Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 33 reviews
on March 19, 2018
March 2018: Arrived on time, comes with sturdy carry case. Unit is well made. Easy to use, just charge the Li-ion battery and press the button to start. It talks to you, but it's not annoying, 'Ready for treatment, place on head', ...'Five minutes remaining', ...'Treatment No. 2 completed.' If you take it off your head during treatment the lights go out. With it back on the head the lights come back on, and she says, "Treatment resumed." It shuts off after 20 minutes. Overall very good design. No discomfort. My wife is using it also. I plan to start with one treatment per day, five times a week, M to F. If any negative results, will reduce to three treatments a week, M-W-F. The instructions say to use it "at least twice a week" and "allow a full 24 hours between treatments." I expect to see some improvement in existing hair strength after two months, 50 treatments. I expect to see new hair re-growth after 12 months, 260 treatments. I am 58 years old, and get my hair cut about once every ten weeks,... so not much happening up there in one month.
April 2018: I plan to update this review each month with progress, if any.
May 2018 update: It's working. Using six days a week. After 42 treatments I see stronger hair, the wavyness is coming back, and small new hairs coming in. I have a small red birth mark on my upper forehead, my hair line was well above this mark,, now I see fine hair next to and in front of it again,... the birth mark is not moving up my head! The hair line is moving back down. Increased to 5 stars.
9 people found this helpful
on April 4, 2018
I've been using this product for over three months and my hair loss has definitely decreased. I'm not sure if it's my hair regimen or the theradome (probably both) but I feel my hair feeling more healthy. This product is a huge investment so if you're strapped for cash please get something a little cheaper. I think if you can afford it, the investment is worth it for stopping hairloss!
One person found this helpful
on March 15, 2017
The Theradome is a very poorly made product. I have purchased two of these and both have broken approximately one year after the purchase date. Theradome will not refund or exchange either helmet. I am disappointed in myself that I fell for this not once, but twice.

As for effectiveness, there was no noticeable growth but there was not further shedding. It is not clear if the results/lack of results were due to the use of the Theradome helmet.
57 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on February 21, 2018
I rarely write reviews and like you I was extremely skeptical, I purchased this Theradome and have used multiple times a week since Nov 2016. It has made significant difference to strengthen and maintain my hair, regrowth is slow and the helmet therpy is only a step. I added DrFormulas HairOmega 3in1, and my hair is healthier and thicker. The combination nutrition and helmet does show significant results. Give it 6 Months and take the before and after pictures.

Don't waste your money on the extended warranty the product is durable and Im up to 240+ treatments.
6 people found this helpful
on July 15, 2016
We are more than pleased with our Theradome! We have been using it for over 18 months. After trying volumizing shampoos, Nioxin and Minoxidil, we wanted to do something more since we continued to see thinning hair and experiencing hair loss. I had tried Minoxidil but just couldn’t handle the twice daily use (and stickiness). We both liked Nioxin but it wasn’t enough. Our hairdresser commented to me she was really seeing my husband’s hair loss and thinning. For several months she suggested that we try various thickening products. They, too, were but momentary illusions.

Being a couple, we felt we could easily justify sharing the expense of the Theradome as opposed to paying for various dermatology/hair loss doctor visits. We hoped that at least one of us, if not both, would benefit from its use. After just 4 months of consistent use (3 - 4 times a week), we could see the improvement. Even our hairdresser wondered what we were doing! It’s so easy to use. I use it while applying makeup, brushing teeth or dashing off a few emails. My husband puts it on and watches sports on TV. Your hands are free and you can do just about anything except bend over (because it will fall off!) 20 minutes and it’s done! So easy.

Do we have the full head of hair we did in our 30‘s or 40‘s? No. Do we expect to get back the that same hair we had. No. What we strive for is to keep what we have left and maybe improve it just a bit. We feel the Theradome does just that for us. We hope the pictures will speak for themselves. Pic 1 compares starting plc and after 4 months. Pic 2 shows starting pic and at 12 months. Pic 3 shows my hair at the start and then after 4 months.
review imagereview imagereview image
94 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on November 7, 2017
Love this machine. Really gets so much of your head. U can walk around. Easy to juice up every 3/4treatments or so. Comfortable and worth the money. Been using for maybe a year now along with propecia and minoxidil. Am a woman in my 60’s. Also take iron and b vitamins. I think all of it together helps except in the frontal area of my head. But my hair is definitely thicker so I will continue using everything......my hair looks normal nothing that one could now notice and that’s a good thing.

frontal
One person found this helpful
on June 21, 2016
The order had some glitches and got returned for fixing. I am still waiting for the repaired one...
14 people found this helpful
on January 19, 2017
I don't know if this helmet works or not for what it claims it does. But it talks every 5 minutes and I find this and others near me annoying. I would like just a beep when it ends. I wrote the company to see if this could be changed and ignored my email If it did not talk in old use the 20 minute treatment time to rest and meditate. I wanted to use it at night in bed before going to sleep and it disturbs my wife. Hated it
23 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 8, 2017
Stopped hair fall during my first two months - I saw no hair fall at all. I see some now at treatment 40, but not at an alarming rate. I dont think new hairs are growing, and I'm not sure if I have more volume or it just seems like it. I just continue to use it so I feel like I'm doing something to at least delay my genetic hair loss. If I could, I'd try the other brand - the one that always gets 4 starts. It's cheaper too. This is a hit or miss.

UPDATE - 58th session
When I stopped using it regularly, I had hair fall again - 15-20 strands in one day. It was really working on controlling hair loss after all!
I still don't know if I have more or thicker hair, but it definitely works on hair loss control.

UPDATE -110th session
Hair strands look thicker. Less hair fall in the shower or none at all with frequent use (more than 2x a week). My routine includes Nioxin which has been working too. When I travel, I make a space in my suitcase for theradome even if it’s bulky.
14 people found this helpful
on February 11, 2017
Does not work. Sadly, you don't find that out until you've had it for at least 6 months. Because thats' what they recommend, use for 6 months. So now I have a useless product that cost me 1,000 and can't return. Save your money and buy minoxill instead.
22 people found this helpful