Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Now
Customer Discussions > XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Xbox 360 forum

There was a $10 credit this morning...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 2, 2012 1:28:02 PM PDT
R. Libbey says:
There was a pre-order promotion for $10 credit this morning, but now it is gone. It said the offer was extended to all existing pre-orders. Did anyone else notice that? Why do I have the feeling that it will not be honored?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 5:00:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2012 5:00:50 PM PDT
I would like to know more about this, as I requested that Amazon match the Best Buy pre order bonus.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 9:28:21 PM PDT
Satoru S. says:
there is now a 15 dollar credit

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 7:43:11 AM PDT
B. SHARKEY says:
Eh, Amazon was too slow on this, sticking with my Best Buy preorder as they're still giving $20 reward zone on the big games this year while Amazon isn't.

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 8:36:16 AM PDT
I'll take the no tax plus 15 from Amazon over Best Buy any day.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012 12:32:28 PM PDT
WORD. pre order away! Death to Best Buy!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012 6:56:34 PM PDT
You realize that Amazon is offering the $15 credit to be competitive with Best Buy, right?

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 6:22:52 AM PDT
Julian says:
To bad amazon doesn't have pre order credit for games like Assassins Creed 3 and other big games coming this year.

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 2:07:44 PM PDT
AttlaSaied says:
Did anyone receive the credit yet? I didn't .__.

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 5:26:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2012 8:19:06 PM PDT
Troy H says:
Just got out of a chat with customer service. She couldn't find any promotions linked to my X-com pre-order so she is having the marketing and promotions dept look into it. I should get a response within two business days. Hopefully it's just a bit of a computer snafu.

Update: Just heard back from Amazon about the credit. Here's the important part of the email:

"We appreciate that you brought this concern regarding the promotion to our attention.
I see that your order for "XCOM: Enemy Unknown" was placed before the promotion was launched. However, as a one-time exception, I've issued you a $15
promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item sold by"

Kind of weird given that every other pre-order credit I've seen has been automatically extended to existing orders.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012 12:21:00 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 20, 2012 12:21:33 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012 12:22:42 PM PDT

Too bad you have to be signed up for their $15/year "Gamer's Club Unlocked" program to qualify. Regular Reward Zone members don't get jack. It's in the fine print.

The Gamer's Club Unlocked subscription is only worth it if you pre-order multiple games from Best Buy that offer the $20 reward.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Oct 2, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about