Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.95 shipping
TheraBand Stability Trainer Pad, Advanced Level Black Inflatable Pad, Balance Trainer & Wobble Cushion for Balance & Core Strengthening, Rehabilitation, & Physical Therapy, Round Sport Balance Trainer
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Oval-shaped, color coded pad made of durable PVC, inflated with air with rounded points that provided tactile stimulation on one side, features sturdy edges that prevent ankle-roll
- For balance and proprioception training, core, upper and lower extremity strength and stability training, ankle range of motion and flexibility training, sensorimotor training, closed kinetic chain exercises, targeted injury prevention and strengthening
- Two options for use: one surface with rounded points providing tactile inputs for sensorimotor training; and the opposite surface with an anti-skid bars that resist slipping
- TheraBand balance products are available in four densities to provide a progressive system of balance training for rehab, post-rehab conditioning and fitness applications
|EAN||0087453233230 , 0026244029782 , 0636757837677|
|Global Trade Identification Number||00087453233230|
|Is Assembly Required?||false|
|Size||17.25-Inch x 10.125-Inch x 2.5-Inch|
|UPC||026244029782 , 636757837677 , 087453233230|
Specification for this product family
|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Number of Items||1|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
TheraBand Balance Trainers are oval-shaped, color-coded pads, supplied in three densities to provide a progressive system of balance training. They offer two options for use: one surface with rounded points providing tactile inputs for sensorimotor training; and the opposite surface with an anti-skid bars that resist slipping. These Balance Trainers can be used by patients who have suffered ankle or knee injuries, for core strength and stability training, ankle range of motion and flexibility training and sensorimotor training. Utilized for balance training, rehabilitation and sports performance enhancement, the 13" silver disc is the most challenging of the TheraBand Soft Stability Products. The TheraBand Stability Disc offers an unstable and sensory-stimulating surface designed to facilitate balance and proprioceptive training and automatic postural reactions. When used as a sitting cushion, the disc helps activate core muscles and is ideal for rehabilitation, advanced sports training and active sitting. Uses include balance and proprioceptive training for upper and lower extremities, closed kinetic chain exercises, ankle and knee injury prevention and strengthening, core strengthening and stability, ankle range of motion and flexibility, and sensorimotor training.
Color: Black - Advanced
Top Customer Reviews
A little info for those new to this type of stability trainer:
-There is no area for inflation/deflation. These trainers are made out of a foamy/rubbery material.
-Each color has its own stability: Green is the most stable, meaning it won't make you wobble as much as with the other two. Blue is a little less stable than green; you will have to concentrate more to keep your balance, thus working out the leg muscles and abs. Black is the least stable of all of them.
-They don't take up that much room. I have the blue one and I would guess the measurements to be something like 1.5ft long, 2.5in tall, and 8 to 10 inches wide.
If you are relatively healthy and active and just looking to work on balance you could probably start out with blue. If you have foot, ankle, knee, hip, or even low back problems I might try the green one first (and of course, talk to you doctor/physical therapist before buying!).
1) When I do the workout the PT showed me, I get a great workout and I'm progressing quickly.
2) You can put this anywhere that you're going to be standing and take an exercise break.
3) This type of stability exercise is much more "functional" (I mean, prepares you for something you have to do in real life) than a bosu The Theraband is similar to any uneven surface such as walking on grass, a natural movement. OTOH, a bosu is a wild ride, I'll never have that kind of situation to walk through. (And please don't misunderstand: I'm not putting down the bosu!!! It's just more advanced exercise accessory. For a therapeutic patient like myself, the aim is mobility, not sports excellence; so a bosu would be too challenging.)
4) The instruction booklet has about 15 pages of really good suggested exercises for the whole body, which means that you could use this product as a multipurpose exercise center.
5) It was a bargain for the money I paid ($26), it's large, thick, well-made.
If you are much lighter in weight you might need to consider the other softer black model of these.
This seller offers this a two pack, almost as low as some others sell just one which makes this package a great value deal.