Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on June 5, 2015
The first time I used this years ago was when my back went out during a business trip over 4,000 miles from home. I had vicodin and ultraset that the doctor had given me "just in case". It was a two week trip and I was down on the first day. I called my doctor everyday sometimes 2-3 times a day. Nothing helped. My body was completely twisted. There was absolutely no position I could get in to relieve the pain. I kept on working and it was obvious to everyone that I was in a great deal of pain. One of my coworkers went to Walmart and bought me a box of Thermacare back. Her husband used it for his back. I finally got some relief. The pain medication did not work any way as well as this did. I sent her back to get more. I go through boxes of this every month but it is the only product that gives me relief. I rather use this than be on drugs for pain. It is a lot more expensive than pills but it really works and I have opted to use this and rest instead of pills.
on August 23, 2016
I have used these for years and loved them. It is hard to find the ones for knees locally anymore. I ordered 3 packs for that reason. I just tried one box and cannot get any heat from them. I don't know if these were flawed; but, I am having upcoming surgery and counted on these to help...NOT...do not heat up past barely warm. I am getting a refund in case these were , as I said, flawed. I will order again if I can't find them locally because I normally do love them. Thank you for your help AMAZON!
on October 15, 2015
I imagine that the price varies regionally, but to get 9 wraps for a little over $15 is a fantastic price for our area.

WHAT YOU GET
-- are 3 boxes of ThermaCare heatwraps for neck. Each box contains 3 sealed wraps --so 9 in all.
-- these are good for 16 hours.
-- I ordered these Oct 2015 and all three boxes have an expiration date of June 2018.

SUMMARY
I have been using these heatwraps for years. I mean I love my reusable wrap that I purchased here on Amazon and which I can freeze or microwave, but you can't really wear it out in public whereas these ThermaCare products are discreet.

I have used various ThermaCare wraps on neck, shoulders and lower back. After experimenting I found that prefer the Neck design over all of the others. And I purchased these to use on my lower back because I managed to throw it out and the heat these offer helps the muscles to relax so that I get back to normal.

Why the Neck Wraps on My Back?
I've tried the back wraps and they are more difficult to use. You actually wear them like a belt inside of your clothes and they shift around. They offer more heating area but I find that sticking these right over the twinging area works better for me. Probably because it's not a huge area that is spasming, just the area around L4 and L5. The Neck wrap provides enough heat for that area.

There's also a financial upside to using these and that is that they are cheaper. You get three of the neck wraps in a pack versus only 2 of the larger back belts.
on December 20, 2017
These are a lifesaver for anyone who suffers with chronic pain in a small enough area to use them. I prefer to use these smaller patches on my lower back instead of the TC patches made for the low back. They don't seem so bulky. But I have also used them on my neck. It may be all mental, but they do seem to help a great deal, especially when I travel by plane and cannot get up and move around enough to keep my back from hurting. No problems going through TSA in the airports either. They are a bit expensive, if I could I would give 4.5 stars for this reason.
on December 17, 2017
I had purchased both the Icy Hot Patch and ThermaCare for lower back and shoulder areas. I thought the Icy Hot Patch would be the best. However, it proved to be worthless and I hesitated to even try the ThermaCare as I thought it was inferior to the Icy Hot Patch. Fortunately, I did try ThermaCare and I am very impressed with the results it produced. It was very effective in controlling the discomfort. Still, I was skeptical that it would not hold heat for the 8 hours advertised, but it lasted close to 10 hours. You can purchase it in an array of sizes, but they can also be used interchangeably. For example, I used the neck for my shoulder and it could have sufficed for my lower back as well or knee if needed. The Icy Hot Patch was a waste of money, but the ThermaCare patch was excellent.
on May 18, 2015
Delighted that this terrific product is now a SUBSCRIBE & SAVE item. It's just the thing after a day of gardening, painting, theme-parking, or any overdoing... as well as strained muscle relief.
(I also find this "neck and shoulder" size wrap fits very nicely into the small of my back... so (for me, anyway) no need to purchase two different products.)
on May 22, 2017
These are so helpful to put on my lower back pain so that I can be more active and have the pain under control. I keep them on hand at all times. It is harder to use them in hot summers, but after I have done activities like gardening or cleaning that aggravate my back; I can use one of these and relax in the A/C and get some relief. So glad these are available.
on April 8, 2016
These just don't seem to be as good as they used to be. They used to stay put and get much warmer. The last time I was injured, a number of years back, these were lifesavers, and despite the price were well worth it. These were not. They never got warm enough to do much good, and they had a hard time staying put.
I have used thermacare for years and I can't live without them. I have an issue with lots of back spasms, and if I put these on, especially if it's cold, and I can feel the spasms just melt away. I keep a box everywhere, in the car, in the office, and everywhere else.
As soon as I feel the pain coming on, or even if I know I am going somewhere that could require a lot of back strain from walking or sitting, I will put one of these on in advance and it will help keep the muscles from spasming.

These can be very expensive. I buy them usually a dozen boxes at a time either at Costco, or at Walgreens when they have a sale, buy one, get the second at box at 50%. Wait for the sales, and get a rain check! :)

Also, Cosco has excellent prices on these in quantity.

In a pinch I buy them online.

Good luck, and I hope they help you, as they have me.
0Comment| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 8, 2018
I don’t normally write reviews unless something is really great or really a waste of money. I cannot understand why Thermacare continues to create heat patches with cheap and insufficient adhesive. I bought these because I fell for the marketing word “sport” thinking Thermacare would finally “get” that athletes actually move. Any of the Thermacare patches feel good BUT plan to buy rolls of medical tape to get them to stick to your body. It’s either that or put them on and don’t move at all. It’s really a shame, Thermacare. Do you have actual people wear these and move around in them? Somehow I find it hard to believe that you do.