Lyft Vehicles Review HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on April 28, 2014
As a marriage and family therapist, I recommend this book to almost all of my clients. Cheri Huber perfectly describes the way most of us talk to ourselves on a daily basis. Often, we are unaware of "the voice in our heads" that is constantly evaluating and judging how we are living our lives. This book will help you become keenly aware of your own inner critic and how the constant diatribe in our heads affects our moods. I use this book with my clients as a jumping off point into the realms of cognitive behavioral therapy and mindfulness based practices. Cheri Huber's work is so much more than that, yet this is a highly readable and friendly introduction to those concepts.
on May 14, 2014
then you are probably ready to read this book. Easily laid out book, it is a quick read with deep thoughts and ideas on how to get beyond our everyday reality caused by emotions and that little voice in your head that never wants to shut up. I have read most of her books. Inspired each time I read them. So well written I have read a couple a few times now.
on December 13, 2017
The information is good, but I hated the cutesy print and drawings. They were a distraction and made the book hard to read.
on May 27, 2016
A physicists recomended I read this after a "suicidal episode". Of course this book is not a cure all but it helped me learn to cope and process my negative thoughts.
on June 7, 2015
Amazingly insightful and helpful book. Something I will return to again and again I'm sure. Really great guidance for changing the relationship with yourself and beginning to learn how to love.
on June 27, 2017
I have this to my daughter. She liked that it contained a lot of affirmations, the tone seemed geared to adolescent girls.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 23, 2003
There's Nothing Wrong With You is a distilled conversation with a tremendous impact. It quite clearly states the truth and makes the case for just how we have gotten into the mess we're in regarding our patterns of self-hate, self-invalidation and self-domination. Isn't there something a little insane about intending to dominate ourselves? Yet how often to we attempt to punish ourselves to effect a change. We have been functioning with a convoluted view of this world and how people (including ourselves) should be treated. This book is a lucid description of the condition and the antidote.
on December 12, 2016
Read it and loved it. It has become my resource when I need some perspective or anxiety relief. I highlighted and earmarked so many pages, it is truly a game changer for this chronic worrier.
on March 9, 2015
Definitely not a book I'd read from beginning to end. I skimmed, found some real gems that *spoke* to me. Other parts seemed wordy, though I loved the writing style. Overall, a great book.
on October 5, 2016
Excellent book, I bought it for my 20 year old daughter who has been recently diagnosed with Asperger's, Clinical Depression, and being Bi-Polar. I don't know if she has ALL of that for sure, but she does suffer with daily Self Hate issues. She's already buried in this book reading it and pointing out to me things that match how she feels. I gave it 3 stars because the FONT is super hard to read (for me at least), if it would have had a less fancy font which was easier to read, I would have given it 5 stars.