YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now NYNN

Showing 1-10 of 684 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on March 27, 2016
UPDATE: I needed to put this at the beginning so people wouldn't read what was once a nice review. This 'gadget' began it's short life in late March of 2016... Used a handful of times and always kept inside when not in use, this thing that was so inexpensive and wonderful..... basically proved yesterday to be a cheap POS. One second it was working, then with a squeak that resembled a hamster being squeezed too hard, died on me. In the middle. Of a large. Smoke. I changed the battery hoping for the best, but, nada. Zip, Zilch. Stay away people, unless you want to think you're getting a good deal. Luckily I had my handy and ever-so-trushworthy Maverick ET-732. Mic drop.So, my wife wants me to smoke a tri-tip AND a whole chicken at the same time...for guests. My problem, you ask? I had only ONE thermometer, a Maverick, and I didn't want to fork out over $50 more for another one. So began my research for an inexpensive, accurate digital thermometer. I quickly found the ThermoPro TP-16, and I'm very happy that I chose it. Compared to my 'other' digital thermometer, this one works just as well at a fraction of the cost! When I was warming up the smoker, I placed both the 'other' thermometer and ThermoPro's in, and both gave me a reading within 1 degree of each other. I am going to order another ThermoPro TP-16 in the near future because why spend the extra money for something that does the same exact job.... with (IMO) a more informative display? Sure, my 'other' thermometer has a wireless unit that I can carry around with me, however, the ThermoPro has a loud enough alarm to make that ability unnecessary. If you're on the fence about what digital thermometer to purchase, I would suggest shying away from the bigger names and give the ThermoPro TP-16 a try. You won't be disappointed! BTW, I am NOT being reimbursed or rewarded in any way by ThermoPro for this review. Just one man's honest opinion.
33 comments| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2016
I bought this because it was advertised for use in a grill. The instructions state "The stainless steel wire probe should not be exposed to oven temperatures exceeding 482 degrees. So why is it advertised for use in a grill which is typically hotter than that. Not as advertised. I will be returning it.
on August 31, 2016
Pros:
None that I can see
Cons:
Unit broke about 30 seconds after purchase. LCD display suddenly stopped displaying half of the segments of the numbers, resulting in the inability to tell whether it is a 7, 0, or 1.
on April 16, 2016
The cord that attaches the monitor to the actual pin is sleek enough to not cause an opening with my oven. While the correlation to when the monitor says the meat is at a certain preparedness is a very slightly off, it is still a good indicator of how well the meat is cooked. I've used for beef, pork and chicken and this device has helped tremendously in cooking.
on September 7, 2016
I really like this thermometer for the first five months. I only used it with my kitchen oven and it produced great results with meat. A couple weekends ago, I used it on my out door grill and it failed. I'm getting at LLL message that doesn't resolve with a battery change. I would say it's pretty good while it lasts.

Customer service let me know that there is a 1 year warranty on this product and has shipped me out another. I appreciate that. Even though I had saved the box I couldn't find any warranty info so I'm glad they pay attention to Amazon reviews. I'm happy to try it again. They recommended not getting the area where the probe and the cord meet wet when washing. I will try that on the next go round.
on March 2, 2016
Only used 2 times, but it worked perfectly. I used it for steak on the grill and for a deep fryer. The only thing is that you have to scroll through the temps one degree at a time. It does not fast skip when you hold the adjustment buttons. Not a big deal. Otherwise a good deal for the price.
on November 23, 2016
This meat thermometer met my expectations, with one exception. The timer function doesn't show seconds, I found this to be a great feature on my last thermometer (from Ikea), as I often use the timer for my kids timeouts and I like to report that they have "47 seconds left" or whatever, when they ask if they can get out of timeout yet. The graphics are super clear and it's easy to cycle through the desired meats. I found that the pre-set temp for pork was higher than what I cook my tenderloins to, but no big deal, I adjusted it down in a matter of seconds. The thermometer has a magnet on the back so you can attach it to a magnetic surface nearby. The buttons are on the top of the unit and are made of a hard plastic, I prefer the soft rubber buttons on my last timer. There is a little plastic stand on the backside so you can prop the timer up on your counter and see the controls. It's just a plastic piece that I imagine won't last long (my last timer had a metal stand/arm). Obviously, I liked my previous timer better, as it was less expensive and functioned a bit better than the ThermoPro!
on November 12, 2016
This thermometer works well, and I love being able to just have the peace of mind to leave food cooking and be alerted when it reaches the desired temperature. It's three stars for two reasons: the pre-programmed temps for certain meats are outdated. The FDA has updated the safe temperatures of several meats to be lower than they are on this thermometer. Additionally, they are set at final temps. With everything but poultry, you obviously take it out prior to reaching finished temp as the meat will continue to cook as it rests. Because of all this, you have to manually set your temp every time, which brings me to the second issue I take with it. The up/down on the temp set is so. freaking. slow. And you can't just hold it down to continuously scroll towards your goal temp. So it's just annoying.
on November 29, 2016
I ordered this for the Thanksgiving turducken. I have never cooked one before and they are so expensive I didn't want to mess it up.

Confession time: I generally don't read instructions. With this thermometer it was so simple to use I didn't need to. It has recommended settings for different meats at different degrees of doneness, and with my turducken it didn't fall on one of the settings. A little bit of fussing with the buttons and I found it was very simple to set your own temperature.

I found the magnet perfect for holding the weight of the thermometer when placed on a completely flat surface. On my oven there is a gentle curve towards the top of the front and when even a small part of the magnet was placed over it, it slid down slightly until the magnet was firmly flat.

I'm happy to say the bird(s) turned out PERFECTLY.
on August 5, 2016
These are a complete lifesaver (more like meat-saver), and this one is a great example. It is pretty intuitive to use, and the settings are really easy. It's accurate and seemingly well-built. I look forward to using it fro many years to come.