Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 1,303 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,374 reviews
on February 5, 2017
It lasted 4 hours on my first smoke before it beeped then died. I thought the battery might have been dead so I replaced it with a new one to no avail. It turns on and all of the digits on the LCD screen are frozen.
review image
on December 7, 2016
This oven thermometer was exactly what I needed & wanted. My son's thermometer broke & borrowed mine at Thanksgiving. I didn't get it back. It was a grocery store cheapo anyway. At Christmas I always do a whole prime rib roast & knew I needed a new thermometer so off to Amazon I go.
Finding this one I was a little skeptical about the cable hanging out the door but the reviews were good and I pulled the trigger. I used it last night on a meatloaf & it was wonderful. The two temperatures on the readout are great. Knowing where you are & where you need to be is nice. Then when the desire temp is reached & the alarm sounds...very satisfying. The door isn't opened & closed which keeps the temp steady too.
Set up was easy. The preset temps are a big help.
Buy it you will be glad you did.
on April 10, 2017
Outstanding! I just cooked a tenderloin in the oven with the thermometer in the meat. I could see the temperature as it was cooking. When my desired temperature was reached I received a signal. I took it out of the oven and let the meat rest for five minuets with thermometer still in meat. Interesting to see the temp rise while resting so it even confirmed the belief that meat still cooks while resting. Evtreemly tender when you take the guesswork out of doneness.
I am going to try tomorrow on 2" filet mignons. I am confident they'll be cooked perfectly.
on December 28, 2016
Great price and very simple to use / program and it works like a CHAMP! Helped make the Prime Rib for Christmas dinner GREAT!!! I set it for 145 degrees and stuck it in the oven, about three hours later "ding dong" the alarm sounded and presto prefect prime rib!!!
on August 5, 2016
These are a complete lifesaver (more like meat-saver), and this one is a great example. It is pretty intuitive to use, and the settings are really easy. It's accurate and seemingly well-built. I look forward to using it fro many years to come.
on March 3, 2017
My husband has an electric smoker and uses this so that he can see what the internal temperature of the smoker is without having to open the door all the time and drop the temperature. It seems as though it is durable and heavy duty. He has only used it a few times, but so far it has served its purpose really well.
on May 8, 2017
Overall this is a very good product. I've only had it a few weeks, so I don't know how long it will last, but the presets and settings are easy to use. It seems pretty accurate, although I don't have anything to compare it with.

If I had to nit-pick, I would have to say the only downsides are that the cable is so stiff that when you move the probe it can cause the base of the using to slide around or even tip over. It also take a bit of time to get to display the full temperature of what you are cooking. Not a long time, but I have caught myself wishing it was a little faster when I'm in a hurry. These times may be completely normal, but I don't have anything to compare it to other than a very slow non-digital thermometer. Finally, the screen is difficult to read from an angle (can be a problem when the base is moving around because of the probe movement). I usually just pick up the base and the probe when I'm checking temperatures, so again, not a big deal.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone in need of a food temperature probe.
on May 8, 2017
This is a good product and is easy to use. It has both a F° and a C° setting. You can set a temperature and it will alarm when the temperature is reached, perfect for grills and oven cooking. You can also set it on timer mode.

The one issue I see is the magnet to attach the unit is very weak and barely holds its own weight. If using in an oven this can be a problem as the cord may not be long enough to set it down while inserted into the item you are cooking. For my smoker and grill ,which is why I bought it, this is not an issue. For an oven it may be troublesome.
on May 24, 2017
I bought this thermometer to use for my Traeger Grill and Smoker and I've also used it in my convection over and a crock pot. It has worked awesome every time I've used it, I love this thermometer! You can set it for specific temp or use the 6 preset temps. The alarm goes off when your food has reached the desired temperature. You can also set a timer to go off at a desired time interval. It comes with a AAA battery and has a magnet attached to the back which works perfectly to attach to the pellet feeder on my Traeger. *Do not stick the thermometer on the grill itself. I accidentally left it on there while I was cooking and melted the back a bit. But it still works like dang champ!!!* This thermometer also comes with a 5 year warranty and a LIFETIME temperature probe warranty! Can't get much better than that! You can switch from F to C easily through the switch on the back. The probe itself is slanted so it's easy to insert into your food and the probe is attached to a 40" long flexible cable giving you plenty of room from your probe to your thermometer read out. There's a little kickstand so you can easily set it up on your counter. The I-Tronics staff is very helpful, reliable, sends discount codes, and very friendly over the phone. I've bought one for every BBQ'er in my family because they try and run off with mine.
on March 13, 2017
Although recommended by America's Test Kitchen, this thermometer is malfunctioning after 2 months. With the probe in the meat, the thermometer alerts that the meat is at temperature and then suddenly, the temperature drops. The temp readout vacillates up and down varying up to 10 degrees. So it basically is no help in determining temperature.