Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
on July 11, 2012
This cover does add a lot of comfort and warmth to a camp pad. It is well designed and made. It also provides an additional layer of protection for your mat - so that your mat will be less likely to puncture. It comes with a high quality sack that you can use for this cover alone (not the cover and pad together). It includes buckles and straps on the side to allow you to hook the mat up to other Therm-a-rest pads with the same configuration. It also has snaps on the side to allow you to hook up the blankets Therm-a-rest sells. It has straps on the top to hold your covered mat closed when you roll-it up.

A few issues to be aware of...

When I received the XL cover, it was rolled tight and the memory foam stayed very compressed. (It was probably stored rolled up for a long time.) I let it sit for 24 hours to expand. There were a couple of areas which did not expand. Also, the foam was kind of ugly and had a markings and dark stains in some areas. The memory foam had a strong smell. I decided to try it out anyway.

It was very difficult to get my XL Therm-a-rest Luxury Map Mattress in the cover. However, I was able to do so. The included instructions recommend using a 2.5 inch thick pad. The luxury map is 3 inches thick. I wish Amazon would list this recommendation in the item description. Second, the inflations values did not fit easliy through the openings in the cover. The valves where forced into a downward position. Even when I manually straightened the valves out, deflating the pad was difficult.

I tried the mat out for a couple nights. It did make the Luxury Map more comfortable, warm and quiet. Also, the memory foam smell was less after the couple of days. However, the problem with the inflation valves was annoying and I returned the item. While taking the cover off, I noticed that the memory foam had fully inflated in all areas. And the markings and dark areas seemed to not affect performance.

So, in summary, I would recommend this cover with two caveats. Unless you're sure, check with Therm-a-rest to see if the cover will work well with your mat. Second, be patient with the memory foam. It seems to take a few days to fully inflate and "off-gas".

P.S. The covers are heavier than the one pound described above. They range from about 2 to 3 lbs depending on size. See Therm-a-rest website for specs.
on December 14, 2012
My Scout uses this cover in conjunction with a Thermarest NeoAir mattress on his non-backpacking camping trips. The memory foam, working in conjunction with the inflatable pad makes for a very comfortable night's sleep. While this item could technically be rolled up into the size of large bedroll, its really too heavy and bulky for anything more than a base camp scenario. But if you're looking to upgrade the comfort of your standard-size inflatable sleeping pad and are not in a situation where you have to be too concerned about weight or bulk, this product really does the trick.
on October 8, 2013
wow! I never missed my bed for the 7 nights in a row that I used it!!! For car camping this is super comfortable! kind of overkill on all the snaps and straps (allows pairing of two as well as TWO sewn on straps with carry handle connecting them) but maybe a "basic" version to lower cost and complexity would be nice option.
on December 4, 2012
I bought this cover to augment my already great Thermarest sleeping pad. The result of combining the two is the camping equivalent of a pillow top mattress. It will make your sleeping pad bulkier, but if you have the space to spare (car camping or moto camping esp.), and you want more comfort in your camping sleep set-up, then this is for you!
on July 8, 2013
We tent camp a lot and I wanted a comfortable and easy alternative to the cot and air mattress we use for extended stays. I put a 3.5 inch REI Camp Bed (self inflating pad) in it. The valves line up perfectly with the holes on the cover and it zips right up. It is VERY comfortable for larger people...I can lie on my side and my hip doesn't hit the floor. I have back issues and a comfortable bed is a must. This is a convenient solution. I've used it camping and when visiting a friend's home with a firm bed. Two covers attach to one another with the straps and it makes a nice big bed for two. The fabric top of the cover is cozy and washable but I prefer to cover it with a cotton sheet for warmer weather. I have found the self-inflation to be enough for me, if you want it very firm it will take a few breaths...less than ten. I am very happy with this purchase.
on May 4, 2011
Adding the Dream Time Comfort cover to my Thermarest pad made a huge difference in comfortable sleep for me. I don't slip off my pad anymore and the extra foam thickness was just enough for a more comfortable sleep. Now I have a choice of sleeping pads when I go backpacking and when I just go camping.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.