ThermoWorks Super-Fast Thermapen (Gray) Professional Thermocouple Cooking Thermometer
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- True 3-second readings, World’s fastest cooking thermometer, Rated #1 by leading Cook’s Magazine
- 4.5 inch probe reaches center of roasts, turkeys, etc. Safely measure BBQ, boiling sugars, fryers
- Range -58 to 572 degrees F covers all cooking and chilling temperatures including deep frying
- Accuracy better than 0.7 degrees F Traceable to National Standards, calibration certificate with test data
- Can be calibrated with digital Trim-Adjust, pro instrument technology superior to cheap housewares
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Read food temps in 3 seconds or less! Thermocouple needle senses real-time temperature changes more precisely than low-cost thermistor units. The 4.5 inch probe reaches the center of large roasts and turkeys. On the BBQ, probe length keeps you and the electronics further from the heat. Popular with pastry chefs, it reaches into pots for boiling sugars and into the center of baked goods. Deep fryers safely measured where competing short probes would expose you to splattering oil. Each Super-Fast® Thermapen® comes with a NIST-Traceable certificate of calibration giving actual test data to prove its accuracy relative to National Temperature Standards. NSF listed. No buttons to confuse you or trap grime. Open the probe, Thermapen turns on. Close it, it turns off. Battery compartment settings personalize your unit. Disable the Auto-Off so the Thermapen is always ready when the probe is open. Change display from °F to °C. Select 1 degree or 0.1 degree. Use Trim-Adjust with an ice bath to calibrate for even better accuracy. Thermapen is the most highly recommended food thermometer in the world. Preferred by celebrity chefs, health inspectors, pro BBQ teams and restaurant chains. The Super-Fast speed and accuracy tell you more than any other thermometer about what’s actually happening in food while it cooks. Hand made in a professional instrument factory in England, the Thermapen’s measurement technology is faster and more accurate than mass-produced houseware thermometers. Splash-Proof industrial design with molded-in seals, high-temp plastics, and minimal food traps survives wet and messy commercial kitchens in demanding ops worldwide. Knock-offs don’t use the same instrument technology, therefore don’t perform the same or last as long. Comes with a guidebook explaining how to use a Super-Fast thermometer for accurate readings and better food. Includes a 2-year warranty backed by ThermoWorks Tech Support center and NIST-traceable calibration laboratory.
Top customer reviews
"We have finished the evaluation of your pink Splash Proof Thermapen. We will be able to repair it, and we will be repairing it at no charge. We will be shipping it back today..."
And that, folks, is just one more reason I am a huge fan of this tool. Don't think twice, get one for yourself and for those who love to cook.
Features I like include:
1. compact size, yet adequate reach to keep hands away from grill
2. Simplicity; open it's on, closed it's off.
3. Splashproof is useful around my grill
4. Automatic shutoff preserves battery life
5. Instructions were clear
6. Speed is great, 2-3 seconds to get temperature is a vast improvement over my old, cheap thermometers.
7. I like the digital readout, although that is just further proof of my geekiness, as if further proof were required.
8. Small, sharp tip enters meat easily and leaves no noticeable marks
I'll take 1 star off for cost-effectiveness. I'm not sure how appropriate that is as the product is, itself, excellent. Feel free to comment.
Bottom line, if you can afford this, it is a great meat thermometer, fast and easy to use. I leave it to the reader to decide if this worth the cost.
This was recommended by America's Test Kitchen and every single product that i have bought on their recommendation has been 100% perfect. On almost every cooking show yo see the chef whip out the dependable Thermopen. If they are using it, and the are all using it, it is the best!
Still has the first CR2032 batteries. Use it at least 3-4 times a week. Never given me a second thought on it's dependability!
Highly recommend. I mean, every chef can't be wrong! It is a little pricey compared to others but it is worth it.