Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

• Them!
  • Customer reviews

on January 9, 2018
From 1954 comes "THEM". From James Whitmore, James Arness and Edmund Gwenn this was an extremely well made science fiction creature feature. Why even Leonard Nimoy has a bit part in the film. So does Fess Parker, who later went on to play Daniel Boone on TV. The theme is familiar but the production is top notch.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 4, 2015
In the desert of Arizona, Giant ants are discovered as a result from nuclear bomb testing. As they exterminate the ant nests, the army and team of scientists discover the female ant queen as made of to another location to make new nest. Finally the new nest is found in Los Angeles storm drain system under the city and destroy it with fire. Good special effects and moments of suspense.
on November 4, 2017
A classic Nuclear Testing bug movie, brings back memories of us taking cover under our school desks. Made me laugh then and still makes me laugh now. A terrific movie that make you remember to buy the RAID!
on December 19, 2017
Old time, lower budget science fiction. No green screen, no ear drum bursting sound, just actors trying their best to make the story believable.
on December 29, 2017
It's a classic movie from my youth that I've always enjoyed. Giant ants as a result of nuclear weapons testing, the government keeping it a secret, and the army coming to the rescue, all in black and white just seems to make the movie the true classic it is.
on July 25, 2017
Saw this when it first came out. I spent a lot of time cringing in my seat. It's still scary, AND it has Santa Claus in it!
on May 15, 2016
This is one of those old movies that just works. Granted the effects are low by our 2016 standards, but back then they were great. The actors they cast for this film were wonderful. They all did such an amazing job with a subject that was truly ground breaking back then. Mutations that could possible threaten the entire human race. Keeping the story running and interesting all through the movie. I would recommend this movie to anyone even those not big on horror movies. I mean the effects don't exactly cause any great stress. Enjoy.
on July 15, 2010
The movie's script was never a contender for an Oscar, although better than most sci-fi films of that era, and the special effect ants look kinda raggedy by today's computer image standards. But James Whitmore's tough police sergeant with a heart breathes life into this film. He impressed me when I first saw "Them!" as a kid, and years later as a reporter I took advantage of a backstage interview with Whitmore to say how much I enjoy that movie (as well as 2 other B-thrillers from that era in which he starred: "Face of Fire" and the uniquely imaginative "The Next Voice You Hear"). I recently bought the DVD after telling my 8-year-old grandson enough about the film to stimulate his interest. Like I said, the giant ants are big enough to indicate a pending threat (which is enhanced early in the film by action occuring within hearing but out of sight offscreen)but not nearly so lifelike as to trigger nightmares for young viewers. And a very young Fess Parker has a small but key bit years before becoming the coonskin-cap hero of kids around the world as Davy Crockett. James Arness is there in his pre-Matt Dillion personna in a much bigger--but not as fun--part than he had in "The Thing From Another World." Edmund Gwenn, always a delight to watch, is good as the bumbling scientist called in on the case.

"Them!" may not be great art, but it's a fun, entertaining film that provides an interesting peek into the society and mind-set of the 1950s. And it may be prophetic--the afternoon after we first saw this movie as children, my brother, cousin, and I began noticing that the ants in my grandma's back yard seemed to be growing bigger!!!
on May 24, 2017
OK; it's a 1950's insect fear film. However, this is a good edition and a very recognizable cast.
on September 13, 2013
This film has many excellent ingredients; music score is haunting and unique and really adds to the tension, realism of location scenes, script and dialogue of characters and wise cracks are great as are the one-liners!!!, just enough humor to take the edge off, suspense because you do not see the creatures right away and realism when they are revealed. Direction/editing is first rate, also pacing of the story, and casting is outstanding. James Whitmore, James Arness, the General, and Edmund Gwenn as the scientist. Put this all together and you have a great film that I can watch again and again. I second the motion that this was the best mutation by nuclear fallout, giant killer insect movie of the 50s, and I believe of any era.