Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 96 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 118 reviews
on February 8, 2014
Why are people currently going without basic needs and dying even though technology and resources exist to prevent it? Why do people get stuck in traffic jams daily while rushing to work like crazed lunatics only to die prematurely from stress even though our current technical capabilities can prevent it? These are just two questions out of many that I have been thinking about and asking for years.

The essence of the book is that we are born into an archaic system that no longer applies to the world that currently exists. Technology has rendered the old market systems and politics obsolete. The message is that the current systems are in the process of failing, and that we should work to make others aware of the situation so that we can be proactive, and engineer a system that can actually provide for the needs of ALL of the people in a sustainable way that doesn't destroy the Earth.

It turns out that other people have been thinking about and asking the same questions as myself. The Zeitgeist Movement consists of people around the world who are working to apply science and technology to the social issues that we face as the world's population continues to grow. This book is an orientation guide, that with laser precision, breaks it all down and offers a new train of thought and open ended solutions.

This text, in my opinion, is the most important text that has ever been written.
on July 4, 2016
Wow wow wow...I am unbelievably grateful for this book. Finally I get to complain because I know what solutions are out there. This book is so damn good I am currently writing an essay on just because I want to connect to it more. If you are looking for practical solutions for the worlds problems please buy. You don't have to purchase it, because it is free in PDF. I purchased it to support and because one needs 2 hard copies of the book. My only criticism is I wish there was a hard cover version.
review image
on December 25, 2016
This book is a great read after having read TVP 'the best that money can't buy' - this book if far more technical though. instead of simply talking about what ought to be, this book gives you methods and processes for getting there. And considering the complexities of the problems being addressed by this book, this thing is very well written.

there are TONS of references to academic papers and studies as well as a multitude of examples for everything discussed. Z-group have truly done a great job with this book. I consider this book as the best thing in my library (or any library). it addresses all the problems in the world - finds the root cause - gives you the solution based on very strong data.

I am very thankful to the Z-movement for making this book and also thankful to TVP for without them creating the groundwork (based of course on other great groups and people as mentioned in the book) we would not have this masterpiece.
on February 12, 2014
This is really a masterwork, even in it's initial release here - and it will be an (ongoing) masterwork through it's revisions, that will set a common ground foundation for true human sustainability on this planet going forward and throughout the generations. This is the Zeitgeist Movement; this is THE material for anyone interested in what the Zeitgeist Movement is all about.

The info is organized well - has a nice succession of topics - links forward very well from part to part.

Nothing like this has ever been composed. Never has it all been put together like this. Never has the topics of sustainability, social change, public health, scientific awareness, social evolution, activism, human behavior, economic theory, and human unity been put together like this. This work truly marks a great shift of human thought where a train of thought reasoning is composed which the world can finally unite around - a "train of thought" or "worldview" or "life approach" which cannot be transcended by the very nature of it's purpose - which is to better and better sustain life in an emergent reality...this defines our period. This unity around a common ground focus & awareness is huge. Nothing has put it all together like this text. If one reads anything in life - this should be it. You'll fall in love with the Zeitgeist Movement's direction & work - this is the real deal.
on August 29, 2015
This book is kind of hard to read. The message is good but the sentences are sometimes very long and I wish I had a dollar for every time the author used the word "hence."
It's worth your time and effort though...
on February 27, 2014

The essence of the book is that we are born into an archaic system that no longer applies to the world that currently exists. Technology has rendered the old market systems and politics obsolete. The message being that the current systems are in the process of failing, and that we should work to make others aware of the situation so that we can be proactive, and engineer a system that can actually provide for the needs of ALL of the people in a sustainable way that doesn't destroy the Earth.

on February 12, 2014
I've always felt that things are out of place on a subconscious and emotional level, but always dismissed those feelings as if I was the only one experiencing it. I couldn't describe why things are the way they are on a technical level. Having read the zeitgeist movement defined and watched the zeitgeist trilogy and culture in decline series, I must say, it has given me piece of mind. I'm not alone, and that means that a better future is possible.

