Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
TheraBand Resistance Bands, 6 Yard Roll Professional Latex Elastic Band For Upper & Lower Body, Core Exercise, Physical Therapy, Pilates, Home Workouts, Rehab, Black, Special Heavy, Advanced Level 1
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- A superior band product for resistance training and rehabilitation, provides both positive and negative force on muscles and joints, stretches tones and conditions all major muscle groups
- Improves strength, range of motion and flexibility in a simple to use, portable product that works in the clinic, the gym, at home or on the road
- Color-coded Progressive Resistance system allows users to recognize improvement as it happens, as you grow stronger you can move up to the next color
- Highest quality natural rubber latex resistance bands are recognized as the original system of progressive resistance for over 40 years
- Special Heavy Black Bands are the sixth of eight levels of resistance and great for rehabilitation and higher level resistance, they offer 7.3 lbs. resistance and 25% increase from preceding color at 100% elongation and 10.2 lbs. at 200%
- Special Heavy Black Bands are the sixth of eight levels of resistance and great for rehabilitation and higher level resistance, they offer 7.3 lbs. resistance and 25% increase from preceding color at 100% elongation and 10.2 lbs. at 200%, roll measures 6 yards long x 5" wide
|Color||Black - Special Heavy|
|EAN||0812082800603 , 0881948298403 , 0913201362535 , 0812082800689|
|Global Trade Identification Number||08917350704514|
|Is Assembly Required?||false|
|Number of Items||1|
|UPC||913201362535 , 812082800689 , 812082800603 , 881948298403|
Specification for this product family
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
TheraBand Resistance Bands
For Rehabilitation and Strength Training
TheraBand Resistance Bands are the perfect tool for resistance exercise in the clinic, at the gym, at home, or on the go. TheraBand elastic resistance has been proven to increase strength, mobility, and function, as well as reduce joint pain. Evidence-based exercise programs utilizing TheraBand bands help rehabilitate injuries, improve functional movements of older adults, improve athletic performance, and aid in treating many chronic diseases.
An Alternative to Weight Training
Ditch the free weights and try these simple to use latex bands that help build and tone muscles through positive and negative force on muscles and joints. The benefits of portability, weight, size, and cost of elastic resistance over dumbbells and other weights are unquestioned. Research has proven that TheraBands are equivalent to weights in multiple dimensions. A 2015 study indicated that pushups done with resistance bands are actually equivalent to the gold standard bench press.
- Improve posture
- Increase motor function
- Increase strength and power
- Prevent falls
- Improve balance
- Decrease pain
- Increase grip strength
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- Decrease blood pressure
Color-Coded Progressive Resistance
This 8-level resistance system allows users to recognize improvement as it happens in order to track progress. The success of an exercise program depends on progression. As the exercises become easier to perform, the resistance can be increased by progressing to the next color of band or tubing.
TheraBand Resistance Bands Exercises
1. Stand on TheraBand Resistance Band.
2. Begin with arm at side, elbow straight, holding elastic with palm forward.
3. Raise arm upward, out to side, and over head.
4. Slowly return to starting position.
Elbow Kick Back
1. Hold elastic in hand of involved arm.
2. Place one end of elastic under opposite foot.
3. Slightly bend hips and support upper body with other arm (as shown).
4. Pull up on elastic, raising elbow to shoulder height.
5. Extend elbow backward, contracting triceps.
6. Slowly return to start position and repeat.
1. Stand holding elastic in right hand, right foot securing other end of elastic as shown.
2. Bend to left, keeping elbow straight.
3. Slowly return to start position and repeat.
4. Repeat sets with other side.
1. Stand in middle of band with both feet.
2. Squat down, grasp ends of tubing in hands, and take up slack.
3. Keep elbows and back straight and extend hips to slowly return from the squat to an upright position.
1. Stand on elastic.
2. Grasp elastic in both hands in front of hips, elbows straight.
3. Lift upward toward chin, bending elbows.
4. Keep hands close to chest.
5. Slowly lower and repeat.
1. Grasp elastic in both hands, elbows straight, as shown.
2. Keeping arms straight, move arms out away from each other, out to sides.
3. Slowly return to start position.
TheraBand Professional Non-Latex Resistance Bands are available in 8 color-coded levels of resistance. Proper use of these systems for resistive exercise provides both positive and negative force on the muscles, improving strength, range of motion and cooperation of muscle groups. Color-coded progressive resistance gives at-a-glance documentation of progress from one level to the next. And because it is not made with natural rubber latex it’s an ideal option for users with latex sensitivities.
Color: Black - Special Heavy
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Safety WarningBefore you use any product for health care, we advise that you consult your physician or primary healthcare provider and seek the appropriate advice and supervision prior to use.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Yellow=1.8 lbs. (LIGHT)
Red=2.7 lbs. (MEDIUM)
Green=3.1 lbs. (HEAVY)
Blue=4.5 lbs. (EXTRA HEAVY)
Black=4.9 lbs. (SPECIAL HEAVY)
Silver=8.6 lbs. (SUPER HEAVY)
I was unaware of the various weights and they're out of order. Just so others know. The weights correspond to lbs. of force/100% elongation.
I love using these. They can be put away quickly and easily. They are ridiculously cheap. Especially compared to the cost of free-weights.
You can isolate smaller smaller muscles like the top of your pectoral that connects to your clavicle. You can keep the muscle engaged for its entire range of movement. I frickin' love it.
The best way to purchase these bands is by the roll. Then simply scissor a usable length. A 5-foot long piece is usually the norm. If you purchase these (blue) bands "folded flat" you will find a significant crease at the fold; my experience is that they will break at this fold. Also, these bands do deteriorate over time so eventual replacement becomes necessary in any case. The 6-yard roll thus becomes your best buy.
Thera-Bands are color-coded according to strength; "resistance" is the word the manufacturer uses. There are eight "resistance levels" which, from weakest to strongest, are: tan, yellow, red, green, blue, black, silver and gold. An AtlantiCare therapist matched me up with the blue. I am not on a "progressive resistance" program which means that the blue is where I started--and where I'll probably stay.
There are a considerable number of exercises using Thera-Band. I obviously have no idea your purpose in this regard and consequently will not attempt to describe any exercises.
For further information please contact the manufacturer in Akron, Ohio. Their Customer Service number is (330) 633-8460.
Good luck. I hope I have been of some purpose to you.