Top positive review
87 people found this helpful
Leak Proof, easy to sip straw, easy to clean! Don't leave home without it!
on September 30, 2010
My daughter has been using this cup since 9 months old and she's almost 2 and we're still loving it. I wish there are replacement straws but until then I'm always buying a new one whenever the straw starts leaking at the lid's base.
Babies R Us are always sold out of these so I've decided to purchase mine from Amazon now. It's a little bit more expensive but it's better than wasting time going to Babies R Us only to be told they are sold out. But that just goes to prove how popular this item is!
* easy to clean - dishwasher top rack!
* doesn't leak, if the lid is closed
* super light
* large opening so I can place large ice cubes in it too
* straw is not tough to sip out of (like other leak-proof bottles)
* clear visible container
* takes falls from high table tops and abuse from a toddler well
* straws tends to not fit correctly in the base after months of constant use
* straws become difficult to sip out of for no apparent reason
* Lid no longer snaps closed ... but that's generally after 6+ months of constant use/abuse.
Update 1/23/2013 - My daughter is now 4 years old now and she still loves drinking from her Foogo straw cups. I did discover that if she drinks chocolate milk or chocolate PediaSure Sidekicks that the chocolate is very difficult to clean from the straws and its attachments. Out of the 10 cups I purchased, I only had to throw away 2 of them in 4 years. That's pretty good durability. Now I have a second child who will be using it soon so I'm very pleased with this product.
Luce is correct in her comment below that contacting Thermos customer care is a quick, easy, and cheap solution to getting the straws & its parts replaced. Their number is Consumers Customer Service:
I contacted them around Summer 2012 and they were very professional and friendly.