Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Theatriclal vs. Extended Version?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 17, 2009, 1:26:19 AM PDT
Hoya Gator says:
Does anyone know what the differences are?

Posted on May 19, 2009, 9:41:28 PM PDT
three and one half minutes.

Posted on May 25, 2009, 5:38:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 25, 2009, 5:38:59 AM PDT
AC500Driver says:
The extended version shows Liam jabbing spikes into the bad guy's legs for the electrodes rather than just connecting the high voltage clips to his chair.

Posted on May 28, 2009, 9:34:53 AM PDT
Robert says:
I saw this in Europe and it was definitely an R rated version. Is the extended cut that version?

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2009, 5:26:18 PM PDT
Thanks a ton. I was trying to figure out what the extra was.

Posted on Jun 20, 2009, 11:14:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2009, 11:17:16 AM PDT
WmPro says:
Folks, I see that there are two extended versions being offered... "Extended Harder" and "Extended" versions (2 discs etc.) Please, can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the above two extended versions? I loved the theatre version but want to get the blu-ray DVD in the extended version that offers the least cuts etc. Thanks for the insight !

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2010, 6:50:23 AM PDT
V. Reynolds says:
I'm looking for the answer to this too!!! And the "Extended Harder" that is being sold by Amazon (the Blu-Ray) can only be played on European Blu Rays...?? I want the longest version of the movie! I've already seen the film and know that I love it but I want more ass kicking!!!! LOL!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012, 4:36:47 AM PDT
Tech Chair says:
Best Reason to get the extended. Also an additional head slam while stealing the car

Posted on Oct 11, 2012, 5:03:59 PM PDT
Henry Jones says:
The differences are in the fight scenes.

Its true that yes, in the UNRATED version, Liam jams the spikes into the guys knees instead of the chair's arms, but there is MUCH more to it than that...and you wouldnt notice it unless you are a movie geek like me.

I stumbled across this when watching the film, I noticed that it wasnt as brutal. I realized I selectd THEATRICAL instead of UNRATED version, and that's why. Basically ALL the fight scenes, arent necessarily longer (maybe some are by a second) but basically, the differences between the two versions are BRUTALITY. Forexample, fight scene on the boat. In the UNRATED version, Liam strikes him 4 times, you see the contact, with the fourth being the guys head is slammed into the water fountain (ouch!). In the THEATRICAL version, the camera cuts away right before impact, so its implied and you do not see the fourth blow (head smashed into water fountain) - the guy just falls down.

SAlso, the final fight with the last guy, like when the knife is close to his eye, Liam's head smashed into the wall - again, these are cut RIGHT BEFORE impact, so as to not look as brutal.

So the THEATRICAL version is definitely worth it. Not gory - just awesome!!

HTH somewhat
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  May 17, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers