|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Thermaltake COMMANDER G42 Window Mid Tower Gaming Chassis PC Case
|Price:||$68.81 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- eSPORTS look front bezel along with the spirit “Space is of the Essence” in mind by incorporating an outsize body structure with full black convex and perforated panel design
- Standard 3 x 5.25” and 6 x 3.5”/2.5” with innovative tool-free drive bay design minumized the hassels
- G42 delivers the most scalable graphics platform in a mid-tower category, with 8 + 1 PCI-E expansion slots which support for both Native 4-way ATI CrossFireX™ and Nvidia SLI™
- G42 support motherboards size up to standard ATX and CPU cooler installation, with the aid of extra convex side panel G42 has the space for Advanced Cable Management up to 38mm.
- 2 pre-installed 120mm front and rear case fans, G42 has 3 more optional 120mm fans mounting area to optimize air cooling with dust filters
- G42 supports up to 240mm radiator water cooling system with long graphic card to unlock CPU's overclocking potential and outstanding cooling efficiency.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Thermaltake COMMANDER G42 Window Mid Tower Gaming Chassis PC Case
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Item Dimensions||19.2 x 9.6 x 19.4 in||8.6 x 19.7 x 16.9 in||19.2 x 9.6 x 19 in||19.1 x 8 x 16.8 in||16.9 x 8.2 x 18.9 in||23 x 23 x 12 in|
|Item Weight||15.65 lbs||12.6 lbs||15.65 lbs||9.9 lbs||9.3 lbs||16.7 lbs|
Thermaltake Commander G42 Mid Tower Gaming Case (P/N: CA-1B5-00M1WN-00) Commander G series is the new gaming budget case series, designed for users who need a large interior space for high-end hardware and expansion while having a conservative budget. Like all Thermaltake gaming cases, Commander G42 is designed to ease system builds, it comes with standard features like the tool-free drive bay design, removable drive cage, multiple fans mounting options and the support for internal and external liquid cooling solution and advance cable management.
Top Customer Reviews
My fault: I didn't realize the top is wide open and is begging for a gigantic hundred dollar radiator thing. My setup doesn't need that.
Not my fault: There are 50 or so ~~1cm holes in the front and the back that let dust in with no foam filtering that, in my opinion, have no business being there without at least having a foam filter.
One last negative: I didn't spend that much time working on this because I got it to "good enough" status, but the way the side panels are attached seems a little odd. It's hard to describe but basically the holes for the finger-twist screws are raised above the rest of the panel, meaning you have a lot of wasted threading, which is not the end of the world but I found it barely holds on with one or two threads with the kind of finger screws I have.
Maybe I just missed something, maybe I needed to read the manual again, but having only used coolermaster towers before I was used to that being intuitive, which IMO this was not.
The right side opens and gives actual usable access to the other side of everything. There's plenty of room to run most of your power cables to ensure good air flow in the case, thus helping to keep things cooler without using the extra (not included) fan at the top you can add.
I'm running a Asus Motherboard Z97-PRO GAMER Ci7 i5 i3 S1150 Z97 PCIE DDR3 SATA ATX with an Intel i7-4790 CPU @ 3.6GHz. When I'm not on my system, I'm running Seti@home and ATLAS@home via Boinc and not experiencing any heating issues. Oh, and I'm using the stock fan on my CPU, nothing special. So, Yes, I'm very happy with this.
In addition, the shipping was fast. We got the case on time, and in perfect condition. The case was packaged nicely and arrived without any problems.
According to the manual, should only come with a rear 120mm fan. My purchase came with a 120mm fan in the front of the case, so I guess I made out.
Has room for almost all air coolers for CPUs, so this is going to house the Noctua NH-D15 with room to spare.