work in any dome shaped oven. Recipes look delicious!
on August 27, 2017
GREAT
on August 24, 2010
This is the best woodfired oven cookbook we have found! We have tried 5 recipes besides pizza so far and everyone has been a total success. The instructions are clear and easy to follow and turn out perfectly each time. The overview of how the oven works and how to build and maintain different types of fires is terrific. I would highly reccomend it to anyone. The Lemoncello bread pudding is over the top good!
on November 18, 2014
Just got it, so haven't tried recipes yet. I like the 'instructions' section about HOW to use a wood-fired oven, that fills part of what I was looking for, But I am disappointed that the book doesn't;;t discuss the process of drafting in the oven, or offer pictures of effective draft set-ups. That is where I have been having issues with a homemade oven.
on December 6, 2016
Great read and lot of useful information, tips and recipes. We are a novice user of wood burning pizza oven and this book answers all our questions. Easy to read and understand and they have color photos of the recipes. Highly recommended!
on June 9, 2016
After reading this, I look forward to making some yummy things out of this book after my pizza oven gets installed. I have used a couple of these on the gas grill because the recipes sounded so yummy, I couldn't waite. They did turn out but took a bit longer on the grill.
on September 24, 2015
Ordered this for hubby because he thinks he needs to build an outdoor oven - he's poured over it since he got it and has lots of pages marked. It has a lot of recipes but also explains all the dos and don'ts of cooking in an wood-fired oven. This would make a great gift or a valuable addition to your outdoor cooking library.
on December 1, 2016
This book is a good start and introduction to cooking with a wood fired oven. Simple and easy to use instruction fill this book like the flavors from the recipes within it.