- File Size: 1621 KB
- Print Length: 257 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0008123209
- Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks; Reissue edition (March 17, 2009)
- Publication Date: March 17, 2009
- Sold by: HarperCollins Publishers
- Language: English
- ASIN: B000FC1RCI
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,535 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$7.99|
Price set by seller.
And Then There Were None Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 257 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $8.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $1.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
"The Defenders" digital comics
Read the hit comics and graphic novels that inspired the TV series. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I came to this book backwards after watching several movie versions.
And then there were none had several titles before settling as ten little people that change ethnicity and occupation. As one group no longer is politically correct it gets changed. So the version for me was ten little soldiers.
Basic story is an unlikely mix of characters have been lured to an island by various means. There they find out that there may be a nefarious plot that they soon become aware of.
The first time I read through, I was surprised to find that the story is not exactly what the movie portrays. Later I found that the book made more scene without the need of gimmicks.
The plot follows an old nursery rhyme/poem in a sinister yet almost comical way. After every big plot point I was physically flinging my book down and throwing my hands in the air. Because I did guess the conclusion the ending was a bit disappointing but it's no big deal, as I said, I have Agatha's life's work to explore
“And Then There Were None” is a medium-fast paced book that has a high level of suspense. Although the book starts out slow with the author describing all the characters, the story line picks up rapidly when all the characters meet. There are two main descriptions of this book:
a. The author does an excellent job of using descriptive words to really allow the reader to paint a mental picture while reading the book.
b. The book also has many small character personality details that can be hard to pick up on, however it adds to the suspense of the book as a result.
a. Throughout the book, the author really makes the reader think about who might be the murderer. The people that are on the island are clearly being murdered and there are only the ten guests on the island.
b. The guests suggest that the murderer must be one of them, but there is no evidence to convict any one person.
“And Then There Were None” is a great book for readers who are detail oriented and have the ability to pick up on small hints and personality traits that the author presents, however it is still a good book for all readers.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > British & Irish > Historical
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Historical
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > British Detectives
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > British
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Murder
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Traditional Detectives