- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches ; 1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B072P1YFW8
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning.
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (571 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #358,348 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
TheraBand Professional Latex Resistance Bands For Upper and Lower Body Exercise, Physical Therapy, Lower Pilates, At-Home Workouts, and Rehab, 6 Yard Roll, Black, Special Heavy, Advanced Level 1
|Price:||$18.38 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$1.37 (7%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- A superior band product for resistance training and rehabilitation, provides both positive and negative force on muscles and joints, stretches tones and conditions all major muscle groups
- Improves strength, range of motion and flexibility in a simple to use, portable product that works in the clinic, the gym, at home or on the road
- Color-coded Progressive Resistance system allows users to recognize improvement as it happens, as you grow stronger you can move up to the next color
- Highest quality natural rubber latex resistance bands are recognized as the original system of progressive resistance for over 40 years
- Special Heavy Black Bands are the sixth of eight levels of resistance and great for rehabilitation and higher level resistance, they offer 7.3 lbs. resistance and 25% increase from preceding color at 100% elongation and 10.2 lbs. at 200%
Frequently bought together
From the manufacturer
TheraBand Resistance Bands
For Rehabilitation and Strength Training
TheraBand Resistance Bands are the perfect tool for resistance exercise in the clinic, at the gym, at home, or on the go. TheraBand elastic resistance has been proven to increase strength, mobility, and function, as well as reduce joint pain. Evidence-based exercise programs utilizing TheraBand bands help rehabilitate injuries, improve functional movements of older adults, improve athletic performance, and aid in treating many chronic diseases.
An Alternative to Weight Training
Ditch the free weights and try these simple to use latex bands that help build and tone muscles through positive and negative force on muscles and joints. The benefits of portability, weight, size, and cost of elastic resistance over dumbbells and other weights are unquestioned. Research has proven that TheraBands are equivalent to weights in multiple dimensions. A 2015 study indicated that pushups done with resistance bands are actually equivalent to the gold standard bench press.
- Improve posture
- Increase motor function
- Increase strength and power
- Prevent falls
- Improve balance
- Decrease pain
- Increase grip strength
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- Decrease blood pressure
Color-Coded Progressive Resistance
This 8-level resistance system allows users to recognize improvement as it happens in order to track progress. The success of an exercise program depends on progression. As the exercises become easier to perform, the resistance can be increased by progressing to the next color of band or tubing.
TheraBand Resistance Bands Exercises
1. Stand on TheraBand Resistance Band.
2. Begin with arm at side, elbow straight, holding elastic with palm forward.
3. Raise arm upward, out to side, and over head.
4. Slowly return to starting position.
Elbow Kick Back
1. Hold elastic in hand of involved arm.
2. Place one end of elastic under opposite foot.
3. Slightly bend hips and support upper body with other arm (as shown).
4. Pull up on elastic, raising elbow to shoulder height.
5. Extend elbow backward, contracting triceps.
6. Slowly return to start position and repeat.
1. Stand holding elastic in right hand, right foot securing other end of elastic as shown.
2. Bend to left, keeping elbow straight.
3. Slowly return to start position and repeat.
4. Repeat sets with other side.
1. Stand in middle of band with both feet.
2. Squat down, grasp ends of tubing in hands, and take up slack.
3. Keep elbows and back straight and extend hips to slowly return from the squat to an upright position.
1. Stand on elastic.
2. Grasp elastic in both hands in front of hips, elbows straight.
3. Lift upward toward chin, bending elbows.
4. Keep hands close to chest.
5. Slowly lower and repeat.
1. Grasp elastic in both hands, elbows straight, as shown.
2. Keeping arms straight, move arms out away from each other, out to sides.
3. Slowly return to start position.
Thera-Band exercise bands are low cost versatile and portable superior band product for resistance training and rehabilitation, provides both positive and negative force on muscles and joints, stretches tones and conditions all major muscle groups. Endorsed by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), they are recognized worldwide as the original System of Progessive Resistance. Uses for the Thera-Band Bands include: Improves strength, range of motion and flexibility in a simple to use, portable product that works in the clinic, the gym, at home or on the road.
Top customer reviews
Yellow=1.8 lbs. (LIGHT)
Red=2.7 lbs. (MEDIUM)
Green=3.1 lbs. (HEAVY)
Blue=4.5 lbs. (EXTRA HEAVY)
Black=4.9 lbs. (SPECIAL HEAVY)
Silver=8.6 lbs. (SUPER HEAVY)
I was unaware of the various weights and they're out of order. Just so others know. The weights correspond to lbs. of force/100% elongation.
The best way to purchase these bands is by the roll. Then simply scissor a usable length. A 5-foot long piece is usually the norm. If you purchase these (blue) bands "folded flat" you will find a significant crease at the fold; my experience is that they will break at this fold. Also, these bands do deteriorate over time so eventual replacement becomes necessary in any case. The 6-yard roll thus becomes your best buy.
Thera-Bands are color-coded according to strength; "resistance" is the word the manufacturer uses. There are eight "resistance levels" which, from weakest to strongest, are: tan, yellow, red, green, blue, black, silver and gold. An AtlantiCare therapist matched me up with the blue. I am not on a "progressive resistance" program which means that the blue is where I started--and where I'll probably stay.
There are a considerable number of exercises using Thera-Band. I obviously have no idea your purpose in this regard and consequently will not attempt to describe any exercises.
For further information please contact the manufacturer in Akron, Ohio. Their Customer Service number is (330) 633-8460.
Good luck. I hope I have been of some purpose to you.
Green is labeled as heavy, but I think it is more like a medium resistance (for men anyway). This feels nice and comfortable to use and it looks and works exactly the same as other thera-bands which you may get in a DVD package.
The band comes in a 18 feet roll (6 yards) and you just cut it to fit your needs. This flat band measures 4" across in width which is the same as other bands. (This is not rubber tubing, the round band, but it is used in the same way.)
I think that this green resistance level is a good starter band for beginners or regular exercises since you can cut it shorter to increase resistance or longer to decrease resistance.