Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Polycarbonate Blend Outer Shell
- The World's First Luggage To Actually Kill Bed Bugs Using Infrared Heat
- Ultrathin heating elements raise the temperature to kill bed bugs without adding weight or space
- Lightweight and Durable Polycarbonate/ABS Blend, TSA Locks, Spinner Wheels and an Attractive Finish
- Endorsed by Entomologists as an Effective Tool to Reduce Transmission of Bed Bugs When Traveling
- Complies with TSA and FAA Guidelines
Black Friday Deals are here
Save on select clothing, shoes, jewelry, watches, and more. Select styles and sizes. Prices as marked. Shop now.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
ThermalStrike Heated Luggage
ThermalStrike Heated Luggage is the world's only luggage that kills bed bugs. Its sleek and stylish look is matched only by its superior performance. Treat your belongings - without unpacking.
With increased travel, bed bugs have made a comeback, and have returned stronger than ever. Infestations have been found in residential areas, hotels, hospitals, nursing homes, movie theaters, retail stores, universities and public schools, and even on airplanes. The National Pest Management Association recommends exposure to temperatures above 118°F for bed bug management. ThermalStrike Luggage is designed to exceed these temperatures to kill all stages of bed bugs and eggs, while regulating temperatures that are safe for most items.
All of the integrated heating and safety components of ThermalStrike are TSA and FAA compliant.
• Reaches over 120°F core temperature to kill all life-stages of bed bugs
• Integrated, ultra-thin infrared heating panels
• 100% effective, non-toxic and chemical-free
• 2, 4, or 8-hour timer switch with automatic shut-off
• Power and timer indicator lights
• 110-120 volt AC, 275 Watt
• Lightweight, durable polycarbonate blend outer shell with reinforced corner guards
• Toughened aluminum, 3-position telescoping trolley handle
• Cushioned, rubber grip carry handle
• Four 360-degree rotation wheels
• 2 large, interior zippered compartments
• Interior pocket for easy access to small items
• TSA-approved integrated lock
• 5-Year Limited Warranty
*Assembled in the USA in South Haven, Michigan
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 16 x 26 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00I2XGPL0
- Date first available at Amazon.com: January 27, 2014
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The build quality/workmanship is only fair. As you can see in the attached picture, when I received mine, one of the pieces of fabric which was supposed to have been glued down wasn't - there was glue on both sides, but they weren't stuck to each other. I'm giving it 4 stars in spite of that because I am not aware of any competition in this space.
Electrically it works as advertised. I didn't have any live bedbugs available to test it on, fortunately, but I put a thermocouple inside and measured the temperature at 150 degrees Fahrenheit after about a half hour of heating, with the suitcase empty.
Note that some reviews of this product talk about having a temperature sensor and cutting off the heat once it reaches a certain temperature. As of March 2016, this is not the case - you can choose between 2, 4, or 8 hours fixed heating time. It is not driven by a temperature sensor. Perhaps that didn't work reliably and they changed it?
The contents of the suitcase are at best somewhat warm when a full 8 hour cycle is done. Buy the Thermalstrike ranger instead. I bought this suitcase because I thought it would make it simple for me to leave the bed bug infested hostel I stayed at. Upon trying on my clothes at my new apartment, I found that I still felt nymphs crawling on me, right after heating them in this suitcase. The temperature just is not high enough.
The white powder you see on the floor there in the photo is Cimexa. To anyone who actually knows about self-treating bed bugs, that should tell you that I know what I'm talking about: the other reviewers on this page are talking about using this product as a PREVENTATIVE and cautionary measure, not a treatment aid and that is why they are giving good reviews.
Caveat lector: This is not suitable for killing off bugs in an actual infestation scenario and cannot substitute for the Ranger. It does not get as hot as the Ranger.