- Series: Rowman and Littlefield Studies in Financial Economics (Book 3)
- Hardcover: 496 pages
- Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers; F First Edition edition (June 28, 1987)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0847673596
- ISBN-13: 978-0847673599
- Product Dimensions: 6.6 x 1.6 x 9.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.9 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (12 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,250,434 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Theory of Financial Decision Making F First Edition Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
It is plenty of examples and gives a very good intuition. So I'd say it is good because it teaches traditional finance since the beginning in a way one can understand finance and the underlying math.
Clearly, the book needs a revision to put it into the modern language of financial economics as well as to add the results (and models) that have been published in papers in the last 20 years.
As I said, without a revision, reading the book is not enough to allow one to understand modern papers published in the field. As a result, after reading it you will not be able to say you know finance. But without knowing what the book is about, you will not be also able to say you know finance. Of course you can consult other sources, but even with the terrible notation, it is a pleasure to read, for instance, chapter 2 (Arbitrage), chapter 4 (mean-variance portfolio analysis) or chapter 11 (discrete-time intertemporal portfolio selection).