Let's make it happen.
on May 27, 2014
The text consists of four main sections.

In the first section TZM's approach to societal problems at large are introduced. This train of thought is unique in that it shines with transcendent lucidity. It thinks outside the box and transcends conventional notions of what is possible. At first glance the idea of a Natural Law/Resource Based Economy can seem utopian yet TZM's author team backs it up flawlessly with great academic and scientific rigor.

In the second section it is extensively illustrated why the current socio-economic paradigm is inherently flawed and even adjustments within a monetary-market economy are not feasible.

Section three is what really sets this text apart, in my opinion. In it the nature and mechanics of a Natural Law/Resource Based Economy are expanded upon. The possibilities shown are truly breathtaking and shown to be technically feasible.

In the final section various way of how a possible transition could look like are discussed.

The amount of research and reading that has gone into the publication of this text is astonishing. The authors have managed to bring everything together quite nicely and have created a well structured and concise guide to the train of thought advanced by The Zeitgeist Movement.

I warmly recommend this text and the Zeitgeist Movement to anyone who is sincerely interested in living in a truly healthy, sustainable and thriving world. If you are not interested in the aforementioned I compassionately draw your attention to the insanity of that.
on September 20, 2014
It's very hard to understand how the capitalism we have today depends all at once on waste, the consumer cycle, convincing people they need more & more while favoring those with capital and how the market and monetary systems people generally have so much respect for are not the best the human race could be operating under. This book not only details what's wrong but how a new system could be done. Once enough people realize their daily struggle isn't inevitable and that socialism was tried by dictators before we had personal computers while under today's technology and today's democratic institutions we could weed the influence of money for money out of our political system and embark on an economy that is sustainable and optimally takes care of the world's citizenry. It is not only possible but imperative. This book shows that. To quote Thomas Paine in the first 30 pages: "The world is my country and love my religion."
on February 24, 2015
So I'd like to start off by saying that I did enjoy this book. It's starts off in a way I didn't expect: It outlines the epistemological and metaphysical bases the authors are working from, namely that of the scientific naturalist. It's always a joy for me to see even a little acknowledgement that some amount of conceptual analysis (i.e philosophy) is needed.

I really am grateful for how the authors bring to light so many of the world's problems, many of which I myself was previously unaware of, ranging water shortage issues to the prospect (and occurrence) of jobs being overtaken through automation (especially by artificial intelligence). But rather than just take the easy pessimist route, the authors are quick to point out that there are in fact solutions - both existing and developing - for many of these problems.

The authors do a good job sourcing their claims overall. In fact, they perhaps do too good a job, such that it leaves me suspicious that they could possibly be trying to do an information dump so that the ordinary person simply accepts what they say uncritically, because it seems they have all the answers. Now I'm *not* saying that's what Mr. Joseph & his co-authors were trying to do, it's admittedly just a fear I get from the amount of sources in a book of this size.

All that said, I find myself, I think, rightly skeptical. Firstly, I know from elsewhere that one of the authors, Mr. Joseph, doesn't think highly of economics as a discipline and has said something to the effect of it being a waste of time. This is surprising to me, given the reverence he seems to have for science. Now, I'm sure Mr. Joseph has his reasons for this view, but it seems all too convenient that the very discipline which is presumably best suited to analyze/evaluate his project is the very one he (and presumably his fellow co-authors) don't see the value in and ignore. And while I am very ignorant of economics myself, I've seen people who clearly know more about it than me question if Mr. Joseph & co. are even grasping basic economics, namely, that they seem to be ignoring that some of their claims, such as that the market pricing is inefficient, are false because it is inherently tied into supply and demand, and hence is the most efficient way that prices can be set (the existing inefficiences are often, supposedly, because of government interference in the market).

As I said, I have precious little knowledge of economics, so these are perhaps not well-put criticisms.