Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

• Them
  • Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 84 reviews
on November 3, 2015
I love this album. In the past I would use this to get new people interested in King Diamond. The entire Album is one story and every song furthers the it is a classic horror story set into music. Every part of this masterpiece is beautifully arranged and pulls the listener in to this very dark world created by King Diamond. Whenever I am unable to get what I want at my favorite local music store that is only about a block away I look online for it. I chose this particular version because of the extra demo songs at the end. I received the CD well before the due date but there was never a ship confirm from the retailer to Amazon, just a confirmation to me. I ordered back on Aug 10 and received the CD by Aug 14. Nothing wrong and no damage. I will gladly buy from this retailer if they have an Item I am looking for.
on April 17, 2015
My favorite King Diamond album.
His best track from any of his solo stuff is on this album & is called Tea.
At least that is my opinion.
But if you like great metal guitars & cool vocals that change from deep tones to high pitch tones in an impressive way, you will like Diamond's stuff, including his original band Mercyful Fate too.
Tea is by far his best song to date, King's vocals on this track are amazing, along with the great guitar work too.
on December 24, 2013
This has long been a total (un)Godly favorite in my lifelong love for true metal. The neo-classical songwriting, solos, and structures, the intricate drumming of Mikkey Dee, the intensely terrifying storytelling, and (of course) King's eccentric and theatrical vocals that span from demon growls, spooky monk-chants, and his infamous shrill screams that keep melodies that seem built by Satan himself. Not for the faint of heart or listeners that like a more restrained listen. Make the shadows dance in your candlelit bedroom, and read along if you dare!
on April 17, 2013
I'll be honest it took a while to warm up to King. Back in the 80s I thought who the heck was this guy and why does he sing like that? Through Metallica and Youtube clips I started getting into Mercyful Fate and King Diamond. Now I am hooked. Abigail was the first album I bought and Them is the second. Once I have digested this I will move onto Conspiracy. King is a unique talent with a vision for his music. Couple that with an amazing band and you have a winning combination. Can't recommend this enough given all the manufactured crap that passes for music these days.
on April 5, 2017
awesome cd
on May 28, 2016
My 2nd favorite album from KD Spooky but awesome story here. Love It...!
on October 30, 1999
I've been a KD/MF fan since 1984 and THEM is definitely his best work. This is one of my top 10 favorite albums of all time. Don't get me wrong, a lot of his other stuff is great too, especially ABIGAIL and MELISSA, but THEM just seems to have that something extra - you can just listen to it over and over.
KD's always had an awesome band behind him, but these guys really seemed click better than any other lineup. And for any drummers out there, listen to Mickey Dee on this album - he's incredible!
on September 1, 2005
The songs are great (as expected), but the sound quality isn't great. I was hoping the remaster would fix some of it, but it didn't. When I compare Them and Conspiracy - what a difference! Conspiracy is engineered much better.

Note that I am not rating the songs, because the songs on Them are great - just wish the sound quality was better. Take a listen to Conspiracy if you want to be able to crank it up and hear everything.
on June 20, 2012
This is the album that got me into King Diamond. I'll be honest, for years I thought KD was kind of goofy, I'm not into his satanic stuff with Mercyful Fate, and I thought his falsetto voice was difficult to listen to. I never really gave his music much of a chance. That is, until recently when I was looking for something different than what I usually listen to (Metallica, Megadeth, Ozzy, etc) and heard that his solo albums told horror stories rather than the satanic stuff from his Fate albums. I was intrigued and figured I'd try him at his best with "Them."

It took me a few listens to get into, but let me tell you, it was worth it. King Diamond's sound is very unique, and the fact that he tells a story throughout the album adds a very nice touch that I really like. I haven't heard anyone like him, and his music definitely gave me the different sound I was looking for. This disc is very melodic and catchy, yet also has very heavy riffs and the brilliant drumming of Mikkey Dee (now with Motorhead). This is an album that can be listened to from beginning to end, not only because of the story KD tells, but also because all of the songs are so good. Can you listen to individual songs if you want to? Sure, they are good on their own, but they are even better in the context of the story, imo. In any case, standout tracks include "Welcome Home", "Invisible Guests" and my favorite, "Tea."

Do I still think KD is kind of goofy? Yes. Does that keep me from liking this CD or trying some of his other ones? Heck no! The guy can flat out rock in his very unique style and tell some pretty cool horror stories along the way. In fact, I've since gone on to buy all of his solo albums and a few of his later, less demonic Mercyful Fate discs.

I highly recommend this disk to all King Diamond/Mercyful Fate fans (although I'm sure you've all got it already) or fans of hard rock/metal that are looking for something a little out of the ordinary. This album is easily 5 stars and is considered a classic for a reason.
on November 7, 2015
Half way through the album on my first listen I realized I was preparing myself a cup of tea.