- First, save yourself a ton of time and use the Deuce UPSIDE-DOWN to probe the top 3-4” for rocks or roots that might spoil your poop-hole location; probing like this is a fantastic and unique feature of the Deuce; right-side-up, the scoop is large enough to quickly remove dirt; further into the hole, use it upside-down again to break up hard dirt and pry out rocks; it provides up to a 4x increase in digging power when used this way
- Three models; #1 is the lightest at .45oz (the weight of just 2 1/2 teaspoon of water) for only the most fanatical weight fanatics; the #2 is the backpacker’s classic, .6 oz (just over the weight of 1 tablespoon of water) for more normal weight fanatics (2.5 X 6.8 inches); and the #3, a .97oz beast; big, strong and most capable of handling truly awful hole-digging situations (2.6 X 8 inches); use the length to gauge the hole depth; full 6” to 8” deep is a proper forest poop hole
- Made in the US and S. Korea of aerospace grade, US-produced 7075-T6 aluminum that meets the AMS4045 standard (the alloy alone does not guarantee high strength); the go-to aluminum for satellites and aircraft; HIGH STRENGTH aluminum makes high strength products; this grade of aluminum is available in only a handful of countries with technology and quality driven supply chains; manufacturer’s lifetime warranty
- Tumbled and fully de-burred; smooth, rounded edges and shape is much more comfortable that angular shapes and raw die-cut edges
- Anodized in fun colors to prevent corrosion and surface damage; prevents dark smudges from bare aluminum on your hands; have some fun, pick a color like you would a lolipop; these trowels really help you doo-doo the right thing; a great Leave No Trace aid
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The NEW DEUCE® Ultralight Backpacking Trowel is now made in three models - each different in thickness, size and weight - but all are crazy-lightweight and made of extremely strong US-made aerospace grade 7075-T6 aluminum (strength that also allows tumbling and deburring, BTW).
#1 - .45oz - 6.5"x2.4" - FOR WEIGHT FANATICS ONLY – those willing to work with the ins and outs of their gear to get the most out of it (be sure to see the directions in the photo section)
#2 - .60oz - 6.8"x2.5" - the new and improved version of our incredibly popular Deuce of Spades, our original groundbreaking *ahem* trowel that was the first in the world that could be used upside down for difficult ground (see Advanced Techniques photo above).
#3 - .97oz - 8"x2.6" - our full-sized trowel – bigger and stronger, a real beast that digs and prys easily, fast and comfortably - even in difficult rocky ground. Yet it weighs a fraction of what other full sized trowels weigh.
New Improved Design
All new 2018 Deuces® feature four teeth on the leading edge of the blade that are just right for slicing small roots as you run into them at the bottom of your hole and for making progress in hard clay (a dirt type that's vexing for anything but a pickaxe). The teeth are also FIELD MAINTAINABLE - you can resharpen them with a rock. Also new, the handle has small ripples to improve friction and grip.
About our Manufacturing
Please note that some Deuces are made in the US and some are made in Korea by DAC (the premier tent pole maker in the world). The quality and lifetime guarantee is exactly the same regardless of where your Deuce is manufactured. A quick glance at the photo or the color name will tell you where that exact model/color you've selected is manufactured.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 8 x 3.5 x 1 inches; 1.9 Ounces
- Date First Available : March 13, 2018
- Manufacturer : TheTentLab
- ASIN : B07WPG91HL
- Customer Reviews: