- Brand Name: Thermaltake
- Model Number: VL52021N2U
Thermaltake Power Supply Mini Case Mini ITX 200 VL52021N2U
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Quintessence - Typical small form factor, Mini-ITX chassis; Qute - Cute , small size which require minimum spacing;
- Quiet - Energy saving platform with fanless design; Built-in 200W SFX power supply
- Front I/O ports for easy access; Compatible with Intel Atom platform; Don't settle for less.
- Element Q supports full-size 5.25? Optical Disk Drives (Blu-Ray Players or DVD-RW Drives)
- External Bay: 1x 5.25", 1x 3.5"; Internal Bay: 1x 3.5"
- Expansion Slots: 1; Cooling System: None; Liquid Cooling Capable: No; Side Windows: None; Front I/O Panel: 2x USB 2.0, 1x Micphone, 1x Speaker
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Standard 5 ¼" and 3 ½" drive slot, allows you to use old components.
Comes with a 220W PSU.
Large space between the 2 front USB connectors, you can plug in 2 USB devices without bending the connector.
PSU mount directly on top CPU, and the PSU fan intake air directly above the CPU fan (unless you use a fanless ION/Zacate),
which not only limits the height of CPU cooler/fan (37mm~40mm Max., the Intel OEM Core2 fan won't fit), but also affect the cooling ability of CPU fan,
since they both try to intake the very limited amount air. (this is a FANLESS case)
Fanless, and there are no space to screw additional fan. There are enough space for a 120mm fan in the side 3.5" drive slot if not blocked by the bottom tray.
You can put a 3.5" drive and a fan on the side, but bad design of the case makes you spent a lot of extra work in order to do so.
There are a lot of space at the bottom of the horizontal 3.5 drive slot that is unused.
A good case if you plan to use ION/Zacate board, otherwise, you will end up questioning the design of the case.
Quality better than the similar Apex case, less expensive than the Sliverstone one plus you can use a standard 5¼" optical drive.
If Hard disk is place horizontally, which is below the DVD bay, beware that the hard disk length may be too long, so near that it touches the CPU Fan. And also, it misses the RAM by 1 milimeter.
Hence i suggest putting it vertically. :)
Other than that, everything is great. I just love it!
1. The front USB ports are only USB 2.0. Not a deal killer, but you'd expect USB 3.0 these days.
2. There is VERY limited space for the cpu cooler under the power supply. I had to scramble and find a 70x10mm fan to replace the fan on the stock AMD A8-3870 cpu installed in my motherboard. The stock AMD cooler would not fit.
3. There isn't adequate cooling for my AMD A8 cpu/gpu setup. I had to fabricate a small bracket to install another 70mm fan to blow air across the motherboard (from right to left side) or the cpu/gpu along with the power supply would quickly overheat when playing 720p video (which only uses about 10% of available cpu power). Without the auxillary fan, the power supply enclosure gets hot enough to burn your skin. I also had to underclock the cpu from 3.0ghz down to 2.4ghz to keep the heat in check.
Otherwise, I like the small form factor and it was easy to setup (except the drama with shoehorning an extra fan in there). My suggestion would be to avoid a cpu with a TDP over 35-40W, even though the case is rated to handle up to 100W (which is what my cpu is rated for).
Edit: It's 6 months later and the PSU failed. Going from 3 stars to 1. I'd avoid this case entirely since others seem to have gotten bad PSU's as well. Emails to customer service at Thermaltake haven't been answered.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Perfect mini size! It looks simple and fits everything just right into it [I made a pretty simple computer with only 2 PCI slots but it did have a CD-Drive that fit with no... Read morePublished 14 months ago by Kate
Well built compact case! Bought this for a micro ITX Intel Atom 330 motherboard that I use in Mexico..
Small enough to fit in your carry-on bag! Read more
This case is compact, but directions are not clear. It's fine if you have practice assembling PCs or plenty of mechanical aptitude. Read morePublished on February 6, 2014 by Fredric
I have 5 of these boxes running in my office matched with a mini-itx motherboard from Asrock. great combo. Thermal take makes great productsPublished on December 22, 2013 by Thomas G. Johnson
I used this case with a FM2 A55-ITX WiFi B-series mini-ITX motherboard, an AMD A4-5300 APU, and a Gelid Slim Silence A-Plus CC-Silence-APLUS CPU Cooler. Read morePublished on October 16, 2013 by DrHTPC
Nice minimalist design but be careful with processor fan..
You will need to buy a smaller (narrow fan) that fits below the power supply. Read more
This case is 1/3 the size of normal computer cases, or about the size of a shoebox. I chose this because it had a slot for a Blu-ray player. Read morePublished on June 29, 2013 by Nico C
Ordered this for kids rooms. Very easy install of components with all hardware included. Have had no problems running XBMC with the Gigabyte AMD E-350D APU AMD A45 FCH Mini ITX... Read morePublished on June 1, 2013 by Teris3g
I built my first HTPC using this case and it's mostly a good case. My main gripe with it that got it docked 2 stars is the power supply. Read morePublished on April 6, 2013 by Dan G.