|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
Thermaltake Esports Challenger Pro USB Keyboard Red Illumination Back Light
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- World's first and only gaming keyboard with patented cooling fan built onto the keyboard.
- 64KB on-board memory stores five unique user profiles, each with its own set of ten dedicated macro keys.
- Included software with user-friendly Graphic User Interface allows user to quickly setup macro keys and gaming profile fitted for each individual.
- Two Hi-Speed USB 2.0 ports located conveniently on the side of keyboard for user to quickly connect mouse, headset or other USB devices.
- Keyboard-wide red backlight LEDs enable users to fully utilize what the keyboard can offer even in complete darkness.
- Allows gamers' hand to stay dry and enabling better grip as well as superior control.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This keyboard has 10 macro keys and four profiles for a total of 40 potential macros. The keys are located at each side of the keyboard with five keys per side.Read more ›
I contacted ThermalTake and they said this is how the keyboard was designed.
This company does not understand gamers if this was how it was designed.
An example of why you want this might be running forward in a video game (W) and wanting to self cast a character buff or enhancement while running into battle (Macro: F1, then press number 8, then Tab to select closest enemy etc).
Just FYI the reason I bought this is I'm looking for a keyboard with Macro keys that do not line up directly with the left control button. When not in a game, I use Photoshop a lot and I always accidentally hit the macro on the left of the ctrl on all Logitech keyboards so I can't use their Macro system.
It's a very attractive keyboard: the red backlight really makes it stand out as opposed to the more traditional blue backlight I had been using for the past few years. The logo below the space bar was a bit bright, but the driver UI software allowed me to turn it off so it wasn't much of an issue. The keyboard comes with a fan which I found to be effective but not intrusive; it won't cool your house down but you can feel it on your fingers so if you have sweaty hands it's worth using.
The macro keys I use a bit when I play WoW and I haven't had an issue with them. I don't use them all so I haven't worried about the keyboard needing more of them. The price point is pretty attractive as well. I know other gaming keyboards on the market are quite a bit more expensive, so this made it easier to upgrade from my old keyboard that wasn't even broken.
Overall I would definitely recommend the Challenger Pro to those who want to get a gaming keyboard and see how much nicer it is than the standard keyboards I see people use at LAN parties. The keys feel nice, it's sexy, and it's very portable for those who want to go to tournaments.
- Multiple colors to choose from (LED lightening of the keys)
- Ability to turn off the backlit keys and TT logo
- There's a F'n FAN that comes with the keyboard. Perfect for gamers
- Volume control buttons, ten extra keys (macro?), etc.
- The fan.. again (2 fan slots. one above the ESC key and one above the number pad and volume control)
- Has a headphone jack and a microphone jack behind the keyboard
- Extra keys (they are RED). Not sure how the hell you install them, but I'll keep them.
-Requires two USB slots to power (the second USB slot is to power the on-board USB slots on the keyboard)
Stop thinking and go buy this one. I only wanted a good backlit keyboard.. but they gave me a GREAT keyboard, a fan, extra keys, headphone/mic jacks, multiple color options, etc. I'm really satisfied with this. If anything goes wrong with this, I will update my review.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've had this board for a good amount of time, now, so I feel I can make a decent review of it.
I don't like it, for a lot of reasons.
1. Read more
love the color custimizations and all the buttons but macro keys only work if pressed alone which rly sucksPublished 2 months ago by Ryan M.
I picked up this keyboard for a damn good price when the tiger direct stores where going out of business... and first I was impressed by the keyboard.. its quality is amazing.. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Pedro C. Barrenechea
I still love this keyboard, i bought it on newegg 5 years ago and am typing on it right now. I have the challenger Pro but it used to be alot cheaper, so this time i'm going down... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Kai
Been using this for 4.5 years. Extremely solid product. I have not encountered any issues.
I use this daily to play MOBAs. Read more
My wife has been using Thermaltake keyboards for the last 5 years, and they stopped making the model that she loved using. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Jacob Stacey
This is the second one I have purchased for my husband, the first one worked great, my children broke it so it had nothing to do with the keyboard it worked great until then. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Nicole Loveless
A PC GAMING KEYBOARD WITHOUT ANTIGHOSTING... STUCK KEYS ALL THE TIMEPublished 10 months ago by Adrian M - Costa Rica