- Save 9% on this item when you purchase 1 or more Theefun 400W Wireless Remote Control Portable fog machine (ASIN:B076D4CV1Z) offered by AppelEA Direct. Enter code 9AB53YV6 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Theefun MB101 Magic Plasma Ball [Touch Sensitive] Nebula Sphere Globe Novelty Toy-USB Or Battery Powered
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Educational Plasma Ball: It can generate colorful streams of electricity dance across the surface of whole globe like atmosphere, perfectly demonstrating physics science
- Interactive Toy: Place you finger on the glass surface and watch as colored bolts of glowing light follow your every move
- Eye-catching Decoration: Once switch it on, the colorful streams created inside make it stunning and absolutely great for decorating your living room, office or anywhere else
- Sterilize and Purify Air: The plasma ball produces large numbers of negative ions to adsorb bacteria, neutralize and precipitate positively charged elements like dust, smoke floated in the air
- Great for Health: It can activate the oxygen molecules in the air to make it easily absorbed, activate diverse body enzymes to promote metabolism and encourage better sleep
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Filled with rare inert gas, the high-strength glass globe generates colorful streams across the whole surface due to black spherical electrode in the center and an oscillation circuit board at the bottom. As the voltage on the electrode is very high, the created light is a number of radial glow, gorgeous in the dark.
- Adsorb and sterilize bacteria
- Freshen air and reduce electrostatic radiation
- Decompose methanol and reduce the risk of passive smoking
- Enable reactive oxygen and promote metabolism
- Eliminate fatigue and rejuvenate your mood
- Greatly improve sleep quality
- Input: DC 5V/300mA
- Power: 1.5W
- Power Source: USB or 4 AAA batteries(not included)
- Diameter: 3 inches
1 x Theefun Plasma Ball
1 x USB Cable
1 x Use Manual
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First off, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it's a little bigger than I expected--it's 5.5" tall, with the glass globe about 3" in diameter. It's obviously not the giant bowling-ball size ones from the store, but this is perfect for the office.
The plasma beams inside are great, and dance around just like the big ones. The beams are blue and the tips are pink and really look awesome. They react to your hand when you touch the glass. Since I'm using this in an office setting, it's not as bright as the big ones--I'm thinking it's a combination of a medium light in the room and lower power (since it's usb powered). But in a darkened room it really shines!
The Plasma Ball only comes with a USB cord, so you'll have to find your own USB power source. The included cable is a little more than 3 feet long, so if you plan to plug it into the wall on the ground you'll need to figure that out. The USB cable is proprietary with a round tip on one end, so you may need a USB extension cord if you don't have USB power nearby. Luckily for me, I already run an extension cord with a bunch of USB ports to my desk (like this one), so it wasn't a problem. Just be aware.
The only possible downside I have is that sometimes it makes a very high frequency sound. Not all the time, but sometimes I just reach over and shut it off. It's not loud, and in most office settings you might not even notice it over the sound of the computers. I work in a mostly soundproofed audio studio, so any sound is pretty apparent.
Last thing: the manual mentions a sound-activated fuction, but as far as I can tell it doesn't exist. There's no controls on the base other than the on/off switch, and it doesn't react to any audio. I have no issue with this, since it wasn't mentioned when I bought it. I don't know why I looked at the manual anyway... it's a plasma ball. Plug it in, turn it on, and watch it. =)
Overall, it's a great fun thing to have on your desk. I like having "cool" things around, and this is a total throwback. Double check that this is the size you expect--the measurements in the manufacturer photos are completely wrong. (E,g., 7.5 cm does not convert to 0.10 inches.)
The only issue that I have is that I wish it was a bit larger but it's not a deal breaker.
This is nice as it runs off batteries or via USB cable. I got this for my office and it's very nice. It does feel a little light and I worry it could knock over but it's still worth it and I have had a blast showing it to my son.
Wish it was a little cheaper
Cool effects...great fun all around!
I was surprised that it works on 5 volts, and can be powered by a USB port.
I gave this to my granddaughter, and her mother texted me later: "Plasma ball or kitty torture device?"