Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Zohar: Pritzker Edition, Volume Six
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

100%

on October 17, 2011
With each volume I have ordered, I have failed to mention one thing: The beauty and readability of the text! These are volumes that light up my room... and the contents are lovingly done. For one to spend such time at work and the translation and study of textual variants, wow! Dr. Matt, Thank You. And the fund that has allowed this to be, as someone who has been a recipient of the blessing, Thank You! too, to the Pritzker Family.
I was eagerly awaiting the delivery of this volume, and now I sit and read and study.
Thank You Amazon (too!)!!!
on October 5, 2012
Dan Matt has taken on a project of translating and interpreting the Zohar which may take him nearly 20 years to complete...G-d Bless Danny Matt! The six volumes thus far have as much space devoted to his footnotes as the translation itself. Without the footnotes the Zohar can only be understood by a handful of Jewish scholars who have an intimate knowledge of the Tenach, Kabbala, Sefirot, symbols, gematria, references, and euphemisms.
on June 7, 2013
I always thought the Zohar was just an exposition of Jewish mysticism. It dawned on me that it is also a perfect expression of the Medieval mind set: the portrait of a universe operating under divine wisdom and beneficence. Wisdom is beyond the range of the ordinary man. Yet, with study and devotion, man can come to understand hidden truths. It is a form of democracy that is also seen in the Early Catholic Church. Society is ultimately based on levels of wisdom and spiritual truth rather than possessions. Not for everyone. Need a lot of time to chew over some of the ideas. Need a background in Torah to get to first base. Beautiful edition. Well annotated.
on September 7, 2012
I would look no further when choosing the Best!
I think that the Pritzker Edition of The Zohar Translation and Commentary by Daniel C. Matt is the BEST! You won't be disappointed, and Vol. Six will enlighten you and send you on a spiritual journey as with all the other volumes. Daniel Matt is a leading authority on Jewish mysticism and I am very happy to have this Volume of the Pritzker Edition of The Zohar in my library.
on November 4, 2013
this series, I have read 1 - 4 so far, has been incredible.

the wisdom hidden between the lines (which is really only viewable in Hebrew) has been tremendously insightful, the nuances of the words is so so deep, more than most can imagine.

it's really easy to see why at one time the catholic church wanted to ban the bible and quran and institute this, though I am glad they didn't. The reason I say that is because true understanding will never come in only one language and in one series of books, but rather a conglomeration of all, but this series is probably the MOST enlightening of all of them.

I would recommend this series to anyone interested in the faith.

the only complaint I have about the series is that as a homeless and disabled man myself it hurts me to carry one of these on my back, and god knows I couldn't carry 2 or 3 as genesis and exodus are both 3 volumes each.

this REALLY needs put on the kindle, I can't keep buying the hardbacks, my back is growing soft from them, I am physically in pain from it, I wish Daniel C. Matt and Stanford press would show some compassion and put it on the kindle, but I guess they are worried about their "profits" and not their prophets.
on February 10, 2012
This is the best translation of the Zohar in English. This is the sixth volume in the series. We can't wait for the next one.
on August 17, 2014
Daniel C. Matt is a genius. I recommend all of these Zohar volumes. He has not only strived for accuracy in the translation, he also writes like poetry. There are numerous gems in these books.
on March 22, 2016
All volumes are great. Translation is excellent and inightful.