Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: THERMOS FOOGO 11-Ounce Straw Bottle, Blue/Yellow
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Color: Blue/Yellow|Change
Price:$5.63+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on September 30, 2010
My daughter has been using this cup since 9 months old and she's almost 2 and we're still loving it. I wish there are replacement straws but until then I'm always buying a new one whenever the straw starts leaking at the lid's base.

Babies R Us are always sold out of these so I've decided to purchase mine from Amazon now. It's a little bit more expensive but it's better than wasting time going to Babies R Us only to be told they are sold out. But that just goes to prove how popular this item is!

Pros:
* easy to clean - dishwasher top rack!
* doesn't leak, if the lid is closed
* super light
* large opening so I can place large ice cubes in it too
* straw is not tough to sip out of (like other leak-proof bottles)
* clear visible container
* takes falls from high table tops and abuse from a toddler well

Cons:
* straws tends to not fit correctly in the base after months of constant use
* straws become difficult to sip out of for no apparent reason
* Lid no longer snaps closed ... but that's generally after 6+ months of constant use/abuse.

=========

Update 1/23/2013 - My daughter is now 4 years old now and she still loves drinking from her Foogo straw cups. I did discover that if she drinks chocolate milk or chocolate PediaSure Sidekicks that the chocolate is very difficult to clean from the straws and its attachments. Out of the 10 cups I purchased, I only had to throw away 2 of them in 4 years. That's pretty good durability. Now I have a second child who will be using it soon so I'm very pleased with this product.

Luce is correct in her comment below that contacting Thermos customer care is a quick, easy, and cheap solution to getting the straws & its parts replaced. Their number is Consumers Customer Service:
1-800-831-9242. [...]
I contacted them around Summer 2012 and they were very professional and friendly.
22 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2015
If you tighten too much, it leaks from TOP. I have updated it with picture. I do love this bottle, but this issue needs to be resolved.
review image
on July 2, 2015
I love the design of this water bottle. My toddler is easily able to hold on to it, and I like that it keeps the straw clean when the lid is on.

When I first got the bottle, I immediately washed it and then filled it with water to try it out. However, I noticed right away that the bottle leaked. I couldn't believe that it leaked with the first use so I scoured the comments on Amazon for any tips and found a solution!!!!!

First off, the straw silicon piece is detachable so that you can wash it thoroughly. If the straw silicon unit it wet when you screw the lid on, the suction piece moves out of place when you tighten the top. You will see a small gap between the silicon "bump" and the lid which is why the bottle ends up leaking. To prevent this from happening, you must make sure your straw silicon unit and lid are DRY before you screw them onto the bottle. As long as both pieces are dry, they will screw on tight and the silicon suction piece shouldn't move out of place.

Hope this works for you!
on March 3, 2014
We have 4 of these cups plus a stainless one and loved them. They are easy to drink from, leak proof when the top is snapped shut and fairly easy to wash. These were the only straw cups I used with my toddler for the past 1+ yr. However, I recently learned some disturbing news about the plastic material they use for these cups, called Tritan. It's made by the Eastman company and is touted as being BPA-free and ultra-safe. However, there is some question about their safety testing methods and some suggest that Tritan may leach substances that are worse for you than BPA. There have been some comparisons between what Eastman is doing and what big tobacco did. That's scary, especially when the health of your baby is concerned.

I'm very disappointed to learn such disturbing news about a cup we trusted and loved so much and am especially disturbed that these companies would play their "games" with things that affect our babies health (thought I'm not entirely surprised). I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 bc they are very well designed. However, we, sadly, won't be using these cups anymore. Shame on you Eastman.
55 comments| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2012
Hi everyone - this bottle comes with a paper insert that states "this product is leak-proof only when the lid is in the closed and locked position." I LOVE these bottles; I taught my kids to always close it when they are done drinking and have never had a leak (and I have a 3 and 5-year old, so these cups get used and abused). It "clicks" very audibly when it closes so it's easy for them to do. But yes, if you leave the lid open, it will absolutely leak! It does NOT have a valve in it like "traditional" sippy cups, which I like because your kids don't have to suck hard; it's just a straw. The clear bottle means you can actually see how much liquid your child has left. I have been through tons of sippy cups and other "leakproof" straw bottles and these are my favorite.
on January 10, 2012
I was much appreciate that Foogo's design a compatible usage between sippy and straw cup, they can be also switching between thermos and regular bottle without hassle; However, one day, my 18 months old daughter pulled the cap lock from the straw cap, it is a little bit shock to me. This tells me, from now on, I won't let her to use the cup by herself alone, needs to be keeping eye on her.

Even though the parts came off is so small (the plastic tub) that may not be choking hazard to a 18 months old, but you don't want your baby eat something like this, aren't you? I took some pictures and uploaded to here as well: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B00318CLTQ/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_all

I honestly hope that they can do some improvement on this, before any lawsuits come up. Thanks for viewing.
review image review image review image
on August 13, 2010
I like to share my experience with Thermos Foogo Phases Leak Proof Tritan Straw Bottle, 11 Ounce, Blue/Yellow,
My son don't like any sippy cups so i searched in google about great sippy cups, finally i found Foogo stages its really amazing i saw good rating for this so i thought of trying. Now my 20 month kid is love have Juice or Water on it. Its very easy to clean , no need to search for cap that is attached with the cup. I planning to buy for my cousins too.
review image
on July 23, 2012
LOVED this cup at first... then all of a sudden had issues with the cup leaking. The issue is that when you screw the cap on, if you try to tighten it at all, the straw's base twists. The straw then does not line up with the small pinch-off in the cap and even worse, the very base could twist so much it creates a big gap. I bought this cup because my 20-month-old wanted to feel like a big guy with a fancy water bottle like his daddy had... he definitely likes the cup and is good about pushing the cap down, but if I screw the cap on too tightly at all, it doesn't matter how good he is.
44 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2015
I LOVE these cups! They are easy to keep clean as long as you do it frequently, don't let things sit in them, but even if you happen too clean up is still a breeze. I use the OXO Tot Straw and Sippy Cup Top Cleaning Set, and my cups are still in near perfect condition even with a 2 year tossing them around. I've read reviews where consumers have had a hard time getting the lid to shut without the flexible straw piece shifting and leaving a space for the liquids to leak;however, if you turn the lid shut slowly and gently and just until its tight enough that the child can't open it, you'll be fine. I've also found that a bit of water on the rim of the cup before you shut it to help it twist without sticking is quite helpful!

My daughter loves these cups just as much as I do, she has no problems drinking with them and uses them often. I've explained to my daughter that you must shut the lid when you are done drinking, and she does it some times. We are still working on it, but it's not difficult for her to do, she usually sets it on a flat surface and uses both hands to shut it and has no issues clicking the button to re-open it.
on March 24, 2016
Horrible, leak everywhere, Straw and the straw silicone part is very cheap and already has holes in it and my daughter used it less than a handful of times.I don't understand how people can like this product. I have returned it,